Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do expect from John Beck on Sunday?

darrelgreenie

Not that it matters' date=' but I find Beck quite dull. [/quote']

Chris Russell covering the team for 980, says that Rex is more the dull guy. Beck he says in comparison is the livelier people person. Rex he says is more of an introvert. I forgot whom but there was a radio guy who made fun of how dull Rex is in press conferences.

Edit; for reference to this, on the 980 audio vault, it was discussed Monday at 7 pm. on the same show, J. Brown when asked by Russell to compared the two in the huddle, said Beck is more excited/enthusiastic. Russell on another broadcast talked about Rex being a strange guy. Not that IMO though it matters one way or another. But Rex to me might be the most boring QB interview in the NFL.

That's a subjective assessment.
I stopped reading after you used the word 'subjective' because I was laughing too hard.

You using the word subjective is a joke to me.

In your honest opinion you don't think Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Jay Cutler and Matt Ryan are above average QBs?

The way to tell how John Beck played is to watch the game.

I stopped reading after you used the word 'subjective' because I was laughing too hard.

You using the word subjective is a joke to me.

In your honest opinion you don't think Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Jay Cutler and Matt Ryan are above average QBs?

The way to tell how John Beck played is to watch the game.

I am with you here. Why not for starters just have Beck beat Rex's 66 QB rating, statistically ranking dead last in the league aside from Kerry Collins, and the 19 turnovers in 8 games. Rex had like a 45 Qb rating and played IMO horribly against the Rams who are ranked 30th in defense. I don't mean this as another Rex bashing but seriously, I think its unfair to have Beck in game #1 in the NFL since 2007, with a vastly inferior O line to what Rex has been playing with -- to judge his appearance against Carolina to be a failure unless he has a stellar game.

did you read Jenkins' article?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/rex-grossmans-biggest-mistake-failure-to-recognize-his-own/2011/10/20/gIQAfN6x0L_story.html

Rodgers and Brees are two of the three best QBs in the NFL.

Cutler and Ryan are harder to judge. I agree that most fans think that they are above-average QBs. I think Cutler under Shanahan was generally outstanding. The 2011 Cutler and the 2011 Ryan are possibly average -- I think that's a subjective evaluation.

Rodgers and Brees are two of the three best QBs in the NFL.

Cutler and Ryan are harder to judge. I agree that most fans think that they are above-average QBs. I think Cutler under Shanahan was generally outstanding. The 2011 Cutler and the 2011 Ryan are possibly average -- I think that's a subjective evaluation.

Fair enough.

So, long story short, we are back to Campbell ball. Expect a very dull game with tons of check downs, screen passes, and throwaways, and a game we win or lose by 2-4 points.

Because we'd be blowing teams out with Rex in there. Take out Kerrigans TD and we either won or lost every game by 7 or less.

---------- Post added October-21st-2011 at 12:44 PM ----------

The 2011 Cutler and the 2011 Ryan are possibly average -- I think that's a subjective evaluation.

I guess you haven't watched Cutler play recently. Cutler is average when Grossman is demoted to Arena ball due to general suckage.

What do I expect from Beck this weekend?

Not a lot to change. Some dropped balls, some INT's, some of what the fans like to call "bad decisions"..... etc. etc. etc.

---------- Post added October-21st-2011 at 03:53 PM ----------

Did I say that?

I was asked what I expect, and I said what I expect. Lots of screens, check downs, and few shots downfield. It's got nothing to do with Rex.

They wanted you to say Beck showing up and becoming the savior of the team. Lighting it up 100%. Team wins by 20 points. Beck , Beck, Beck.

Instead you gave the typical answer of what you thought would work best against the Panthers. I did the same last week with the Eagles, I said the team should use more screen passes, and slants to get the ball beyond the DL and in the open field. They ran 1 screen in the 4th quarter and it worked for a 1st down. Not to be used again.

Ya know, honestly, I think it's 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other. While Rex wouldn't run for any yardage no matter how much space was seemingly in front of him, he automatically wanted to throw the ball. Unfortunately, he made mistakes when he did that & gave the ball to the other team. Rex was quick to get rid of the ball usually, but was increasingly getting worse with his decision making on the field, so him getting rid of the ball wasn't always a good thing.

Now, John Beck on the other hand, seems to hold onto the ball a little longer, waiting for plays to develope & will be more mobile & will move out of the pocket (hopefully in a more "rolling pocket" style) while WRs try to get open. While we will probably see a dramatic drop in INTs, I predict an increase in sacks. Beck will be less likely to throw the ball into traffic for risky plays, but will be more likely to hold the ball & take a sack before just lobbing up a lame duck. I foresee alot of 3rd Down & long situations. With that said...

I see a 2 TD, 0 INT game, 265 yards, 32 yards rushing in a 24-10 win over Carolina. :D

Ya know, honestly, I think it's 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other. While Rex wouldn't run for any yardage no matter how much space was seemingly in front of him, he automatically wanted to throw the ball. Unfortunately, he made mistakes when he did that & gave the ball to the other team. Rex was quick to get rid of the ball usually, but was increasingly getting worse with his decision making on the field, so him getting rid of the ball wasn't always a good thing.

Now, John Beck on the other hand, seems to hold onto the ball a little longer, waiting for plays to develope & will be more mobile & will move out of the pocket (hopefully in a more "rolling pocket" style) while WRs try to get open. While we will probably see a dramatic drop in INTs, I predict an increase in sacks. Beck will be less likely to throw the ball into traffic for risky plays, but will be more likely to hold the ball & take a sack before just lobbing up a lame duck. I foresee alot of 3rd Down & long situations. With that said...

I see a 2 TD, 0 INT game, 265 yards, 32 yards rushing in a 24-10 win over Carolina. :D

I need him on my Fantasy team.

Archived