Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are you still a Redskins fan?

KCClybun

Argueing on this board w/ all the "know it alls" for SURE. Its not for buying Redskin gear...cause I wont cause of the owner taking Cookes name off HIS stadium....NOT watching every game cause I got rid of the Ticket and besides, theres better games on to watch and Im getting older and dont need the stress. Fantasy Football has me watching more "relevent" games anyway. I did have a hiadius during Spurrier and followed the Texans (expansion) untill Gibbs came back. I did watch the game last week cause it was on in my area just to see Moss blow it with his bobble.....he always seems to have a tip picked off at the worst time.

.....Loyalty, My dad raised me a Redskins fan and I have and will continue to do so for my kids. I just hope they get to see winners when they are old enough to "get it". I can honestly say I will be a fan untill the day I die even if we go 0-16 for years and years. Ill always wear my jersey and show my pride after a loss during the off-season etc.

My dad moved here from Lebanon in the 1960's. He first lived in Mississippi and then moved to DC to work at the Library of Congress. My earliest memories are of my dad and his friends over at our house rooting for the Redskins.

I still remember a last second Hail Mary to (Michael Westbrook?) which won us the game against Dallas and everyone being so happy. Must have been around 1995 or so, if anyone can identify the game I'm talking about, please do because I have been trying to figure it out for ages.

Ever since I can remember I have been a Redskins fan. Always asking my dad which color jersey we were rooting for. I will die a Redskins fan and hopefully my kids, when I have any, will enjoy better days than I have as a fan. Again, I know someone on here can remember the game I was referencing. I am pretty sure it was against Dallas but I know it was the last play of the game and was a pass into the end zone. Maybe it was Gus Frerotte but I'm not sure.

I still remember a last second Hail Mary to (Michael Westbrook?) which won us the game against Dallas and everyone being so happy. Must have been around 1995 or so, if anyone can identify the game I'm talking about, please do because I have been trying to figure it out for ages.

You are probably thinking about the first-ever game at FedEx Field (then Jack Kent Cooke Stadium) in 1997, when Frerotte threw a long pass to Westbrook in the end zone to beat the Cardinals in overtime, 19-13.

You are probably thinking about the first-ever game at FedEx Field (then Jack Kent Cooke Stadium) in 1997, when Frerotte threw a long pass to Westbrook in the end zone to beat the Cardinals in overtime, 19-13.

HOLY ****! That is exactly what I was remembering. Thank you! This has been bugging me for years.

god help us if there was a name change.

if the nfl was ever stupid enough to build a franchise here,i still wouldnt change.

i love bein a redskin,most folk here are pats fans for the same reason thats been mentioned why people would never change,they are glory hunters.And to be honest dont know anything about the game.

Me im a redskin,i love the team,i love the game.And one day when me and the other half can afford we will be at fedex,cheering the boys on,no matter if we are a 16-0 or a 0-16.Its love,simple as that.

I flew into DC last week on business. I haven't been to DC since 2006. As we flew in to land at National, I looked out the window. Saw the white house, saw downtown DC, and off in the distance, I saw Fedex. I CHOKED UP AND ALMOST STARTED CRYING. Just seeing Fedex Field made me tear up, and my eyes started watering. IT"S THAT SERIOUS.

What did Jimmy Fallon say in that baseball movie about the sox? Most important things in life: Redsox, sex, and breathing. Well for me, the Redskins are the most important thing in my life. I'm only 29, but in my will, i ask to be buried in a Redskins jersey. I love my wife, and I value my career...but the Skins trump all.

There are fanatic Redskins fans, and then there are the 5% like me. borderline obsessed/psycho fans. See my signature.

Because I was born and raised a redskin fan for which that will never change. This team is a part of me ( just like many others on this site), the day will come when all of us Diehard fans will be rewarded for sticking with them through all of the losing seasons. We will be able to sit back with huge smiles on our faces. The day will also come when all of the bandwagoners show up ( i.e. pats, and ravens fans) for which they will NOT be welcomed among our fanbase. Being a redskin fan is a brotherhood, a common bond that no other fanbase can touch ( except for Green Bay). ALL HAIL and Happy Holidays. :logo:

Archived