Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now that we know who the Skins really are, we go from 3-2 to ????

88Comrade2000

I hate to say it but I kind of agree with PerryMason, why join a forum and bash your own team? I have been coming to ES for awhile now, just reading the posts and recently decided to create an account, but it is seriously depressing to see so many people on here talk crap about their own team. That's not to say we didn't play like crap, but their was some real positives today we can focus on. Its a long season, not even a third through the season and you guys are talking about throwing the season for the draft?!?!? seriously? you think Luck is going to make us 16 -0 within first two years?

Get real and be a true fan. That doesn't mean you have to throw realistic ideas out the door, but you have to believe, otherwise I dont think you deserve to wear the burgundy and gold.

The Redskins can still finish with a winning record. These are not the same ole Redskins. Other the way Grossman has been playing the past three games, I as disappointed in the defense. The team won't be able to win games unless the defense can limit the other team's rushing attack. They couldn't stop Lesean McCoy for nothing. The secondary looked much like last year's version, allowing receptions left and right. Today just wasn't the Redskins day today. I really thought that Mike Shanahan would make the QB change at halftime. But he waited too late in my estimation to yank Grossman for Beck.

The questions are now, does Mike Shanahan switch to Beck, and if so, will it really make a difference.

By the way, John Beck reminds me a lot of Babe Laughenberg.

It amazes me how many people on this board think that if we can draft a good quarterback we can set sail for the Super Bowl. Folks this offense is lacking way more than a quarterback. Lets see, Sam Bradford, was the prize everyone said was going to change the Rams. How is that working out for them? Cam Newton, first round pick, putting up numbers but is he producing wins. No. A high draft pick quarterback will not make this team division contenders. That is rarely the answer.

Bottom line is tha Kyle Shanny is not who we thought he was. He has been a big disappointments, and that's a fact jack!

We cannot and will NOT win unless we resolve our offensive woes. For any NFL team to win, they need to score 27 points consistently. And, we are lucky if we can score 20! Besides, games are won and lost on turnovers. We give up too many!

Agreed. And losing Kory Lickenstic something for the season will indeed make it more difficult but we shouldn't use that as an excuse. In general this offense is a bit inept. Cant score worth a dry fart.

@ Carolina Panthers

@ Buffalo Bills (Toronto)

San Franciso 49ers

@ Miami Dolphins

Dallas Cowboys

@ Seattle Seahawks

New York Jets

New England Patriots

@ New York Giants

Minnesota Vikings

@ Philadelphia Eagles

With that being said, I wont sit here and say we should win out the games, but I will give my vote to possible wins

@Carolina Panthers -W

@ Buffalo Bills (Toronto) - L

San Franciso 49ers -W

@ Miami Dolphins-W

Dallas Cowboys-W

@ Seattle Seahawks- Could be either, we do play like crap in Seatlle

New York Jets - L

New England Patriots - L

@ New York Giants - L

Minnesota Vikings - W

@ Philadelphia Eagles - W

Now my picks are in no way based on events that took place today, With the lose of two of our linemen and Cooleys hand injury, who knows where I will stand come Tuesday or Wednesday. But what separates me from the rest you, is for the time frame of the game, you can make sure I will BELIEVE that we will win that game.

I hate to say it but I kind of agree with PerryMason, why join a forum and bash your own team? I have been coming to ES for awhile now, just reading the posts and recently decided to create an account, but it is seriously depressing to see so many people on here talk crap about their own team. That's not to say we didn't play like crap, but their was some real positives today we can focus on. Its a long season, not even a third through the season and you guys are talking about throwing the season for the draft?!?!? seriously? you think Luck is going to make us 16 -0 within first two years?

Get real and be a true fan. That doesn't mean you have to throw realistic ideas out the door, but you have to believe, otherwise I dont think you deserve to wear the burgundy and gold.

Such bull man. Skins as a whole must demand more from themselves if they want to be a legit contender in the league. Had my fill of being the doormat for our division. The performance of the offense led by Grossman could have put a portable toilet in the middle of Fed-ex, take turns taking a crap and it wouldn't have been no different then what they gave us today. Against a 1-4 team which our Skins could only what produce less then 60 yards total in the running game? may be wrong on that stat.

I adore the burgundy and gold. I hold true allegiance to its history and colors. They let their fans down today unless its a fan who's used to losing like this. I will never be that fan dude.

Somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8. Still to many backups who are starting, and too many backups who should be in other lines of work. As the season wears on, our O-Line will suffer the most due to leaderships utter refusal to address the biggest problem unit on this team, time and again. No excuse for this, just plain arrogance.

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 08:31 PM ----------

Somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8. Still too many backups who are starting, and too many backups who should be in other lines of work. As the season wears on, our O-Line will suffer the most due to leaderships utter refusal to address the biggest problem unit on this team, time and again. No excuse for this, just plain arrogance.

Why? :doh: I hate this fanbase sometimes.

I'm gona' take a wild stab in the dark and say he's sick to the back teeth of all the good work from other areas of the team being continually undone by the most important person on it. And anything approaching .500 will keep us in that same, never ending cycle of mediocrity.

But ya' know, I could be wrong and he might like being consistently average too.

Hail.

It amazes me how many people on this board think that if we can draft a good quarterback we can set sail for the Super Bowl. Folks this offense is lacking way more than a quarterback. Lets see, Sam Bradford, was the prize everyone said was going to change the Rams. How is that working out for them? Cam Newton, first round pick, putting up numbers but is he producing wins. No. A high draft pick quarterback will not make this team division contenders. That is rarely the answer.

If we are being honest, if people want this team to be a legit contender in a year or two, Beck must work out. If we are left with no option but to draft a guy and start him pretty much from day one...

Shanahan better sign an extension because 5 years won't be enough to get this team to the Super Bowl.

While I do tend to try to be optimistic, a lot is riding on Beck now.

I moved here two years ago, and I know there is a longstanding heart throb with bad seasons, but to say that this performance somehow puts us back to the days of yesteryear is just confusing to me. How many players still exist on the roster now from even 5 years ago? c'mon, I get frustration, but I think you need to view this in a whole different perspective.

this team has just been put together, and they are still working with some new offensive plays, and everyone knows this VERY effective defense style is JUST being learned. Give it time to gel. Meanwhile, I think its very promising that even during a time with so much transition we're 3 and 2. Honestly, I place a large percentage of the blame on Rex Grossman. Week after week I've watched him HOLD the ball too long, then make stupid forced passes into tight coverage. Watched him TOTALLY not see a VERY wide open receiver. He's just an average QB, and that's not good enough here. Sure, there's been others who have made stupid plays along the way, but snap for snap, Grossman has put more bad plays in the books than anyone else on the roster. I think today was the sinking of a failing ship and although Beck is no superstar, his scrambling ability along with a more instant read of receivers should bring about some much more effective dynamics to the redskin's game.

As for the remaining part of the season, I'd be very careful about my predictions until I see John Beck and what he brings next week. I also want us to remember some key players on the Injured reserve which will be stepping back into the game light shortly. :) All in all though, please don't take such a BLEAK approach to the year just yet. WOW, I thought we LOVED Redskins? Yet we're eagerly ready to dump the whole year on one bad game.. My prediction is John Beck and company will make a much better Red Zone squad, and that's our weakest area right now. Let's wait and see a game where someone else under the center is getting the ball before we throw the towels in, shall we? :)

If we are being honest, if people want this team to be a legit contender in a year or two, Beck must work out. If we are left with no option but to draft a guy and start him pretty much from day one...

Shanahan better sign an extension because 5 years won't be enough to get this team to the Super Bowl.

While I do tend to try to be optimistic, a lot is riding on Beck now.

Not really. A franchise quarterback, a couple lineman an a stud receiver is all we need in my opinion. But hey opinions are like *******s right?

I get a kick out of threads like this. With Kory likely out for the year, and Trent injured (not sure how long he'll be out), we're in trouble. However, lets not forget last year we beat the Packers. The SB champs. There are going to be wins that we shouldn't have won, and losses that we shouldn't have lost. So to say there is no way we can beat one team, or that another team is an easy win, is ludicrous. It's easy to come in try to forecast what could happen. But, any of the stars from other teams could get hurt in practice or a game, and significantly reduce their chances of beating us. You never know what can happen.

Any rational fan knew who the Skins were seeing the decline in Offense in past weeks and that Philly has serious talent though turnovers killed them. Today the turnover battle killed us. Nothing to see here. Protect the ball, establish the run and give our D a rest and we can win any game.

