Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Various Skins offensive and defensive stats to bore yourself with (only listing stats in the top 10)

Offense:

Rushing yards per game - 8th

Time of possession - 2nd

Fewest sacks allowed - 10th

Rushing play percentage - 7th

Rushing yards percentage - 8th

(for the record, the Skins are ranked 26th in terms of passing play percentage)

1st Half Time of Possession Share % - 3rd

2nd Half Time of Possession Share % - 8th

Defense:

Yards per game - 6th

Yards per play - 7th

Sacks - 4th

Defensive sack percentage - 2nd

Sacks per game - 1st

Forced Fumbles - 1st

Points per play allowed - 3rd

3rd down percentage - 1st

1st downs/game allowed - 3rd

Opposing QB rating allowed - 3rd

Passing TDs allowed - 1st

Passing yds/game - 8th

Passing yds/attempt - 6th

Completion % allowed - 5th

Passes of 20+ yards - 10th

Rushing yds/game - 5th

Rushing TDs allowed - 9th

Points allowed per game - 3rd

Red zone scoring attempts/game - 7th

Red zone scoring percentage - 4th

(on the flip side of that coin, the Eagles' defense is dead last in red zone scoring percentage allowed)

Opp 2nd Quarter Points/Game - 2nd

Opp 3rd Quarter Points/Game - 5th

Opp 1st half Points/Game - 4th

Opp 2nd half Points/Game - 7th

Misc. stats:

Average scoring margin - 9th

Fewest penalties - 1st

Fewest penalty yards - 1st

This is an indication of the consistency that was noted from the onset and has played out from Pre-Season to now. This team is the one that is going to do exactly what it does and not venture off the game plan for more than taking a shot on offense or defense. It's the resurgence of a defense that has the main ingredients that it's been lacking and tastes much better to all the players, coaches, and fans of the 2011 Redskins. This team isn't something that's special right now. This is a consistent and disciplined MS football club that is executing and attempting to avoid mistakes consistently. If you can be disciplined and avoid cutting your own throat then you can stay in ball games and win the close ones more than loose them. I don't think that they've done anything more than they expected to do at this point. Nor will they change anything and expect a surge to over achievement.

Good hard core fundamentals and discipline are going to be the staple of this team for the year. As they gel even more and get better with the little things, this is the type of team that can be very scary down the road. They will get better.

Agreed Shredder, and that's what we needed most at this stage, consistency and discipline. You have to do it right before you can do it better, and that involves doing it right over and over again. If Shanny & Co. can give me one thing this year, it would be not to let us be embarrassed, win or lose you stay in the game and make the (fill in the blank)'s actually beat us, and not just hang around until we self-destruct.

I'd say those look like some decent stats Cali, especially considering we had our bye and others had a chance to catch up.

Always fun to look at some of this stuff. The one that stands out most is Time of Posession. This is the first time in my memory that I remember the running game being effective at the end of the game, mostly due to how long we are keeping the defense on the field up to that point. We have dominated ToP in all of our wins so far, and the trend is easy to spot.

Defense!!! Bringing back the good ol' days of power football. Defense is owning. Imagine if we just had a large, possession WR/deep threat besides Anthony Armstrong, or a guy that doesnt just fall and protect after the catch, we'd be unstoppable. Right now teams are stacking the box for that simple reason.

I really wish that red zone scoring stat were actually TDs instead of FGs.

I really only pay attention to the "per game" stats at this point in the season. Nice "per play/game" stats, only way to really tell how the team is doing now that we've had a bye.

Wow..... Some very good stats there!

- Sacks per game - 1st

- Fewest penalties - 1st

- Fewest penalty yards - 1st ....... Hope we can keep this up, has this team finally stopped shooting themselves in the foot, we have been great at that in the past

I agree. Thats the sign of a well coached disciplined team.

The team is doing well is some important categories:

Penalties

Time of possession

Third down D

Red zone D

It's been a long time since we have seen this.

:helmet: The Rook

Very important stats that matter right there. Hopefully we can get some O rolling a little more otherwise this could be one of those recent teams we've seen before.

I really wish that red zone scoring stat were actually TDs instead of FGs.

That was for the Skins' defense...they were talking about which defenses have allowed the lowest red zone scoring percentages...and the Skins are 4th in the league. Plus, the Skins' defense is doing really well at keeping opponents out of the red zone to begin with.

The only, and I mean ONLY reason the 'Skins are not absolutely crushing and dominating teams is turnovers. And specifically, turnovers by the QB.

I can live with Grossman's inconsistencies, and limitations. If he would just do everything he is doing and just not fumble or throw interceptions, we'd average 4-6 more points per game at least.

In fact, in the midst of all of the consistency, the Grossman has also been consistent. He's been consistently inconsistent. :)

I can't freaking wait to see what Mike and Bruce do with a team filled with talent and depth after another two drafts.

The stats show that we play a disciplined game right now. Players have specific roles and everyone understands the system. We have a coach who takes no **** (from players or the media) and a GM who is respected by agents and players. It is beautiful.

We still lack talent and depth in key areas, but that will come. That takes time. The new no nonsense culture and system are in place and that is the most important thing.

I may be mistaken but I believe we also lead the league in Forced Fumbles, although its insanely depressing that we've forced 14 fumbles and only recovered 3. Unless I'm reading this wrong:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2011&seasonType=REG&role=OPP&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&conference=ALL&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&d-447263-s=FUMBLES_TOTAL

I may be mistaken but I believe we also lead the league in Forced Fumbles, although its insanely depressing that we've forced 14 fumbles and only recovered 3. Unless I'm reading this wrong:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2011&seasonType=REG&role=OPP&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&conference=ALL&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&d-447263-s=FUMBLES_TOTAL

Nope, you're right...I'll add it in :yes:

Archived