Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Austin, Bryant better than Megatron? Cowboys' Ryan says yes

mzkp54

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822b98aa/article/austin-bryant-better-than-megatron-cowboys-ryan-says-yes?module=HP11_headline_stack

By a show of hands, who thinks Dez Bryant and Miles Austin are better wide receivers than Calvin Johnson?

Well, regardless of what you think, Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan believes it to be true -- which is why he's not stressing as he prepares to stop the Lions' go-to guy Sunday.

"We work against better receivers with Miles Austin and Dez Bryant," Ryan said Friday, according to The Dallas Morning News (via ProFootballTalk.com).

By Ryan's assessment, that means Megatron wouldn't be any higher than the No. 3 receiver in Dallas. Anybody else agree with that? At least after saying Austin and Miles were better, Ryan had it in him to offer that Johnson is "almost that good."

Look, Ryan's confidence in his own guys is a great thing. But it's probably not smart to create bulletin-board material for Johnson, who leads the NFL in touchdown receptions (six) as he clicks with quarterback Matthew Stafford.

Speaking of Stafford, he's probably the guy Ryan should be worried about infuriating. Because if Stafford couldn't let go of Cris Carter's diss of Johnson, then we'd expect him to come out firing passes his friend's way in Dallas -- just to prove a point.

Could a fourth consecutive two-touchdown game be in the works for Megatron? Ryan isn't worried about it, but he might want to be.

"We're going to get after him," Ryan said. "I know he's on some touchdown thing like that, whatever. (Lions offensive coordinator) Scott Linehan has done this before with great receivers with Randy Moss. If the guy is as good as Randy Moss, I'm going to go in there and hide. Thank God he's not, but he's a pretty (expletive) good player."

What a joke. I hope the Lions embarrass the Cowpukes. I wish both the Ryan brothers would just shut up. Everything they say is just so abrasive.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822b98aa/article/austin-bryant-better-than-megatron-cowboys-ryan-says-yes?module=HP11_headline_stack

What a joke. I hope the Lions embarrass the Cowpukes. I wish both the Ryan brothers would just shut up. Everything they say is just so abrasive.

Nadamukong Suh is going to scare a certain someone so silly that someone might screw up 10 snaps. :evilg:

Nadamukong Suh is going to scare a certain someone so silly that someone might screw up 10 snaps. :evilg:

Haha I'm sure by scare you mean call out fake snap counts, because Dallas doesn't make mistakes, and they're certainly not scared of anyone. :puke:

The ONLY ones who'd I'd put up there with Megatron is Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. Those three are IMHO 1-3, but the order is practically interchangeable.

EDIT: I will say that Dez has the PHYSICAL tools to maybe become one.

The ONLY ones who'd I'd put up there with Megatron is Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. Those three are IMHO 1-3, but the order is practically interchangeable.

I love me some Ryan family smack, but this Ryan seems ignorant. At least with the other 2 they were somewhat in the realm of belief with their smack talk.

:ols::ols::ols::ols: :ols: :ols::ols::ols::ols: :ols: :ols::ols::ols::ols: :ols: :ols::ols::ols::ols: :ols: :ols::ols::ols::ols: :ols: :ols::ols::ols::ols: :ols: :ols::ols::ols::ols: :ols: :ols::ols::ols::ols: :ols: :ols::ols::ols:

:ols::ols::ols::ols: :ols: :ols::ols::ols::ols: :ols: :ols::ols::ols::ols: :ols: :ols::ols::ols::ols: :ols: :ols::ols::ols::ols: :ols: :ols::ols::ols::ols: :ols: :ols::ols::ols::ols: :ols: :ols::ols::ols::ols: :ols: :ols::ols::ols:

Bryant hasn't done anything yet and has a lot to learn before being considered better than Johnson.

plus dez is going to take a long time getting past that quad injury. The waistband of his jeans rubs against it and keeps reaggravating...

The Ryans are both idiots. Rex thinks his team's hot **** when they haven't won jack yet.

---------- Post added October-1st-2011 at 05:22 PM ----------

plus dez is going to take a long time getting past that quad injury. The waistband of his jeans rubs against it and keeps reaggravating...
:doh:

When Austin and Romo sits to pee are both starting they're as productive a duo to be found in the NFL, but I wouldn't say he's flat out better. Dez may have the physical skills to be as dominant a WR as anyone in the NFL, but he's a lot of work and maturity from making that happn

Meh, just a coach talking his own guys up... Austin and Bryant are pretty damn good. Not Calvin Johnson good, but pretty good.

It wasn't the talking his guys up that make folks go :doh: It's his implying that Calvin Johnson is good, but nothing special. :rolleyes:

It makes him look like a fool. Al least when his brother Rex talks trash, you can tell it is aimed at his team for consumption, not really to diss anybody.

Rob Ryan, OTOH, just comes off as a loud-mouthed braggart, who doesn't think before he speaks.

I hope Stafford and Johnson destroy his defense this week.

Megatron is as talented as any player in the NFL but I think an argument can be made for Austin.
When Austin and Romo sits to pee are both starting they're as productive a duo to be found in the NFL, but I wouldn't say he's flat out better. Dez may have the physical skills to be as dominant a WR as anyone in the NFL, but he's a lot of work and maturity from making that happn
You guys are high. Miles Austin isn't a top 5 receiver in the NFL. Why not just rank the Cowboys starters as the best player at each position and be done with it?

Archived