Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Jay Glazer: Carson Palmer trade to Raiders is "Close"

authentic

Not arguing that the Raiders gave up too much, but when you're 4-2 and have been playing well and have a realistic chance at the playoffs, what are you going to do? Start Kyle Boller?

I'd just offer the Bengals a 2nd rounder for Palmer. He can't be worth more than that and I'm sure that nobody else was trying to get him.

Looks like Al is still pulling the strings from beyond the grave.

The trade will truly decide who has the worst front office in the NFL. The Raiders are in the lead now because they actually came up with this asinine idea. If Mike Brown turns it down, it will be crowned the greatest asshat for not taking this deal and getting a first round pick for that has-been Palmer.

Edit: I see the trade trade happened. What a coup for the Bengals.

Looks like Al is still pulling the strings from beyond the grave.

The trade will truly decide who has the worst front office in the NFL. The Raiders are in the lead now because they actually came up with this asinine idea. If Mike Brown turns it down, it will be crowned the greatest asshat for not taking this deal and getting a first round pick for that has-been Palmer.

(pssst, he turned down this same offer for ochocinco)

anyone wanna bet that one of the conditions for getting a first rounder was that the raiders win the superbowl? there has to be something to allow the raider's management to feel better about get raped in this trade

but if he doesn't reach the incentive it's still a second round pick i'm pretty sure. so that's still a bad trade.

then of course if you're oakland you think a first round pick and a second round pick are the same thing because you're winning da super bowl da next two years!!!!!

---------- Post added October-18th-2011 at 03:09 PM ----------

What will they be getting in comp for losing Miller, Aso, and Robert Gallery?

comps start at the end of the third round and i'm pretty sure can't be traded. so it's still not that good.

but if he doesn't reach the incentive it's still a second round pick i'm pretty sure. so that's still a bad trade.

then of course if you're oakland you think a first round pick and a second round pick are the same thing because you're winning da super bowl da next two years!!!!!

yeah i know, this trade is stupid all around. i honestly feel bad for raiders fans and the hard working players on that team.

on the plus side, id love to see mcfadden and jacoby ford in the playoffs and the "ressurgence" of carson palmer would be an interesting story.

yeah i know, this trade is stupid all around. i honestly feel bad for raiders fans and the hard working players on that team.

on the plus side, id love to see mcfadden and jacoby ford in the playoffs and the "ressurgence" of carson palmer would be an interesting story.

if he gets to play the bengals in the playoff it will be the second most interesting game.

the most interesting is lions/49ers.

Ladies and Gentlemen, your Oakland Raiders 2012 Draft:

1st - to Cinci for Carson Palmer

2nd- to New England

3rd- Terrelle Pryor (supplemental)

4th- to Redskins for Jason Campbell

5th- TBD

6th- TBD

7th- To Seattle for Aaron Curry

For those keeping score, that's 3 draft picks in the 2012 draft being used towards QBs.

I'm glad we aren't in this situation 2 1st round picks for Carson Palmer? :yikes: I thought for sure they were going for Garrad, it might not have been such a bad idea to take a look at Orton either. Fortunately they have McFadden and so long as he stays healthy,everything is okay.

I'm glad we aren't in this situation 2 1st round picks for Carson Palmer? :yikes: I thought for sure they were going for Garrad, it might not have been such a bad idea to take a look at Orton either. Fortunately they have McFadden and so long as he stays healthy,everything is okay.

they did make a run at garrard, but he has a back injury.

I suppose Mike Brown isn't so dumb after all....

I don't know about that, but it doesn't change the perception of him as a cheapskate.

Is he going to want to pay FOUR first rounders over the next two years? (two from the Raiders and two the Beangles own)

I know the rookie contracts are capped now, but that is still a lot of green. Something Brown is not known for sharing freely. :)

It really annoys me how bitter so many skins fans are towards Jason Campbell. The guy wasn't a very firey leader. I'll grant you that. However, all he did while he was here was struggle through 5 different offensive systems in 6 seasons. NEWS FLASH... Jason is 12 and 9 since we dumped him. The redskins are 7 and 14 during the same period of time. If we had let someone else take Donovan off of philly's hands and kept Jason for at least one more season, we would have a 2nd and a 4th round draft pick to show for it. And perhaps... Shanny & Son could have landed their dream QB project with one of those picks. Well... because a terrible trade was executed for Donovan we'll never know what could have happened if the organization had been practical instead of trying to make a splash. A lot of you so-called football aficionados forget carson palmer couldn't complete a sentence his last 2 seasons in Cincinnati. I admire the raiders for aggressively going after the guy they wanted but don't be so quick to sentence jason to career back up status just yet. The raiders gave up way too much for post knee surgery carson palmer in my opinion. Two 1st round picks would be acceptable if they were getting pre knee surgery carson palmer in the prime of his career. The guy is at the end of his career. Its not like he's guarateed to tear up the league for the next 5 years. This trade makes the redskins trade for D-Mac look much better than it did yesterday. We can always count on the raiders to do something way more outrageous and stupid than what the skins would ever be willing to do but nobody can blame this one on Al Davis.

It really annoys me how bitter so many skins fans are towards Jason Campbell. The guy wasn't a very firey leader. I'll grant you that. However, all he did while he was here was struggle through 5 different offensive systems in 6 seasons. NEWS FLASH... Jason is 12 and 9 since we dumped him. The redskins are 7 and 14 during the same period of time. If we had let someone else take Donovan off of philly's hands and kept Jason for at least one more season, we would have a 2nd and a 4th round draft pick to show for it. And perhaps... Shanny & Son could have landed their dream QB project with one of those picks. Well... because a terrible trade was executed for Donovan we'll never know what could have happened if the organization had been practical instead of trying to make a splash. A lot of you so-called football aficionados forget carson palmer couldn't complete a sentence his last 2 seasons in Cincinnati. I admire the raiders for aggressively going after the guy they wanted but don't be so quick to sentence jason to career back up status just yet. The raiders gave up way too much for post knee surgery carson palmer in my opinion. Two 1st round picks would be acceptable if they were getting pre knee surgery carson palmer in the prime of his career. The guy is at the end of his career. Its not like he's guarateed to tear up the league for the next 5 years. This trade makes the redskins trade for D-Mac look much better than it did yesterday. We can always count on the raiders to do something way more outrageous and stupid than what the skins would ever be willing to do but nobody can blame this one on Al Davis.

You do realize Mike offered a chance for Jason to compete for the starting job

Archived