Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

12/10/11 ABC Republican Debate

visionary

Mitt claims his health reform didn't raise taxes...are his pants smoking?

There were no tax increases in his plan because he received a huge chunk of money from the federal government to pay for the plan. It's one of the dishonest ways he tries to separate his health care plan from Obama's.

Interesting Question: Should voters consider marital fidelity.

Perry says that if you cheat on your wife, you will cheat on your business partners.

I really want to say yes and in my personal life I certainly consider it. Problem is great leaders are often terrible people to actually deal with. They are often arrogant stubborn ****s with little interest for things that aren't huge and far reaching. Some are arguably insane.

Interesting Question: Should voters consider marital fidelity.

Perry says that if you cheat on your wife, you will cheat on your business partners.

It factors to me.

To me it says a lot more about the values of a person if they will cheat on someone they love (and someone they have made a supposedly unbreakable vow to in presence of the higher being they always credit..). especially since pretty much all of them believe in the higher power who forbids this behavior. Obviously they aren't too worried about that, so I can't see how the law would bother them too much if given opportunity to abuse the power they seek.

It's low, and it shows me a lack of personal integrity that says he (or she) is not beneath any level of contemptable behavior.

Now, knowing that practically ALL of them have their mistresses and flings,, I have to be a bit of a hypocrite in choosing a candidate. I can much easier forgive a moment of weakness than I can, say, telling your wife and the state you'll be camping in the mountains and flying to South America to visit your mistress.

While I would definitely be skeptical of any higher office candidate who swore absolute fidelity... some are much more skeevy about it.

~Bang

Archived