Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins place in waiver claim on Brian Robiske

Daaskins

I've always been a fan of Robiske since Ohio State and he's been playing in the WCO w/ Cleveland.

But this is a head scratcher.

Cleveland needs WR and they let him go?

And we already have a log jam at WR.

We might have a log jam, but what we don't have is a someone from this group that scares anybody.

Paul, Hankerson and Austin should be playing/contending for that no. 1 and 2 spot. Moss out of the slot in his final years can regenerate what he's lost. The time is now for the rookies to prove they are starting caliber or busts. You dont get many opportunities in this league. When the opportunity arises you better be ready to jump or you drown. Dont know why we would look at Robinske unless the coaches are not confident in the players they have.

The waiver wire in the NFL works exactly like the waiver wire in your fantasy football league. Over a certain period of time, each team has a chance to claim a player, and once the that period of time is up he goes to a team that claimed him. If multiple teams have claimed him, he's goes to the team with highest waiver priority(determined by worst record). If no one claims him he becomes a free agent.

Thank goodness we went after him. 8 WRs just isn't enough.

Exactly.

Seems as though we're already right back where we were at the end of last year, bringing in everyone else's "trash", for lack of a better term, at the skill positions and giving them a try. (We got Choice and tried with Robiskie.) I know we brought in several RBs last year. I thought this is why Skins drafted several RBs and WRs this year? Is this an admission that at least some of those drafted guys was a mistake?

Like it or not, this doesn't give the appearance of progress. To me it feels like Skins are at the same place as they were last year.

Archived