Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big Shout Out to Cam Newton

FloridaSkinsFan2

So, Katie decided to give the ball up in exchange for another and some other "autographed" gifts and a "special" gift to go along.

She said that it was "the right thing to do" and that Cam deserves that ball and it deserves to be in the HOF because its his accompolishment.

Not happy about the decision, but very proud of my daughter. Just shows what kind of person she is. She is an awesome daughter and an awesome person.

---------- Post added December-5th-2011 at 07:22 PM ----------

That's AWESOME! She's got a piece of NFL history.

Okay, now you need to explain to all of us why you raised a PANTHERS FAN!!!! :mad:

Her Mom dropped her on her head as a baby. :)

No seriously tho, She is a Skins Fan too. But became a CN fan in college, and said she would also be a fan of "whatever" team drafted him. Just so happens it was the Panthers. :( Im just thankful it wasnt Dallas, Giants, or Eagles) or we would have a problem! :)

That is so cool. Congrats to your daughter. My friends and I were watching Red Zone and saw him give it to her and were all amazed he would just give it away and were curious if the NFL would come by and snag it back. Keep that ball and get it signed. Could be your daughter's retirement plan.

So, Katie decided to give the ball up in exchange for another and some other "autographed" gifts and a "special" gift to go along.

She said that it was "the right thing to do" and that Cam deserves that ball and it deserves to be in the HOF because its his accompolishment.

Not happy about the decision, but very proud of my daughter. Just shows what kind of person she is. She is an awesome daughter and an awesome person.

Well I kinda wished she had kept it but I respect you for letting her make her own decision.

Hail!

Hey man, I'm sure you saw this, but here's an article about the "mix-up" :P

If you've ever been given the coolest gift by your sports hero, only to immediately have it taken away, then you can sympathize with Katie Brown.

The 16-year-old fan of Cam Newton thought she was dreaming when the Panthers rookie personally handed her the game ball after he scored his NFL-record 13th rushing touchdown by a quarterback Sunday at Tampa Bay. The only problem: That ball was destined for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, not Brown's home.

So how did the Panthers retrieve the ball? That task fell on assistant equipment manager Don Toner, who was hesitant to approach Brown.

"The funny thing is, when Cam scored and started running over there, we're all yelling, 'Oh no, don't,' " Toner said, according to The Associated Press. "It was like watching it happen in slow motion. It was painful."

And, as you'd expect, the moment was a little awkward. But at least Toner offered Brown another game ball and four hats in return.

"I just asked her real nice, 'Would you mind exchanging that ball? We kind of need it,' " Toner said. "And she was real sweet about it. She didn't hesitate. She was so excited, she was trembling. She was just giddy about what had just happened."

Surprisingly, Brown took it all in stride.

"I was like, 'OK, no problem,' " Brown told The AP. "I honestly believe Cam deserves to have that ball because it was his record and his achievement. He should have it."

What a great attitude. And so understanding.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824c81d6/article/panthers-qb-newton-hands-teenager-a-gift-but-canton-calls?module=HP11_content_stream

c_newton_111205_top.jpg

Cool picture too for your collection. Katie sounds like a cool girl .. she should totally have asked for an autographed Newton jersey though. Just my opinion. ;)

Hey man, I'm sure you saw this, but here's an article about the "mix-up" :P

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824c81d6/article/panthers-qb-newton-hands-teenager-a-gift-but-canton-calls?module=HP11_content_stream

c_newton_111205_top.jpg

Cool picture too for your collection. Katie sounds like a cool girl .. she should totally have asked for an autographed Newton jersey though. Just my opinion. ;)

Thanks so much! She is suppossed to be receiving all kinds of autographed stuff from him. We will see. Ill keep you posted. She will be doing several radio interviews as well. I know 1 will be in the AM around 9:30 on 99.3 The Keith Larson show out of Charlotte. They are the Flagship station for the Panthers. Pretty cool stuff for her! :)

If I were her, I don't know if I could give that ball back. If my favorite player handed me a record-setting game ball, I wouldn't give it up to anyone except maybe a personal request from that player himself. But even then...I just don't think that I could do it.

Kudos to her, I guess, but I don't know. I'd want that ball and I'd want it passed down through my family forever. If Cam wanted that ball for himself, he never would have given it to her in the first place.

