Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big Shout Out to Cam Newton

FloridaSkinsFan2

I dont know what thread this would belong in, so please excuse me if its in the wrong thread.

I want to give a shout out to Cam. My daughter was the one you all may have saw on TV, that he gave the football to. He gave her the football that brike the record for TDs in a single season. We live in the Tampa area. We are orginally from VA. Needlessto say, thats why Im a Skins fan, being from VA, not to mention my love for the Skins. Several years ago, I was the one who got and posted the password for the early ticket purchase in Tampa for their fans, when the Skins came to town for the playoffs. Thanks to my now Ex-Boss whow is a Buc season ticket holder.

Anyway, She is a huge Cam Newton Fan. She streams every Panters game on the computer and watches. She just loves FB.

Anyway, I wanted to share with you all what a classy player he is. She was a big fan before and even a bigger fan now. She is only 16 and he made her day to say the least. She begged me to take her to this game every week since the start of the season. I normally wouldnt go to watch the bucs play (Id be at home streaming my Skins), but took her and my son to this game. My son is in the video as well in the black bucs shirt and blonde hair. Here is the link to an article and video. Pretty cool for her. Thank you again CAM!! I just wanted to share something like this with you all. I thought it was pretty cool. and BTW...I was rocking my Sean Taylor Pro Bowl jersery and red skins pants at the bucs game. I was told several times that I was at the wrong stadium.....my response was...... Lets us skins fan help sell out "fedex south" since you Buc fans cant ;)

[url="http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/cam-ne...y-record-ball"][COLOR=#333333]http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/cam-ne...y-record-ball[/color][/url]

[ATTACH]46140[/ATTACH]/[ATTACH]46139[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]46138[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]46137[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]46136[/ATTACH]

Is it true that the NFL took the ball back? Saw that posted in the comments on that video page...

She has it in the parking lot in one of the photos, so doesn't look like it.

---------- Post added December-5th-2011 at 01:30 PM ----------

not to be a debbie downer, but that ball won't last very long as the record holder.

Still the record breaker...

Awesome story. Always wondered if the people players gave td balls to were related of friends of friends. Pretty cool your daughter who was already a fan got that ball. And it might not be the eventual record setter. But it is the one that broke it in the first place.

She has it in the parking lot in one of the photos, so doesn't look like it.

---------- Post added December-5th-2011 at 01:30 PM ----------

Still the record breaker...

One of the comments mentioned it was retrieved recently in exchange for various merchandise.

Is it true that the NFL took the ball back? Saw that posted in the comments on that video page...

I guess he can answer since that's his daughter, but that ball SHOULD be hers to keep. The price will just come out of Cam's paycheck.

Very nice move and talk about a memory for Katie. I'm glad that dude is not in the NFC East.

Awesome story. Always wondered if the people players gave td balls to were related of friends of friends. Pretty cool your daughter who was already a fan got that ball. And it might not be the eventual record setter. But it is the one that broke it in the first place.

Wouldn't it be the one that broke it in the second place? :silly:

One of the comments mentioned it was retrieved recently in exchange for various merchandise.

No, we have the Ball. They did give her some Hats as well.

This morning I have taken calles from the Panthers PR dept, The Panthers Beat Writer, an AP (Associated Press) writer, along with a few others. Ill keep you posted with any other details

No, we have the Ball. They did give her some Hats as well.

This morning I have taken calles from the Panthers PR dept, The Panthers Beat Writer, an AP (Associated Press) writer, along with a few others. Ill keep you posted with any other details

That's awesome.... don't give it up!!

not to be a debbie downer, but that ball won't last very long as the record holder.

well lets see..its been what 44 years since it was last set...considering the league has had the likes of steve young, vick, v. young, you know what....you figure it out. its a long list of very mobile qb's that have not been able to break it.

to say it will never be break is probably dumb. to say it wont last long, is even dumber.

well lets see..its been what 44 years since it was last set...considering the league has had the likes of steve young, vick, v. young, you know what....you figure it out. its a long list of very mobile qb's that have not been able to break it.

to say it will never be break is probably dumb. to say it wont last long, is even dumber.

I think he meant that Cam will score more rushing TDs this year and the record will end up being the last rushing TD he has.

It's still the ball that "broke" the record, if not the record holder itself.

I think he meant that Cam will score more rushing TDs this year and the record will end up being the last rushing TD he has.

It's still the ball that "broke" the record, if not the record holder itself.

+1

The record breaking football is the one that's gonna be valuable. Cool story... I strongly dis-liked Cam last year, but, the kid is growing on me. Stories like this always make me feel good because of how much it meant to the young lady that received the ball. Classy move..

[ATTACH]46142[/ATTACH][ATTACH]46143[/ATTACH]

+1

The record breaking football is the one that's gonna be valuable. Cool story... I strongly dis-liked Cam last year, but, the kid is growing on me. Stories like this always make me feel good because of how much it meant to the young lady that received the ball. Classy move..

Here are a few other photos. Think she is happy? 1 is just after he gave her the ball. The other is of her on the phone with the AP writer (I think he is also the Panters beat writer- Steve Reed) and he telling her he is going to send this across the AP nationwide. So everyone look out for that article. He said it would be tonight around "dinner time". Cool stuff for her.

I have also taken calls from the Panters front office, AP department, and equipment manager. :)

Photo Links are up top, over the quote. How do I put them in the body of a message tho? Thanks

Archived