Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now that we know who the Skins really are, we go from 3-2 to ????

88Comrade2000

You are confusing hopes with expectations. A true fan always hopes for the best, but his expectations will vary.

My expectations are somewhat higher now than they were before the loss to the Eagles. I think Beck, assuming the move is made, will be harder to defend than Grossman.

considering that our D was good enough to keep the Eagles to 20 after adjusting for their speed and AFTER 4 INTs by our esteem QB, I say for me at least the future is still bright. As of right now I just want Beck to play and just manage the damn game, make a few plays with his legs, make a few plays with his arm, get our receivers to catch the ball when they should and we will be ok. I am sorry i just don't see what the Panthers bring more than us or the Bills. The Bills barely beat the Eagles after the Eagles handed them all those turnovers and yesterday Cam looked like the rookie he really is. I think our rush and D will make him look this way again.

I have a couple of differences from your predictions:

Dallas Cowboys: W- Dallas is starting to come around - impressive showing vs NE in Foxboro, but we take this one at home: 6-4

@ Seattle Seahawks: W- The Seahawks are just bad: 7-4

New York Jets: L - Their defense will be too much for our battered o-line. 7-5

That would leave us at 9-7, and once again looking up at the rest of the division.

I guess this is the "official" overreaction thread?!?

I mean really, 4-12?? C'mon people, this is the NFL. Teams lose games to other decent teams, and to not so decent teams on a week to week basis. The Bucs get beat by almost 50 one week, then turn around and beat the Saints the next. This is why fans hear the mind numbing cliche: "Take it one game at a time." Sure this was a game the Skins could have won, but they didn't. I choose to look at the fact that the team did not give up, played with heart, and tried to make the outcome interesting till the end. This is now your Washington Redskins.

This team is going to win some games they should not, and lose some games they should win. The 2011 Redskins are not a juggernaut by any means, but I still believe that they are progressing on a very positive track for the future. As for the OP and predicting how many more games they'll win, I have no idea. But, if they continue to play with heart, and a never say die attitude, I will be smiling at season's end.

BTW, I predicted 8-8 at seasons start.

I guess this is the "official" overreaction thread?!?

I mean really, 4-12?? C'mon people, this is the NFL. Teams lose games to other decent teams, and to not so decent teams on a week to week basis. The Bucs get beat by almost 50 one week, then turn around and beat the Saints the next. This is why fans hear the mind numbing cliche: "Take it one game at a time." Sure this was a game the Skins could have won, but they didn't. I choose to look at the fact that the team did not give up, played with heart, and tried to make the outcome interesting till the end. This is now your Washington Redskins.

This team is going to win some games they should not, and lose some games they should win. The 2011 Redskins are not a juggernaut by any means, but I still believe that they are progressing on a very positive track for the future. As for the OP and predicting how many more games they'll win, I have no idea. But, if they continue to play with heart, and a never say die attitude, I will be smiling at season's end.

BTW, I predicted 8-8 at seasons start.

We have been getting worse each week. 4-12 is a real possibility. There is no way we end up 7-9/8-8 with no QB, one offensive weapon, and critical injuries to an oline with no depth. Seriously, some of you are choosing to project above average to a team that has holes almost everywhere. QB, RB, Oline, WR, CB,

The media that jumped on our bandwagon often cited an easy schedule... I think ten wins is totally doable. We won't blow anyone out, we won't get blown out. We will win some and lose some. Five home games left, win four and make Fed Ex a tough place for opponents to visit again.

The Eagles game was a tough time to catch them. They had to have it or their season was over. Same with the Dallas game really. We had chances to win both those games. Be negative if you want, but I for one believe this team has made a cultural shift and can be competitive in this NFC East this year. Hail.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 06:05 AM ----------

We have been getting worse each week. 4-12 is a real possibility. There is no way we end up 7-9/8-8 with no QB, one offensive weapon, and critical injuries to an oline with no depth. Seriously, some of you are choosing to project above average to a team that has holes almost everywhere. QB, RB, Oline, WR, CB,

Come on... one bad game running the football and suddenly it is a need area. Shanny doesn't need a star, he needs capable. The Skins have three decent backs, hardly a position with holes dude.

