Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barkley Annoucment at 1pm,(4PM EST)

Missin Meast

F me this hurts us.

Granted I am not the biggest Barkley guy, but was hoping for a deep market.

:doh:

Can any LA area ES'rs figure out a way to kill his eligibilty for next year?

I wouldnt worry too much... he's stepping on his own toes by going back IMO.... He will be lucky to be a top pick next year and I guarantee he won't be number 1

F me this hurts us.

Granted I am not the biggest Barkley guy, but was hoping for a deep market.

:doh:

Can any LA area ES'rs figure out a way to kill his eligibilty for next year?

How about we kill the team for winning meaningless games to take us out of position? Just as ridiculous, right?

---------- Post added December-22nd-2011 at 09:50 PM ----------

I wouldnt worry too much... he's stepping on his own toes by going back IMO.... He will be lucky to be a top pick next year and I guarantee he won't be number 1

Signed,

Peyton Manning.

Well i can tell you I will be rooting against usc Every single game next year. Also against him when he gets to the NFL. Dumb move. Now all we will have left is Matt flynn. Why can't we ever have a franchise quaterback?!!!

Ok rant over.

Moloche on Barkley.

Keep it classy.

---------- Post added December-22nd-2011 at 09:55 PM ----------

He'll have plenty of competition.... top level competition at that. There are some guys next year that could be more intriguing than this years crop, or at least close

Signed,

Andrew Luck.

Well, when I thought the press conference was scheduled for 1:00 eastern time, it set us back about 3 years. Now that the punk is using pacific time, 5-6 years.

:rotflmao: That's hilarious.

I agree with everyone else, I was hoping the QB market would be deeper and we'd have a shot, but at this rate (and with the Skins likely beating the Vikings) we're going to have to wait ANOTHER year.

And what's with all these guys calling for the Skins to draft Weeden? You guys realize he's going to be 29 in the middle of next season right? I'm all for signing 28-29 year old FAs that have proven they can play and contribute in the NFL, but I'm definitely NOT for drafting 28 y/o question marks.

Don't get me wrong, I'll cheer for him if we pick him, but I'd like the chance to have a QB who will be here for 10 seasons, not 5.

Nice input.

Signed,

Rule #3

To make it clear to you and all the other haters on the thread, for some people, it's not about the money or playing in the NFL. Yes, those things are nice. But what USC and Matt Barkley went through the last couple years with bowl bans and sanctions, it's understandable that he wants to use his last year of eligibility, play in a major bowl, and earn some hardware. If you guys are hating on the guy for that, take a hike. The kid has been nothing but class the last few years and stuck it out when many on USC bolted for other schools. How's that input?

so there was very little love to be found for Matt Barkley on this board for the past, well month or so. Now he's going back to USC to finish out his career and posters on this board are on suicide watch. I'm so confused. :pfft:

We'll be alright guys, this is still a very deep draft and RG3 is (for now) still a possibility for us come 2012.

Matt Leinart tweeted that Barkley is staying at USC.

Oh well, guess tanking the season didn't change his mind.

Good decision taking advice from Lienert! ha. The same guy who would have went number 1 in the draft and went back another year and dropped 10 slot and cost himself millions!!

Archived