Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do expect from John Beck on Sunday?

darrelgreenie

To move the offense efficiently, not fumble snaps, and walk away with points in each trip to the red zone.

That's what I'm excited about. I think he'll be able to get it in there quit often. He seems a little more comfortable in the red zone than Rex did. He also poses the threat of running it in himself. I've been posting about how neither of our QB's are the future of the Skins but after watching his replay of the Eagles, he might just have a chance. That's not saying its a sure thing but he definitely has a chance at being a starting QB for a while. I just hope Shanny uses his judgement and can see whether or not he's worth the time and investment.

I'll go on record with 25/34 for 325 with 1 touchdown and 1 pick, which equates to a 100.7 rating. I think there will be a lot of passing in this game because of our OL's inability to create holes. I see us moving the ball through the air but still getting bottled up on the red zone. Beck will benefit from being an unknown quantity and facing a weak opponent.

I think Beck's stat line will be something like:

22 for 36

280 yards

1 TD

0 INT

Things I noticed from the Eagles game when Beck was in, besides yards,1st downs and a TD and what it could mean for the offense going forward:

o more 3-step quick rhythm passing game

o more empty set 5 wide (w/ Hightower or Helu motioning out to wide from singleback)

o goes without saying: more effective and frequent boot-swap/boot action passing

o quicker decision making, Beck goes through his progressions/ much quicker, he seems to process information faster

o more intermediate passing attempts in the +10 to 20 yard range (Gaffney, Moss)

o (as opposed to throwing into double coverage)better indentification decision/recoginition of 1 on 1 match-ups downfield (e.g. Stallworth, Gaffney), especially down the seam (e.g. passes to Gaffney and Austin)

o Becks seems to play with an overall higher sense of urgency and purpose

wow he had much more drops then i remember, he looked actually really good.
I only really consider the Stallworth pass a true drop.

Gaffney pass was well defended/broken up by DRC, there was a well defended bang-bang pass to Helu and a low pass pass to Gaffney that he barely got his fingers on.

I thought Beck had 3-4 throwing errors: Torain, Gaffney, Davis x2.

I hope Beck involves the WRs he throws to on the scout team and get them more involved. Paul/Austin should benefit as he has comfortability with them and they aren't scouted by other teams so they could surprise the next few teams who haven't thought of them to gameplan for them.

Archived