Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Maryland Football

worldpost

C....L....E...M...S....O.........NNNNN!

Go Tigers!

Maryland should of never fired Freidgen, that move will haunt the Terps for the next 5 years IMO.

CJ was great tonight but I think when film is on him he will digress because he's not good enough of a passer to keep Defenses honest. His max accuracy range is 10-15 yds max.

Great game to watch though and great win by my Tigers! 7-0!

C....L....E...M...S....UX!

Go ****s!

It does look like firing Freidgen was probably not the best move.

Playing that sloppy aint gonna cut it when you roll in to Williams-Brice Nov 26th. Honestly I hope ya'll win out until then, as a crushing win by the Game****s will be all the more sweeter!

Hahaha, I didn't know there were any Game****s on here. I do hope you guys continue to win as well but tough tough loss with Lattimore. Knee sprain is no joke especially this late in the season. I don't see you guys winning more than 2 games the rest of the way if he isn't 100%

We did look sloppy, Boyd sometimes has started very slow and tonight was one of those slow nights. When he gets rolling though there is no stopping the offense, the defense on the other hand is simply an average group that can sometimes put together a good game if the offense is predictable (see VT). One thing that scares me is that we're terrible against misdirection/option offenses. We should handle UNC fairly well, then we'll struggle again with GT if they're able to keep us honest passing wise, we will struggle against Wake then crush the new look (no garcia, hobbled Lattimore) Game****s!

Maryland should of never fired Freidgen, that move will haunt the Terps for the next 5 years IMO.

CJ was great tonight but I think when film is on him he will digress because he's not good enough of a passer to keep Defenses honest. His max accuracy range is 10-15 yds max.

Great game to watch though and great win by my Tigers! 7-0!

I was thinking this. Unlike in the Riggleman situation. Friedgen seems to be the big winner so far.

This is what comes from inflexablity. The 'Fridge had a terrible year two years ago, but last year was great. Johnson took a risk firing him after a "great" year when he had no one better available. He had made up his mind beforehand and then wound up getting a guy who was below Friedgen's level (reputation wise). The team has suffered for it.

what i also see in the next few years from UMD is that no athlete coming out of the draft will not be fundamentally sound. Thats what Fridegen did with his players. You have not liked the results from the program, but players knew that if you came to UMD he would get you ready for the NFL. I am not sure if that is going to happen anymore.

I've said time and time again it was a horrible decision to hire him because he was no improvement over Friedgen. I mean, this is the guy you let go of a great coach for? You're going to alienate him (he was on radio on a Baltimore station and said he basically burned his Terps degree, that he was a GT man now), a legendary coach who actually brought you back to football relevance, for this guy? Come on.

I was going to keep quiet about my dislike of Edsall, at least until I heard MD blew it. It was just a horrible coaching hire. You can hire Turgeon, and I'm happy about that, because Turgeon at least has seen some success. UConn was irrelevant before a hot year in football last year.

The most appropriate hire would have been to A) maintain the Fridge or B) hire Mike Leach. But the administration didn't want to do either, and they chose to hire some mediocre head coach. If you're willing to do that, you will get mediocre results.

One thing, though, is O'Brien done? Because Brown had 3 TD's last night.

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 07:51 AM ----------

Oh, and also any time you lose to Temple, your job is on the line

I don't care if it's his first year

How do you lose to Temple :ols:

Ok. You guys need to have a reality check. While I agree that Edsall wasn't the best hire out there, I think you need to give the guy more than 6 games. Were some of you Skins fans calling for Shanny's head after 6 games last year?

Freidgen had worn out his welcome. The team was stale. Save for a couple of good bowl seasons, they really hadn't done anything the last few years. His recruiting has been good and this is what Edsall was left with. We do have some talent, but let's give him a couple of years to recruit before we chop off his head. Football is alot harder to recruit than basketball because you are trying to fill out a roster of 100 guys and not 15.

While I'm not happy at 2-4, I see alot of talent on offense. He really needs to recruit defense, because we've sucked there for many years, save for a few good linebackers and cornerbacks that have made it to the NFL.

We have to give him more than a half a season. And it sucks to lose to a team like Temple, but they've improved over the years and took Penn State to the wire before they played us. We've faced 2 ranked teams in consecutive weeks and have not lost by much, so the talent is there. He needs to build on it.

Ok. You guys need to have a reality check. While I agree that Edsall wasn't the best hire out there, I think you need to give the guy more than 6 games. Were some of you Skins fans calling for Shanny's head after 6 games last year?

Freidgen had worn out his welcome. The team was stale. Save for a couple of good bowl seasons, they really hadn't done anything the last few years. His recruiting has been good and this is what Edsall was left with. We do have some talent, but let's give him a couple of years to recruit before we chop off his head.

Recruiting is where I question Edsall the most.....that and the fact that he has a 1-18 record against ranked teams. :doh:

Recruiting is where I question Edsall the most.....that and the fact that he has a 1-18 record against ranked teams. :doh:

Well we all know Friedgen couldn't recruit.

At the end of the day, anyone thinking MD can be a football powerhouse and recruit top talent is fooling themselves.

Anyone at Maryland may feel like the Fridge's program was stale but seriously, Maryland is not a football school and before Fridge they were nothing worth fearing and it was merely a stepping stone if any coach would have success there. Ralph was a Maryland Alum and a really good offensive mind, Maryland took a dump on him by excusing him how they did. Whether or not Edsall can recruit, would you as a player really want to go there? If so why? they may fire the coach you're going there for, hell they fired the Coach of the year one year after he won the award......they fired perhaps the most loyal coach Maryland has ever had in football.

As someone else mentioned if you were going to do that at Maryland you need to step forward not laterally or arguably backwards with Edsall. You go and get someone with a name like Leach, Rodriguez (arguable there), someone that would strike fear into other teams. A move like firing the Fridge and hiring Edsall is like firing Amato and hiring O'Brien, firing Butch Davis and hiring ....whomever is coaching there now. That move sets programs back typically, we'll wait and see what happens here.

Archived