Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: John Beck was just sacked again. Seriously

GibbsFactor

Well, this sucks, but still he's the best quarterback we have.

Which, if he puts up another stinker Sunday, will make us worse off than back in 2003 when we had Patty Ramsey and Tim Hasselbeck.

Or even worse than the Andrew Walter/Aaron Brooks/Marques Tuiasisopo led Raiders of whatever crappy year that was.

Oh, I forgot about the '05 Bills led by Kelly Holcomb and JP Losman...that may actually have been worse.

Tim Hasslebeck says he can do better. Give him a shot.

(This season makes me feel like I should send a letter of apology to Jason Campbell).

I think we should make our QBs compete reality show style. A panel of judges including Tim Hasselbeck can decide who moves on to the starting position.

Lets talk about how the ball keeps biting him on the hand when he takes off running. Second game in a row he fumbles the ball without any contact.

The sacks alone against a team that had 4 all year shows they always play to the level of their opponent.

I think you mean that they play to a level lower than that of their opponent

Are people going to blame this one on the Oline and receivers as well?

The blame is spread among everyone offense. The blame goes to a QB with little experience, a bowling pin oline that was manhandled all game, WRs being well covered, low quality play at RB, and questionable playcalling. Then you factor in the defense playing bad. It was the perfect storm.

Also, one thing that hasn't been talked about is that the Bills really, really wanted that game. They have been winless in Toronto and wanted to get that win badly. Playing in Toronto was a monkey on the Bills back. They came out wanting this game and we came out extremely flat.

Also, one thing that hasn't been talked about is that the Bills really, really wanted that game. They have been winless in Toronto and wanted to get that win badly. Playing in Toronto was a monkey on the Bills back. They came out wanting this game and we came out extremely flat.

No team is better at removing monkeys than the Redskins. I swear, we should be getting commission for every time an opponent ends a streak or breaks a record against us.

The blame is spread among everyone offense. The blame goes to a QB with little experience, a bowling pin oline that was manhandled all game, WRs being well covered, and low quality play at RB. Then you factor in the defense playing bad. It was the perfect storm.

As analysis after analysis has shown, it was not a perfect storm. Beck takes an inordinate amount of sacks. That's just who he is. He has taken fewer than 3 sacks in only 1 of his 6 starts. He has fumbled at least 1 time in every game he has played in - even incomplete games (i.e. games in which he was pulled early in the 1st quarter, games in which he was inserted via injury in the second half). This is just who he is. Stop blaming the other players - the offensive line should not be blamed for the struggles of a QB who should not be in the league.

When you have the worst player on the field playing the most important position of the field, it puts your team in an insurmountable hole.

As analysis after analysis has shown, it was not a perfect storm. Beck takes an inordinate amount of sacks. That's just who he is. He has taken fewer than 3 sacks in only 1 of his 6 starts. He has fumbled at least 1 time in every game he has played in - even incomplete games (i.e. games in which he was pulled early in the 1st quarter, games in which he was inserted via injury in the second half). This is just who he is. Stop blaming the other players - the offensive line should not be blamed for the struggles of a QB who should not be in the league.

When you have the worst player on the field playing the most important position of the field, it puts your team in an insurmountable hole.

wait a minute- you are really saying that an O line that cant stop a 4 man rush, or open running lanes for our RB's vs the worst D in the league- (see the john keim article on the sacks and his breakdown of the pass and run blocking) -'should not be blamed'?? you mean 'should not be blamed at all'?

i think as redskins fans we are so quick to blame out woes on one player. sometimes its reed doughty. sometimes its grossman. or beck. or campbell. or jamaal brown. or casey rabach. thats not even counting blaming coaches.

isnt it probable that the blame is somewhere in between? its not possible that our line was really bad, while, on several sacks, beck held the ball too long, or missed an open receiver? inst it possible that our OC should have called for some 3 step drops, or more rollouts?

i dont get how our line 'should not be blamed'. beck wasnt good. our line was at least equally awful. after being shut out by a horrible D, everybody ought to be questioned.

The blame is spread among everyone offense. The blame goes to a QB with little experience, a bowling pin oline that was manhandled all game, WRs being well covered, low quality play at RB, and questionable playcalling. Then you factor in the defense playing bad. It was the perfect storm.

Signed,

Epstein's Mom

What do you expect, the mans a 30 year old rookie only started 6 games before. He will straighten it out, we have good coaching

Archived