Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Does Anybody Actually Believe Shanny Would Tank A Season?

Crazy Levi

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

So there seems to be tons of sentiment around here that sucking, tanking, taking a dive, mailing it in (take yer pick) is the absolute best course from here on in for a team that has somehow managed to not be eliminated from playoff contention by November, so that we might have a better shot at landing the #3 QB in the draft. Or something like that.

This isn't about whether or not that's a good idea. The question is: is it actually within the realm of possibility?

Do you think there is any chance that at 3-3, Shanny, Allen, and Snyder (and you know it would take all three) would buy in to purposely fielding a team that has no hope to win, in hopes of securing the best draft pick not being held by the Dolphins, Rams, or Colts?

They don't have to. It will take care of itself. How high of a draft pick does a 3-13 record bring?

---------- Post added October-25th-2011 at 02:03 PM ----------

He doesn't have to. It will take care of itself. How high of a draft pick will a 3-13 record bring?

No. But then I've never advocated we do. Our lack of talent, youth, and now horrid injuries will take care of that for us.

Wanting us to lose at the gun is a completely different thing to wanting the young players to be played, give their all and progress individually and as a group to prepare them for the future. But most just associate losing with 'tanking', however many different ways you try explain it.

Hail.

No way in hell Shanny would ever tank a season, that is why I'm glad he is coach and not some of the people on this forum.:insane:

Let me tell you, no one on this site would tank a season either if they were the coach.

No. But then I've never advocated we do. Our lack of talent, youth, and now horrid injuries will take care of that for us.

Wanting us to lose at the gun is a completely different thing to wanting the young players to be played, give their all and progress individually and as a group to prepare them for the future. But most just associate losing with 'tanking', how many different ways you try explain it.

Hail.

You stated in another thread you wanted us to lose the rest of the season, sounds like you want to lose at the gun.

________________________________________________________________________________________

But that's exactly where I'm at with the 2011 Washington Redskins. Wanting them to lose out the rest of the season. Taking one full in the mouth for the next 10 weeks until we can hardly stand; but safe in the knowledge a mere 4 months later we'd be able to finally add that elusive piece we've searched high and low for these past 37 years to no avail. Losing 10 battles, to ultimately be in a position to win the war again. [GHH quote]

This isn't about you dude. Just asking a question of the board. A question that few seem to have actually considered.

What you are "advocating" isn't really relevant. Plenty of people have openly called for "tanking" the season. I thought it would be interesting to interject a little bit of reality into the situation.

I picked the Skins to go 7-9 this season. Like everyone else, a 3-1 start got me thinking I was wrong. Now here we are at 3-3, and reality has once again gripped us in its icy hand of fate.

Regardless, I don't think the Skins are bad enough to go 3-13. I don't think they are bad enough to go 4-12. Not with the Dolphins, Seahawks and Vikings on the schedule, and a couple more sure to be surprising wins coming our way. I still think this is a 7-9 team, which will get us a middle 1st round pick.

The only way for this team to go 3-13, and get that 3rd or 4th pick in the first round that many seem to think will magically restore this team to honor, would be to do it on purpose.

And I think it's important for people to realize that it's not going to happen.

Crazy, sorry if that came across personally.

I was talking in general terms, it wasn't directed at your OP. Hell, I'm not vein enough to think you'd put that up in response to me man.

Sorry for the confusion.

Hail.

You're so vain (vein?)...you probably think this thread is about you...

I think it's in the realm.

Here's coach Shanahan on whether he's ever told a defense to fake injuries, from an AP piece about the league memo:

"I can't say I have," Shanahan said before pausing. "But I won't say I haven't, either."

Then he smiled.

"It happens all the time, and warnings will come out," he added, "and it's happened again."

You stated in another thread you wanted us to lose the rest of the season, sounds like you want to lose at the gun.

________________________________________________________________________________________

But that's exactly where I'm at with the 2011 Washington Redskins. Wanting them to lose out the rest of the season. Taking one full in the mouth for the next 10 weeks until we can hardly stand; but safe in the knowledge a mere 4 months later we'd be able to finally add that elusive piece we've searched high and low for these past 37 years to no avail. Losing 10 battles, to ultimately be in a position to win the war again. [GHH quote]

You misunderstood my post in this thread man.

I was saying me wanting us to lose at the gun was totally different to how I want that, and expect that, to come around. (And then explaining that in more detail.).

I wasn't changing track and suggesting I didn't want us to 'lose at the gun.'

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hail.

And LOL at Crazy. Thank's for the correction, and props for the quick wit there. :cheers:

Archived