Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Career Highlights of Sean Taylor

stp240

Amazing video. It's amazing when you see those highlights...there was something intangible about his abilities. I mean, look at how many people he brought down with his hand or an arm. He brought McNabb off his feet by grabbing his shoulder pad with 1 hand. No one ever did that. Look how many fumbles he forced. His grip must have been that of a vice. He was ridiculously strong. He never ceased to amaze. He had great closing speed, he could hit you so hard, your mama got bruises, he was a ballhawk...he was a complete package as a defender. Yes, he made his mistakes & often, they were big mistakes, but he was a gamechanger...dynamic!

He will be forever missed as a football player, but more importantly, as a man & a father to his daughter who is now closing in on 6 years old.

Man, I honestly forgot how much of a freak of nature he was until I watched this video. I've never seen that kind of play from anyone on the field since his death. Very depressing. Just imagining him along with Orakpo, Kerrigan, and Landry makes me mad. I feel like that would've given the defense a whole new personality.

Awesome video' date=' thanks brother.

On a side note, how many fines would that dude have in today's NFL?[/quote']

You know, I don't think Sean knew any other way to play. He was so aggressive and passionate on the field. I believe he'd have so many fines, he'd almost be playing for free. But for some reason, I don't think he'd mind. I think he really loved the game that much!

Great video. It reminded me of how much fun he was to watch. Sucks we were deprived of so many more highlights. The thing that stood out to me was he would have been a star at several positions. RB, WR, LB. TE his ability to run in the open field once he got the ball was amazing.

I drive by his house everyday to take my son to his baseball games and I can't bring myself to look at it. And everytime I get near it, I know it's there but can't look.

I just moved down to Miami in August and for the longest time I didn't know I was driving by it everyday. After meeting Sean and him taking time to hangout with my son on his own time just to hangout and talk will forever be with me until I pass away. All he wanted to do was hangout and talk and was the coolest person I've ever met. His personality is the type that after hanging out for 5 mins you knew why he was a special person. I've thought about him everyday and I still can't come to grips that he's gone.

I'm goin to bring myself together and take my son to his grave so we can finally pay respect to the man who will forever touch our lives. My son and I will never forget Sean Taylor. RIP.

Absolutely amazing, thank you so much for that. Highlight reels are one thing, but seeing it in context, wow. I remember all of that. I am so happy that I got to know that we had something special at that Hall of Fame game against Denver in 2004 when Sean first took the field.

I look at this video and, man, I don't see a player like that out there in the NFL. It was almost like watching those Hall of Fame montages from back in the day, and you're just like, "Jesus. That was one for the ages."

I guess that now is as good of a time as any to update my Facebook picture as usual. Thanks for giving me this video to link to along with it.

To paraphrase Gregg Williams: "Sean, you're the best I've ever [seen]; you will be missed."

---------- Post added November-25th-2011 at 12:24 AM ----------

I drive by his house everyday to take my son to his baseball games and I can't bring myself to look at it. And everytime I get near it, I know it's there but can't look.

I just moved down to Miami in August and for the longest time I didn't know I was driving by it everyday. After meeting Sean and him taking time to hangout with my son on his own time just to hangout and talk will forever be with me until I pass away. All he wanted to do was hangout and talk and was the coolest person I've ever met. His personality is the type that after hanging out for 5 mins you knew why he was a special person. I've thought about him everyday and I still can't come to grips that he's gone.

I'm goin to bring myself together and take my son to his grave so we can finally pay respect to the man who will forever touch our lives. My son and I will never forget Sean Taylor. RIP.

I'd love to hear more about how you managed to hang out with him and what that experience was like. I am unfathomably jealous.

I remember I was going to UMD at the time in 2005 when Sean and Shawn were having an autograph signing at a mall, and I was going to call out of work to meet him, but I thought, "Nah, Sean wouldn't ***** out of work that he's committed to, so I won't either." How bittersweet that was.

That ending is the saddest thing ever. Brought back too many emotions. I became a redskins fan in 03-04 when i was in the 6th grade and he was my redskins.. He was my favorite player and the best player i could ever dream of. I had 3 of his jerseys and i always played football in my backyard and tried to interpret st21. That was by far the saddest day of my life. I just did not know what to do. I know everyone on here knows how special he was. You all have your art monks and john riggens as your childhood redskins. Sean taylor was mine and no one will ever take that from me.

---------- Post added November-25th-2011 at 01:08 AM ----------

On a side note, how many fines would that dude have in today's NFL?

DUDE DONT EVEN BRING THAT UP!!! THIS GUY PLAYED WITH IN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE GAME AND LAYED HIS HEART OUT THERE DAY IN AND DAY OUT!!!! SHAME ON YOU MY MAN

That ending is the saddest thing ever. Brought back too many emotions. I became a redskins fan in 03-04 when i was in the 6th grade and he was my redskins.. He was my favorite player and the best player i could ever dream of. I had 3 of his jerseys and i always played football in my backyard and tried to interpret st21. That was by far the saddest day of my life. I just did not know what to do. I know everyone on here knows how special he was. You all have your art monks and john riggens as your childhood redskins. Sean taylor was mine and no one will ever take that from me.

---------- Post added November-25th-2011 at 01:08 AM ----------

On a side note, how many fines would that dude have in today's NFL?

DUDE DONT EVEN BRING THAT UP!!! THIS GUY PLAYED WITH IN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE GAME AND LAYED HIS HEART OUT THERE DAY IN AND DAY OUT!!!! SHAME ON YOU MY MAN

Dude, he's not saying that as a bad thing. It's a compliment to Sean's hitting ability.

Hinted at this in the other thread.... I do believe in his death ST has become "overrated" on the field a bit.

What games were you watching? I always thought while he was alive he was underrated, but his last season was going to be something special. I will always remember in that last season it was impossible to throw any kind of "bomb" on us.

The thing with Sean Taylor was that not only was he getting better as a person, but off the field he was becoming a man. We all know about the troubles he had when he was younger, and like a great man he was beginning to make up for his mistakes. I just feel sorry for his family and friends. If it hit us this hard, I can't imagine how hard it hit them.......

What games were you watching? I always thought while he was alive he was underrated, but his last season was going to be something special. I will always remember in that last season it was impossible to throw any kind of "bomb" on us.

He was on his way to Defensive MVP his last year. Leading the league in picks. I remember the Green Bay game when I believe he had 2 picks but could've had 5 that day. Favre said in the postgame press conference that he had never seen someone cover that much ground as Sean did that day.

So sick of the highlights with music. Love hearing the announcers. Unbelievable video. Thank You.

>> Agreed. I can actually share this with my nephews. The fact that someone took the time to synch up the TV with the radio is awesome. Also, anybody else notice the giddiness in Sam's voice during these highlights?

One of a kind talent...who knows how great he could have been. Will never be realized fully sadly. Was becoming a better man, and a heck of a player... Hail! Sean Taylor. A Redskin forever. I'm selfish as a fan, a talent and life cut short, ...but I think of his family and daughter. Sorry for their loss.

Archived