Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do expect from John Beck on Sunday?

darrelgreenie

Decent decision making, the ability to protect the ball and not turn it over via INTs or fumbles, I also expect him to use his legs to make plays more than Grossman did. He looked ok in preseason, ok enough to help us beat the Panthers but overall I don't expect him to be able to beat better teams down the stretch.

To look like Rex against the Giants...I thought Rex was barely better than him in the preseason...However, Rex is getting worse...hopefully, Beck does the opposite of Rex and gets better with each game

Exactly. Hopefully Beck can develop some sort of rhythm with the WRs along with a decent running game to point where the offense moves the ball with consistency which keeps Newton off the field as much as possible.

(1) a lot of passing to Helu in the flat, and some impressive YAC

(2) play action that stings the heck outta the linebackers and safeties

(3) passes spread out to at least 8 different Skins

(4) his post-game attire will develop a following like that of Sheldon Cooper from "Big Bang Theory"

I see the return of the deep ball in our offense. Armstrong should hopefully be healthy and active, and Beck has the arm to take advantage of a defense who will be testing us to see if we can go deep with him. The Panthers have undoubtedly been watching all the game tape of us not really hitting any bombs and will coach their safeties to cheat on the intermediate routes to Fred Davis and Gaffney. I think Beck can punish them for it with his arm and Armstrong with his speed.

I'm interested to see if Beck will checkdown as much as people think. Rex would hold onto the ball and wait for someone to break free. Sometimes it'd work, sometimes not. I think Beck will get the ball out of his hand if he feels pressure, but we've seen him buy time with feet and take shots. **** you Stallworth for that drop last week.

I think the offense opens up a bit with the added mobility of Beck.

My best guess is 18-30 290 1TD 1INT 3 sacks.

My expectation is less than 3 turnovers from the QB position, relatively quick decision making, and general awkwardness at times (like the fumble last week) from a guy who hasn't played a full football game in years.

NFL average production for a quarterback. Against the Panthers this year, the six-game average for NFL quarterbacks (opposing offenses) has been:

• 27.2 points per game
  • 99.8 QB passer rating
  • 1.3 passing TDs (minimum 1 passing TD)
  • 0.5 interceptions (no more than 1 INT or fumble)
  • 1.5 sacks (no more than 2 sacks)
  • 64.2% completion percentage
  • 27 attempts, 219 yards, 8.5 YPA
  • 9.3 first downs
  • 3 passing plays of 20+ yards

If Beck wants to demonstrate that he can be an NFL starter, the reasonble measure is NFL average performance.

NFL average production for a quarterback. Against the Panthers this year, the six-game average for NFL quarterbacks (opposing offenses) has been:

• 27.2 points per game
  • 99.8 QB passer rating
  • 9.3 first downs

If Beck wants to demonstrate that he can be an NFL starter, the reasonble measure is NFL average performance.

This is a good point! I believe the defense will give Beck chances to put the ball in the end zone much like it did with Grossman. We've pinned a lot of teams deep into their own territory all year and controlled the field position most games. If Beck can demonstrate that he is an NFL starter by taking advantage of what our special teams, and defense has been doing all year. There is no reason why we do not continue to win games.

The Panthers have given up a lot of yards and made average QB's look pretty good. So, if Beck doesn't at the very least look above average this week. Then I will begin to worry, but my gut is telling me that as of last week entering the 4th quarter of the Eagles game.... This is the look of the Redskins, and we are heading in the right direction with Rex on the bench.

NFL average production for a quarterback. Against the Panthers this year, the six-game average for NFL quarterbacks [[.....**not the authors original content, but for clarity sake the QBs forming the average include: Kevin Kolb, Aaron Rodgers, Blaine Gabbert, Jay Cutler, Drew Brees and Matt Ryan*.....]](opposing offenses) has been:

• 27.2 points per game
  • 99.8 QB passer rating
  • 9.3 first downs

The average against the Panthers is composed of mostly above average QBs.

But you already know that.

---------- Post added October-21st-2011 at 05:48 AM ----------

This is a good point!.......The Panthers have given up a lot of yards and made average QB's look pretty good. So, if Beck doesn't at the very least look above average this week. Then I will begin to worry, but my gut is telling me that as of last week entering the 4th quarter of the Eagles game.... This is the look of the Redskins, and we are heading in the right direction with Rex on the bench.

Don't fall for this BS.

ASF is only 'joking' around.

---------- Post added October-21st-2011 at 05:52 AM ----------

He should post the average for QBs making their 5th career start.

Then average those stats against the "NFL average" that fabricated determined for the Panthers

Considering our offense hasn't matched "NFL Average" against any opponent lately, if at all, I'd be surprised if Beck came close to that in his first start in the same offense with several key players no longer in the lineup. If he did though, then he's be a pretty major upgrade over Grossman.

Even if he doesn't and takes care of the football we'd still be in better shape. Can't get much worse than 4Ints and 0TD's. I mean risks are great but don't they also usually mean MORE TD's as well?

I expect Beck to chunk his 1st TD, look over to the bench, and give Rex the "L" symbol across his forehead.

Rex should be easy to find; Kyle will be holding his hand, as he will be having his own little 2-man pity party. Everyone knows when Beck scores his 1st TD the cameras will pan right over to Rex; I just hope he doesn't do something stupid...

• 27.2 points per game
  • 99.8 QB passer rating
  • 9.3 first downs

I wonder what the average was against the Rams and Eagles and how Rex stacked up to it? In Beck's game 1, I'll stick to what Rex said about himself this week, statistics don't matter and that he's played well regardless of what his stats indicate and its all about winning.

Edit: Should be interesting to see if Beck beats Rex's 66 QB rating, 32nd in the NFL. I expect he will, will see.

Archived