Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DId Anybody See Trent hustle to save a TD? (met and learn from it please)

shakinaiken

Thought i'd introduce a thread that doesn't relate to Rex and the offense- at least not directly. Was watching highlights of the game as i wasnt able to catch all of it, and i noticed on Grossman's 2nd interception, some extremely large man ran down Laurinatis to make the tackle preventing laurinatis from gaining any more yards. i had to rewind it a few times to see who it was, and was slightly surprised to see it was Trent Williams. Man is an exceptional athlete, and would imagine he would have success as a defensive tackle if he didnt play LT. Anyway, back to Rex and the offense...

Towards the end of that video they showed a down the field angle of the INT. I have to say Laurinatis made a hell of an interception. His back is to the quarterback the entire way and even when the ball is released and about two feet from him he finally turns and snags the ball like a WR on a timed route. I mean.. I can kind of see why Rex threw that ball.

Trent Williams efforts was great to see too. He's really developing in the right direction esp. after a slow start Week 1.

That was an amazing play by Laurinitis. Wow. If grossman throws a little earler he would have beaten that. Thanks for the Motor TW

(what if the qb has a stronger arm and gets the ball there on time?)

but i digest:

here you go

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/trent-williams-tackles-james-laurinaitis/2011/10/03/gIQAnNNQIL_blog.html#pagebreak

I was even more impressed that Hightower ran down the Cornerback on the other INT.

If neither of those plays get stopped then the Cardinals would have scored 3 td's on us instead of 1td and a fg.

Williams is quick though. I noticed in the Cowboys game that Ware would get off even before the snap and be past Williams before he even moved and he somehow went backwards faster than Ware was going forwards and made up for it.

yeah, well don't kill me for stating that i never want to see T. William's athleticism in this form again.. :ols:

no argument here. just felt it was worth noting as it stood out to me

---------- Post added October-3rd-2011 at 09:14 PM ----------

(what if the qb has a stronger arm and gets the ball there on time?)

but i digest:

here you go

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/trent-williams-tackles-james-laurinaitis/2011/10/03/gIQAnNNQIL_blog.html#pagebreak

ah, well didnt see that. interesting though

Archived