Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPInsider: Redskins injury report: Hall questionable; Cooley expecting to play(M.E.T.)

richmond_skins

"The Washington Redskins listed cornerback DeAngelo Hall as questionable for Sunday’s game because of a knee injury that limited him in practice on Friday.

Hall joined running back Tim Hightower (shoulder), tight end Chris Cooley (knee), receiver Anthony Armstrong (hamstring) and cornerback Phillip Buchanon (neck) as players listed as questionable for Washington’s game against Philadelphia."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-injury-report-hall-questionable-cooley-expecting-to-play/2011/10/14/gIQAxfZPkL_blog.html

...I will just go ahead and prepare for the shell shock feeling I had last year. That game was so brutal to be at, I just can't see any db on our team outside of DHall who will be able to contain both avant and jackson(depending on where they line up).

Edit: no **** it the eagles still suck. give me the skins by 14...book it!

To be honest with you guys...the CBs aren't the key here. If Vick has time to scramble around and throw down the field, we're in trouble whether it's Hall, Barnes, Wilson, Buchanon, or Westbrook covering. On the flip side, if Vick is hurried and has to check down or throw off balance/too quickly, any of those guys are good enough to make plays on the ball.

Pass rush and getting Vick to the ground will decide this game, not the specific CB who happens to be in the area.

To be honest with you guys...the CBs aren't the key here. If Vick has time to scramble around and throw down the field, we're in trouble whether it's Hall, Barnes, Wilson, Buchanon, or Westbrook covering. On the flip side, if Vick is hurried and has to check down or throw off balance/too quickly, any of those guys are good enough to make plays on the ball.

Pass rush and getting Vick to the ground will decide this game, not the specific CB who happens to be in the area.

While I do agree with you in this sense that a good to great pass rush always makes a cb look better, it would be foolish to think going into the game without your best CB doesn't hurt you when they go vertical. I'd be much more comfortable going in with Hall, wilson, and buchanon/barnes/westbrooke as my nickel cbs....not one of the three as the starting back.

While I do agree with you in this sense that a good to great pass rush always makes a cb look better, it would be foolish to think going into the game without your best CB doesn't hurt you when they go vertical. I'd be much more comfortable going in with Hall, wilson, and buchanon/barnes/westbrooke as my nickel cbs....not one of the three as the starting back.

You could (pretty easily) make the argument that Hall is our best ball-hawking corner but not our best coverage corner. So, not having Hall might cost us an opportunity at a couple INTs before it would cost us great defense on a go-route, in my opinion.

And I'm certainly not saying I don't want him to play, just that I don't see this as being the reason we lose the game.

You could (pretty easily) make the argument that Hall is our best ball-hawking corner but not our best coverage corner. So, not having Hall might cost us an opportunity at a couple INTs before it would cost us great defense on a go-route, in my opinion.

And I'm certainly not saying I don't want him to play, just that I don't see this as being the reason we lose the game.

If we cant contain vick, hes going deep off the roll out and hall will be the victim. That is a huge factor in this game.

If we cant contain vick, hes going deep off the roll out and hall will be the victim. That is a huge factor in this game.

Why? Barnes or Buchanon can cover just as good as Hall.

They can't ball hawk like him, which is what we will miss, but they can cover just as good. Hall is an average cover corner with very good ball hawking ability.

While we now MAY get 1 less turnover, I wouldnt say the factor is HUGE.

we will just have to agree to disagree...

I don't think we have very much depth at CB(and yes that is with hall included), maybe I'm just a pessimist but I don't feel like Barnes or Westbrook will be able to hack it for a whole game. I haven't seen anything to really change my opinion on either of them. This is a position that sorely needs addressing next year IMHO. Probably the second biggest weakness on the team.

With that said...prove me wrong on Sunday fellas :point2sky

Going to have to agree with you here. With both OT's out and a possible 3rd stringer playing the Eagles are going to have their hands full with the Skins pass rush. There's no way around that. Second and third string OT's and a revamped middle isn't going to cut it this year!

Why? Barnes or Buchanon can cover just as good as Hall.

They can't ball hawk like him, which is what we will miss, but they can cover just as good. Hall is an average cover corner with very good ball hawking ability.

While we now MAY get 1 less turnover, I wouldnt say the factor is HUGE.

The last time that we played a quarterback who was half as bad as Vick at turning the ball over, Hall tied an NFL record for interceptions.

This injury was a punch in the gut.

:doh:

Once again...

HALL DIDN'T GET BEAT. HE HAD THE UNDERNEATH ZONE ON THAT PLAY. LANDRY WAS CAUGHT FLAT-FOOTED WHICH IS WHY JACKSON BEAT HIM.

Don't you hate people who don't even watch the Redskins and comment? It doesn't take rocket science to see Hall was in zone coverage and Landry blew it. Even if they just watch the NFL.com highlights if they don't watch the games they can still get it right.

Archived