Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Jay Glazer: Carson Palmer trade to Raiders is "Close"

authentic

lol, I hope that 2nd pick was conditional on them making the like championship game or the superbowl. Either way that is the most retarded deal I've heard of in a long time. Nevermind the fact they've invested 3 picks in the 2012 draft in QB's.

The 2nd pick will be a first if the Raiders win a playoff game this year. A single game, that's all it would take. If they fail to win a playoff game it becomes a 2nd round pick in 2013.

Two firsts look a bit steep, but if Palmer has the sort of impact that they expect him to have it won't mean much in the long run. Looking at that division I could very well see the Raiders running the table for the next few years. They have a young talented team, and in the games they've lost they've largely beaten themselves.

I am definitely going to start pay more attention to those guys. Hue Jackson was a heck of a coach for Washington, would love to see him find headcoaching success with that team.

this is the dumbest trade ive seen. I was thinking at least the raiders wouldnt keep doing this nonsense now that al davis is gone... well I was wrong.

I would have offered a 3rd rounder at best. I watched some of the bengals games last year and carson palmer was awful. He was nowhere near where he used to be in ability. Why would anyone offer a 1st round pick for that. So dumb

this is the dumbest trade ive seen. I was thinking at least the raiders wouldnt keep doing this nonsense now that al davis is gone... well I was wrong.

I would have offered a 3rd rounder at best. I watched some of the bengals games last year and carson palmer was awful. He was nowhere near where he used to be in ability. Why would anyone offer a 1st round pick for that. So dumb

two first round picks.. lol.

i get why oakland did it, but its an "all in" type of gamble with very slim odds of winning the pot.

Yes, they got fleeced but it's understandable.. they've played so far, had no real depth at QB and are in position to fight for their division. What do you expect them to do? Pack it up and screw the season? Mike Brown would have let his but ride the bench this season for less and other available options were horrible.

I read a bunch of posts this morning and it was funny because most of extreme skins believe we should never spend more than a 6th round pick on anyone, all players we sign should be < 24 y/o and that there are more starting quarterbacks than stars in the sky and everyone is overrated. Honestly, given the new CBA paying big dollars for 29+ y/o's is the name of the game realistically because good rookies will sign extensions before their rookie deal is over in attempt to get to big money quicker and potential washed up 30 y/o's will be the norm.

The truth is, unless you're one of the lucky lucky few your drafted QBs fail the majority of the time unless you suck enough one year to get a 1st pick which increases the odds greater. Winning and spending more than you should on mediocre QBs is a way of NFL life.

-I love this trade for the Raiders. Oakland in 2009-2011 have 35 passing tds so far. Palmer alone in 2010 had 26.

-The Raiders have Darren McFadden to take the pressure off Palmer so he doesnt have to be the franchise and throw ints tryng to win games on his back.

-They gave up a 1st round pick in 2012 which wont be a top 15 pick so its not like they gave up a top 5 stud for Palmer.

-If the Raiders win a playoff game and are becoming contenders no one will care about the 2013 pick bc they are in the buisness of winning not collecting 1st rd picks and if they dont it will prob be a late 2nd rder in 2013 if the Raiders continue to improve in the 2012 season.

-Either way the Raiders didnt risk as much as it first looks like. Honestly its low risk high reward.

After seeing this trade I'm really upset that the Redskins could not get more than a couple of mid round picks for Campbell. Based on this we should have at least fleeced them for a 2nd round pick.
It's the Cowboys who should be kicking themselves for not shopping Romo sits to pee to the Raiders.

-I love this trade for the Raiders. Oakland in 2009-2011 have 35 passing tds so far. Palmer alone in 2010 had 26.

-The Raiders have Darren McFadden to take the pressure off Palmer so he doesnt have to be the franchise and throw ints tryng to win games on his back.

-They gave up a 1st round pick in 2012 which wont be a top 15 pick so its not like they gave up a top 5 stud for Palmer.

-If the Raiders win a playoff game and are becoming contenders no one will care about the 2013 pick bc they are in the buisness of winning not collecting 1st rd picks and if they dont it will prob be a late 2nd rder in 2013 if the Raiders continue to improve in the 2012 season.

-Either way the Raiders didnt risk as much as it first looks like. Honestly its low risk high reward.

That's great and all....if Palmer was still an elite performer. He's not. You threw out the 26 TDs but completely glossed over his 20 Interceptions. He just hasn't been the same QB since he blew out his knee. And I completely disagree with your attempt to say that 1st round picks after the top 5 aren't worth much.

Wow, what an awful trade from the Raiders perspective. Reeks of a team desperate to make the playoffs.

Really stupid to mortgage the near future, especially with a young, promising team.

Co-sign this, particularly the desperate part.

Carson Palmer for two first rounders is insane. Is Carson Palmer that much better than what they already have aka Kyle Boller? Perhaps slightly, if that. Really really dumb move.

and on the flip side. Didn't Vinny offer them two 1sts for Ochocinco, yet they turned that one down a few years ago. :ols:

At least they aren't so stubborn and angry with Carson Palmer to be dumb and not take the trade, just to try to prove a point. Christmas came early for the Bengals this year.

Al Davis dies and the Raiders actually get DUMBER!!!

Who knew that they hired Vinny over there?

It will probably turn into a 1st and a 2nd but if this trade is really what the Raiders expect it to be then they SHOULD win a playoff game and it SHOULD be 2 first rounders for a 32 year old QB who has been repeatedly injured and who hasn't practiced or played with a team for almost a year now.

Dumbest trade ever, but the Bengals are going to make out here.

---------- Post added October-18th-2011 at 11:29 AM ----------

I do wonder if Palmer can even pass a physical now, he's been on the couch all year chillin like Portis or worse since he planned to not play.

---------- Post added October-18th-2011 at 11:46 AM ----------

What pisses me off now that I think about it is this:

We sent a much younger and much less injury prone Jason Campbell to the same exact team for a 4th Rounder 2-3 years in the future.

Now the Bengals get possibly 2 first rounders for a very slow injury prone 32 year old QB who has never won a playoff game either? Palmer is better than JC, I'll admit that but look at the career numbers of both of them and they aren't really that far apart. Palmer was a mid tier guy behind a crap OL but he always had a couple good targets to get the ball to.

Look at the QB rating the past 4 years. Palmer has a 83, 82, 69, 82 over those years and JC has 84, 86, 84, 84. Of course JC isn't the same QB, he isn't going to win games throwing 3+ TD's but Palmer wasn't doing that either very often and threw at least 2x as many Int's in recent seasons.

I think this trade will blow up in their faces. Oakland has no Ocho Cinco and their OL probably isn't a lot better than what they had in Cinci.

Archived