Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please tell me who's in the wrong?

DaRock

"Me and my lady are having this argument and I need some insight on this as we are at a crossroad of me not thinking I'm wrong and her not thinking she's wrong"

I stopped reading here.

You're wrong. In fact. Even if you are right, that might make you even MORE wrong, and therefor more at risk.

Just go ahead and apologize now and promise not to let it happen again.

Sounds like a petty argument. But she wins the petty-idiot, potential darwin award recipient. Why is she not wearing a seat belt? Is she going to be an idiot like this when your married and like, not strap your kid in, or worse, buckle an infant into the front seat? She doesn't sound too bright to me.

I mean, I'm sorry to trash her. And I'm sure you're not perfect either, none of us are. But really, put your ****ing seatbelt on people!

Those beeping noises on the other end sound like hell and they are magnified to the person you are talking to. For example if you are on the phone with someone who gets in their car and puts the key in the ignition, you get the beeping sound. That sounds like hell on the other end and it hurts the ears. I usually will have to pull the phone away from my ear.

I was hoping that, by the time I got to the fourth page of this thread you would have realized that you were wrong to argue, had apologized, and that this would all be in the past. it does not matter if you think you are right, or whether or not you actually are. you cannot win this arguement. and it will not matter if you were to end up with a new girlfriend. You have to get over ever thinking that you are right. you never will be.

Why doesn't she simply put on the seat belt? It's probably the law where she lives, and it's just common sense, too, when you're driving to wear one. Plus, since the beeping is hurting your ears, it seems like the cool thing for her to do.

She's being obnoxious, IMO, and a bit of a nitwit over the matter.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so it's been awhile and I wanted to first, say thank you to all the responses as I knew that I could count on Extremeskins to give me every opinion and every angle as there were some that were hilarious, insightful and some that were just disturbing, lol.

Well, to clear up the confusion...I told her to turn down her radio first, then I said put your seat belt on as I had heard the beeping which was from her just getting into the car and I knew it would do it again if she didn't put her seat belt on. So, she got angry, thinking I was on some type of power trip saying "turn your radio down, put on your seat belt", lol and hung up. So I called her back and she had told me that she had turned it down and she was talking about the radio, not the seat belt beeping, which like everyone else here, how is that even possible? So, that was part of the confusion with the "turned it down" issue. As for the seat belt, she has been wearing it within the last few months as she finally took me into consideration and started wearing, but also I would tell her to wear it so many times, regardless if she was talking to me on the phone and finally, she has been.

For those who noted that there are some red flags in this relationship with her, I am well aware of them and you are exactly right. I am contemplating a further future together as our careers and families are in separate states and with some other red flags that I have noticed, it's in limbo. I sort of feel embarrassed to even come back to this thread now, but I figured I couldn't respond after receiving all the responses that did. Again, thanks for all the input and sorry to bother anyone with such pettiness. I am just glad a lot of you understand and could give great advice as I expected. Lastly, if there are any questions in this soap opera, I'll answer them. HTTR!

Archived