The media that jumped on our bandwagon often cited an easy schedule... I think ten wins is totally doable. We won't blow anyone out, we won't get blown out. We will win some and lose some. Five home games left, win four and make Fed Ex a tough place for opponents to visit again.

The Eagles game was a tough time to catch them. They had to have it or their season was over. Same with the Dallas game really. We had chances to win both those games. Be negative if you want, but I for one believe this team has made a cultural shift and can be competitive in this NFC East this year. Hail.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 06:05 AM ----------

Come on... one bad game running the football and suddenly it is a need area. Shanny doesn't need a star, he needs capable. The Skins have three decent backs, hardly a position with holes dude.

One bad game? Short term memory loss? we played bad against AZ and STL we let Dallas beat us with 6 turnovers and 6 field goals. Our record is deceiving. We have no talent on offense outside of 83 and the oline injuries with no depth will make it hard to compete from here on out. Helu may come around but he looks slow as hell, Torain needs the oline to be above average to produce, and Tim is already hurt. I will check in with you next week after Cam throws 450 yds on our sorry secondary.

Hail!

This is ridiculous.

First, the Redskins are a 6-10 team coming into the season without a bona-fide QB on the roster.

In the past they can't beat the giants. Done. Dominated.

In the past they can't pull off wins in the final minute.. against the Cards- done. Not only hit the big long FG to win, but caused a turnover to finish.

The Rams were dominated. Period.

We lost to the Cowboys at their place in the final seconds. It's not like that never happens.

And we lost to a team that a whole hell of a lot of people pick to win the friggin' Super Bowl.

Oh, they're 1-4! That means there's no talent out there?

They're a very talented well coached team with their backs up against the wall.

The Redskins gave up 17 points in the first quarter, and 3 for the rest of the day.

The offense is shaky, but in looking at our QBs coming in, who really expected more? It's the most important position on the field, and we have agruably the worst group of QBs in the NFL.

The defense is excellent, creating turnovers, putting the offense in position to win games.

What is safe to say that we're not getting any worse than maybe we should be against Philly, but the perceptions of the fans in this town certainly aren't getting any better.

~Bang

You are confusing hopes with expectations. A true fan always hopes for the best, but his expectations will vary.

My expectations are somewhat higher now than they were before the loss to the Eagles. I think Beck, assuming the move is made, will be harder to defend than Grossman.

I like things with Beck better too. But losing both Kory and Trent, ouch. It's not just about them being arguably their 2 best lineman this year but it also happens to be IMO the one main position where we have little depth.

This is ridiculous.

First, the Redskins are a 6-10 team coming into the season without a bona-fide QB on the roster.

In the past they can't beat the giants. Done.

In the past they can't pull off wins in the final minute.. against the Cards- done.

The Rams were dominated. Period.

we lost to the Cowboys at their place. It's not like that never happens.

nd we lost to a team that a whole hell of a lot of people pick to win the friggin' Super Bowl.

The offense is shaky, but in looking at our QBs coming in, who really expected more? It's the most important position on the field, and we have agruably the worst group of QBs in the NFL.

The defense is excellent, creating turnovers, putting the offense in position to win games.

What is safe to say that we're not getting any worse than maybe we should be against Philly, but the perceptions of the fans in this town certainly aren't getting any better.

~Bang

Bang, I usually see eye to eye with you but no brother you got it wrong now. Oline injuries with no depth just took away our one strength on offense. We made the Eagles banged up D look great yesterday. We have nobody besides 83 & 89 to throw to. You know how easy its going to be to stop our offense moving forward. We made the STL game look tough. They're 0-5. We did the same thing with AZ in our place. The facts are in front of you.

The offense is shaky? 13 points (sucks)

The Cowboys had 6 turnovers

Now we lost to a team that allot of people think will win the super bowl? Nobody thought that heading into yesterday. We made a case for them again.

