Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

via Twitter reporters - Redskins release OL Jonathan Compas and sign CB Brandyn Thompson off practice squad

c4man5282

dshif Daniel Shiferaw

#Redskins announce that they have signed rookie cornerback Brandyn Thompson off the practice squad, release guard Jonathan Compas

granthpaulsen Grant Paulsen

The #Redskins have formally announced that they've re-elevated CB Brandyn Thompson from the practice squad. OL Jonathan Compas was released.

FNNChuck Chuck Carroll

#Redskins officially announce signing of CB Brandyn Thompson from p-squad and release of OL Jonathan Compas.

...Also why is everyone bashing Hall? Hall is playing better than the other CBs in our secondary.
Hall hasn't been playing well, IMO. His injuries could explain it.

Haslett had Josh Wilson covering Steve Smith in the second half at Carolina.

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

Oct. 28, 2011

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

ASHBURN, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed cornerback Brandyn Thompson to the team’s 53-man roster. The team also waived offensive lineman Jonathan Compas.

Thompson (5-10, 177) spent the first four weeks of the season on the Redskins’ active roster, appearing in two games. Thompson saw action at cornerback in the Redskins’ Week 2 win against Arizona, and he appeared on special teams in Washington’s Week 3 game against Dallas.

Thompson was selected by the Redskins in the seventh round of the 2011 NFL Draft last April after having appeared in 49 games at Boise State. For his college career, he amassed 146 tackles (95 solo), seven tackles for a loss, 13 interceptions and three fumble recoveries.

-REDSKINS-

ABOUT THE REDSKINS: Headquartered at Redskins Park in Ashburn, Virginia, and owned by Daniel Snyder, the historic Washington Redskins Football Club has won five World Championship titles including the 1937 and 1942 National Football League Championship games, as well as Super Bowls XVII, XXII and XXVI. Founded in 1932 as the Boston Braves in Massachusetts, the team changed its name to the Redskins in 1933 and relocated to Washington, D.C., in 1937. Since then, the team has become one of the most recognizable professional sports franchises in history, featuring three Hall of Fame coaches, 19 members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame (with seven others who also were Redskins) and becoming the first team in the NFL with an official marching band and fight song, "Hail to the Redskins." The Redskins have been owned by Dan Snyder since 1999, and beginning in 1997, began playing their home games at FedExField in Landover, Md.

eshead9sjpg.jpg

Hall hasn't been playing well, IMO. His injuries could explain it.

Haslett had Josh Wilson covering Steve Smith in the second half at Carolina.

Which proved to be very costly, Hall is still better than Wilson. If injury is the reason, I can understand. But Hall is a good corner for our team.

:helmet:

Why isn't Royster called to duty? I mean considering the injury and unpredictability of the RB position, why hasn't he been called up?
Good question. I was wondering the samething myself.
Also why is everyone bashing Hall? Hall is playing better than the other CBs in our secondary.

That's not really saying very much looking back at the past couple of games.

Which proved to be very costly, Hall is still better than Wilson. If injury is the reason, I can understand. But Hall is a good corner for our team.

Hall can't cover a full sized bed with a queen sized sheet, at least this year. He has been bad, played bad ...just bad.

Haslett said in yesterday's presser that Barnes is best getting his hands on the WR and playing man, which to me says not nickle - is that right? Would be good to see how well Barnes can play man on good WRs as I like the thinking behind Hall saying put him on their best guy last season, just with someone who is actually good at man rather than zone.

Taking the Panthers game as an example would it be feasible in our scheme to put a CB on Smith to play man and have the other DBs in zone etc playing around that?

Thompson being brought in to see how he goes in the nickle that Barnes isn't suited for, so he's getting some game time sounds like a good move for the future imo.

There's a small part of me that's thinking Shanahan and Haslett aren't too fussed if we lose and look ok doing it, a lot earlier in the season this year that young guys are getting game time - though of course this could just be the young guys are better this year...

Archived