Kudos to her, I guess, but I don't know. I'd want that ball and I'd want it passed down through my family forever. If Cam wanted that ball for himself, he never would have given it to her in the first place.

Well it's for the Hall of Fame, not for Cam. And from what I understand, Katie's going to get a ton of cool stuff in exchange. If anything though, that's a hell of a cool story for Katie and her dad to pass down. :silly:

Well it's for the Hall of Fame, not for Cam. And from what I understand, Katie's going to get a ton of cool stuff in exchange. If anything though, that's a hell of a cool story for Katie and her dad to pass down. :silly:

Even so. Don't think I could do it.

FYI......

Katie has a live ON AIR radio interview tomorrow morning at 9:30 am. The radio station is 99.3 FM/1110 AM out of Charlotte. Its the "Keith Larson Show" and it will be live. For my friends in NC, please pass this along and listen if you get this station. If you dont get the station and are out of the area, I was told to go to www.wbt.com[/color]/"]www.wbt.com and listen live to the show via the stream. You may want to go there and practice getting the show now so you have no issuses in the AM. smile.gif Pretty cool stuff for Katie! This Station is the Flag Ship station for the Carolina Panthers and covers their games.

Here is another link from ESPN on the story.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...nfl&id=7321921

I also wanted to point out, that I fully respect and support Katies decision to return the ball. What she said about the ball belonging to Cam and he deserved it because it was his acompolishment.... thats Katie. She would do it all over again. That speaks volumes about her character. Not only is she an awesome person and wonderful daughter, but she also is a great student. She makes honor roll, takes some honors and AP classes BUT she also volenteers her time as a cheer coach/ student demonstrator for our local youth Pop Warner team (West Pasco Prowlers) for younger girls. I also coach FB in that same organization. Katie also helps out with the Special Olympics at her school and is several other groups. She is a positive mentor and role model! Myself and her mom are so proud of her!

She has a pretty awesome brother as well (Noah), who is 11 and looks up to Katie. He can be seen in several of the photos and videos that are going around. He is the blonde kid, with the black "Bucs" shirt on.

FYI...... I hate the bucs smile.gif

I dont know what thread this would belong in, so please excuse me if its in the wrong thread.

I want to give a shout out to Cam. My daughter was the one you all may have saw on TV, that he gave the football to. He gave her the football that brike the record for TDs in a single season. We live in the Tampa area. We are orginally from VA. Needlessto say, thats why Im a Skins fan, being from VA, not to mention my love for the Skins. Several years ago, I was the one who got and posted the password for the early ticket purchase in Tampa for their fans, when the Skins came to town for the playoffs. Thanks to my now Ex-Boss whow is a Buc season ticket holder.

Anyway, She is a huge Cam Newton Fan. She streams every Panters game on the computer and watches. She just loves FB.

Anyway, I wanted to share with you all what a classy player he is. She was a big fan before and even a bigger fan now. She is only 16 and he made her day to say the least. She begged me to take her to this game every week since the start of the season. I normally wouldnt go to watch the bucs play (Id be at home streaming my Skins), but took her and my son to this game. My son is in the video as well in the black bucs shirt and blonde hair. Here is the link to an article and video. Pretty cool for her. Thank you again CAM!! I just wanted to share something like this with you all. I thought it was pretty cool. and BTW...I was rocking my Sean Taylor Pro Bowl jersery and red skins pants at the bucs game. I was told several times that I was at the wrong stadium.....my response was...... Lets us skins fan help sell out "fedex south" since you Buc fans cant ;)

[url="http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/cam-ne...y-record-ball"][COLOR=#333333]http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/cam-ne...y-record-ball[/color][/url]

[ATTACH]46140[/ATTACH]/[ATTACH]46139[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]46138[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]46137[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]46136[/ATTACH]

Pretty cool, I live in NC and they were just showing it on the news and the sports commentator said "and no Cam is not married, thats not his wife even tho her jersey said Mrs Newton" lol they thought it was a very nice gesture and I saw you playing with your phone texting or something.. LOL

Fantastic story. I read about it on Yahoo right now and the title of the article implied that Carolina and/or Newton were being dishonorable. Poor title by the author.

"Teen girl asked to return NFL star's gift

Katie Brown, 16, was thrilled when Cam Newton ran up to her and gave her a game ball. Team says not so fast"

Anyhow, you seem to have done a wonderful job raising an upstanding daughter. Good for you both. What a story to be able to tell!

Archived