4-12/5-11 is a real possibility

Anything can happen depending on how well our defense plays. The Niners are offensively challenged. Buffalo, Seattle, Giants, Miami, Minnesota, Philly, Jets, are all winnable or loseable games. If Beck can energize the offense then you will see a much improved team. It's way too early to say certain teams will definitely beat us. The NFL is a week to week league.

Jeez, calm down with this "we're done cause we have zero OL depth." Every team, and I DO mean every, has injuries, and NO, we are not running out stiffs as backups. Sean Locklear has started a number of games in this league, and Eric Cook played solidly in his stint today. Let them get some practice together, and they'll be okay. They may not be dominant, but Trent will be back in a few weeks.

I mean, I think some of you people would complain about having "too much" sex with Megan Fox!

Agree with Bang, the voice of reason and moderation, as always.

But I also think that skins fever has a good point.

My expectations fir the Skins are being revised downward. But it's not because of some Chicken Little belief of "we stink, we've always stunk, and this game just revealed The Truth".

It's because "we just took multiple injuries in a position where we knew coming in that we didn't have any depth".

I'm revising my cautiously optimistic expectations, not because we lost the game, but because of the injuries.

Ya know, after look at this, we actually could still have a great season. We can beat the Panthers and Bills, MAYBE 49ers....Miami - we will get revenge on cowboys and be either 8-2 or 7-3 then Seattle whom we should beat is 9-2 or 8-3. And then i say we beat the Jets at home and the Vikings at home. 11-5 or 10-6 depending on 49ers game. And if we pick up another unexpected game then 11-5 is still possible

i dont care who you are ,thats funny right there,,,,7 wins 9 losses at best

Seriously....

We still don't really know who the Skins are. We could have beaten the Eagles. If it wasn't for that roughing the passer (which could have been a safety for intentional grounding in the endzone) the game would have looked much differently. The running game just couldn't get going, especially getting behind. Rex killed us though. The one thing we know is that the D is legit and will keep us in almost every game. We are still an 8-8 team that could end up anywhere between 6-10 and 10-6 depending on how the wind blows.

The injuries to Kory, Trent and Cooley are far more damaging than just losing to the Eagles, which was always a distinct possibility. If we'd beaten the Eagles I would still think we're in trouble until Trent gets back. If we reach 8-8 I'd be happy now.

You assume that the franchise QB delivers right away. No guarantee that happens, in fact it's highly unlikely.

I agree, no guarantees on that but with the other peices in place, Oline, Wr, Te, offensive system/philosophy, And a young stud defense to go along with that said rookie QB's chance of succeeding goes up as well. True it would probably take a rookie QB a year or two to get where we need theoretically but these things take time, there is almost never instant gratification in the NFL.

@ Carolina Panthers: W - Whomever the started is here, I feel we are just a better team. 4-2

@ Buffalo Bills: L - We haven't beaten this team in a long time. 4-3

San Franciso 49ers: W - West coast team coming East, Alex Smith will wake up soon this season. 5-3

@ Miami Dolphins: W - Feel we are just better. 6-3

Dallas Cowboys: W - I haven't been impressed by this team all year. 7-3

@ Seattle Seahawks: W - Don't care if we struggle there, our D will carry us. 8-3

New York Jets: L - It will be a big game for both teams because of their potential records at the time, we always play bad in big games. 8-4

New England Patriots: L - Brady is just too much. 8-5

@ New York Giants: L - I can't remember the last time we won in NY. 8-6

Minnesota Vikings:W - this team will be in bad shape by this time of year. 9-6

@ Philadelphia Eagles: W- we always split with the Eagles. 10-6

I know I'm optomistic, but I should be, I'm a fan. (Short for Fan-atic)

Everyone is pissed off around here because we lost, I am too, but we lost by a TD to a very good team. IMO yesterdays game could have been a lot worse if our team wasn't solid. We can compete with any of these teams coming up, look what Dallas did yesterday in NE. Let's quit crying about things we can't change and start cheering for our team no matter what.. 10-6! Playoffs!!

:beavisnbutthead:

Hail

:beavisnbutthead:

Archived