9-7 and I think the pesimist that posted this is crazy for saying that Shanny is on the Hot Seat for 2012. Look at this game again. The team played poorly today and yet, still had a very good chance at winning this game. Too many mistakes, Losing too members of the starting line and Cooley in the 1st half and that crappy call against Vick and another REALLY bad call against Josh Wilson gave the Eagles automatic 1st Downs when they were about to come off the field. I think this team had some really bad breaks today and Rex Grossman gave away the game which won't happen every week if Grossman stays the starter. (Maybe Beck will be starting next week)

A catch that was batted up in the air then caught by Avant was pure luck and the catch by Celek was a great athletic move and great concentration from a ball that just happened to stay floating in the air it seems. I am not saying we are the cts meow and the team still needs alot of work on offense and we need Anthony Armstrong back, but this is not a sub .500 team.

It depends on the QB situation if Beck is the starter then I can see us winning two more games in a row. We will be 5-2 not a bad record at all. With that momentum we can maybe keep on winning we seen teams do it before. Now if RG is the Qb then all bets are off we will lose badly. Not all due to the fact Rex's play,but because this town has already written RG off. IF MS decides to let him continue to start we will snowball into losing. One reason why,teams will sense the tension between Rex,MS& KS,and the fans. Momentum will become very easy to steal when we play other teams. Every teams game plan when facing Wash is to "get into Rex's head" Fans will start booing, Media will go out of control with the QB situation causing a major distraction,we will implode as a team. Trust me ,we have seen this happen to us before.

To are Luck Gibbs isn't coaching anymore but MS is. What I mean is MS does not hesitate to pull anyone not doing there job.

We had a bad offensive day with injuries and a horrific Rex Grossman, and we lost by 7 points to the Eagles. The Eagles game planned pretty good today and used their strengths. Despite their record, everyone in the NFL knew they had the potential to win. Ladies and Gentlemen, pull the guns out of your mouths and don't give up just yet. At least wait until .500. Look at that last statement. We are not supposed to be anywhere near .500.

Actually, it is interesting to see how bipolar we all are from week to week. We beat the Giants in week 1 and we are going to dominate. There is actual playoff talk floating around until the Dallas loss. Actually halfway through the Cardinals game, I think some were calling for Kyle's head. We beat the Rams, and everyone jumps the gun on dominating the NFCE. We lose today, and we are the same ole Skins. Let's just take it one game at a time.

I don't see why Shanny would be on the hot seat, this team was supposed to win 3 games this year, and we should surpass that. There were no good QB's this year besides Cam, so we passed to get one this year (hopefully) and build the rest of the team so that he can come an be effective.

After this loss and the way the lost, that remaining schedule looks outright scary. They could easily lose to anybody or everybody. There are so many issues, particularly on offense that are going to be major issues for this team as the season wears on. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst as I do before each of the games.

We always drop a game against a really bad team, so look out for us to lose against carolina or miami, but I think 7-9 to 9-7 is a reasonable forecast. More than bad qb play, if we're going to miss two starters on our o-line then we are going to be screwed. JB moving to LT is a VERY scary thought to me. That guy was awful against Ware and he only played against him a few snaps. The one bright side is we don't face a lot of elite pass rushers on our schedule, but when we do it is going to be ugly. Davis, our best receiver this season imo, is going to be blocking most of the game with Williams out.

...Get real and be a true fan. That doesn't mean you have to throw realistic ideas out the door, but you have to believe, otherwise I dont think you deserve to wear the burgundy and gold.
You are confusing hopes with expectations. A true fan always hopes for the best, but his expectations will vary.

My expectations are somewhat higher now than they were before the loss to the Eagles. I think Beck, assuming the move is made, will be harder to defend than Grossman.

I took a look at the schedule and I think 7-9 as well. I know lots of people (maybe me? I'm not even sure at this point) would "love" the team to tank and get Andrew Luck. That could be good in the LOONNGGG term (like 5+ years) but for the next 4 seasons or so its important for Shanahan to try to win as many games as he can to provide this team (all of the young rookies and the Defense) an atmosphere better than the past. The whole "winning" culture thing is important, so I think going 7-9 or 8-8 or whatever it may be this year and winding up with a QB like Barkley, Landry Jones, Tannehill, or Robert Griffin III, could be just as good or possibly better for the team as a whole than tanking this year.

Archived