Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Orakpo on Romo

thedream313

Ryan Kerrigan is starting to help me understand how and why Orakpo slipped all the way down to the 13th pick when we selected him in the 09 draft. I like B.O. but I have always viewed him as a bonafide DE playing out of position at LB. Kerrigan on the other hand has made the transition from DE to LB rather seemlessly in his first year as a pro. I think Rak would be a lot harder to stop, if he was playing with his hands in the dirt in a 4-3 scheme. I could be wrong about that but its not like he's ever had a 4 or 3 sack game for that matter, since we inexplicably changed to a 3-4 scheme when Shanny arrived. I hope I'm wrong about Rak but so far this season he hasn't given me much of a reason to think the linebacker experiment is in his long term best interests. Especially not today against the cowgirls when we were one foiled 3rd down conversion away from a win...

Um Rak has improved greatly against the run as the year has progressed. He is mediocre in coverage but is a excellent pass rusher. Romo sits to pee had to spin and run for his life cuz Rak was in his face most of the day. The guy is in his third year. Way some of you people talk he has hit his ceiling when I personally think that is complete Bull****.

Antonio Ramiro sure was extra slippery today. Son of a *****.

As for bashing Orakpo, you guys are hilarious. There must be NOTHING that could make you happy. If we were winning Superbowls, you'd say we aren't winning them by enough points.

I beg to differ. How many feel good stories about him playing lights out do we have to endure every year? Remind me what year he's in again. Don't you have to win something eventually? Call me a hater, but do something before before the media clowns crown him the best ever at never doing anything.

There are a few "good" qbs in the nfl who have never really done anything....Romo sits to pee is one of them. Everything fullnelson said is spot-on.

He doesn't suck, but he has been underwhelming this season. I honestly don't think there would have been a difference today if Lorenzo Alexander had replaced Orakpo.

If Lorenzo was in today Romo sits to pee probably wouldn't have been able to roll out to his left buying all sorts of time as often. Not because Lorenzo would have made any plays but at least he wouldn't break contain like Orakpo did all game

If Lorenzo was in today Romo sits to pee probably wouldn't have been able to roll out to his left buying all sorts of time as often. Not because Lorenzo would have made any plays but at least he wouldn't break contain like Orakpo did all game

His job is to rush the QB not contain him. Guys with that are far less mobile than Romo sits to pee break contain of the pocket all the time.

If Romo sits to pee sucks then I hope the next QB we get sucks.

I love to bash Romo sits to pee when he chokes as much as the next Skins fan but the guy is a legit playmaker.

Agreed. He is a serial choker, but he's also elusive as hell. He's performed more than a few disappearing acts on us. Just when you think he's down for the sack, he gets out of it and throws a first down.

One of Romo sits to pee's best abilities is to move around just enough to extend time for receivers to get open. If you bring pressure up the middle, he can move laterally to extend the play. If you bring pressure from the ends, he can step up to avoid the sack. He's not a top 5 QB in the NFL, but he's a solid starter who usually keeps his team competitive. I hate him for that, but I'm not too much of a homer to deny it.

Romo sits to pee is to Redskins what Flacco is to the Steelers. Both kick ass when they play their rival but then choke in other games

---------- Post added November-21st-2011 at 12:30 AM ----------

One of Romo sits to pee's best abilities is to move around just enough to extend time for receivers to get open. If you bring pressure up the middle, he can move laterally to extend the play. If you bring pressure from the ends, he can step up to avoid the sack. He's not a top 5 QB in the NFL, but he's a solid starter who usually keeps his team competitive. I hate him for that, but I'm not too much of a homer to deny it.

On that same note there was a crap ton of holding not called that also contributed to those extended plays. My section was livid with all the uncalled holdings. Cowboy fans even realized they were getting away with it. Then again trying to deny that your offensive linemen has a defensive end in sleeper hold is kinda hard.

Orakpo should man up and raise his hand as being culpable for this loss. Each time we had a 3rd and long, Romo sits to pee, a right handed QB would role out on Orakpo's side avoiding whatever pass rush was coming his way by going Orakpo's side. He had opportunities to actually end the game by making a big play on 3rd down.

Orakpo should man up and raise his hand as being culpable for this loss. Each time we had a 3rd and long, Romo sits to pee, a right handed QB would role out on Orakpo's side avoiding whatever pass rush was coming his way by going Orakpo's side. He had opportunities to actually end the game by making a big play on 3rd down.

Dear God......

You cannot pin this game solely on Orakpo. Is he perfect? No. Does he still have some things to work on? Yes. Was this loss all his fault? Hell no.

His job is to rush the QB not contain him. Guys with that are far less mobile than Romo sits to pee break contain of the pocket all the time.

True but my point was more that Orakpo was constantly taking himself out of the play because of his lack of moves and dependence on the speed rush. Look at the opposite side, Kerrigan was also rushing but managed not to let Romo sits to pee escape on a consistent basis and even got a sack. If you look at some of the big plays of they game such as the 3rd and 15 and the Robinson touchdown Romo sits to pee was able to roll out to the side Orakpo was rushing toward and make the play.

Archived