Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's "Time for Torain"

HRNY4ZRNY

Which league has maintained the best rivalries?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which league has maintained the best rivalries?

Was so excited to see him out there. And to all the people in here that said he was slow and soft....the difference between him and HT or Helu is huge. He knows where to go when he has the ball and he hits the hole hard. But this is nothing new he did this for us last year and most of you just forgot about it. He SHOULD be this teams starting RB if hes healthy!

So good to see Ryan rumble today. I knew we were keeping him fresh for an explosion.

Any particular reason Hightower was benched in the second half? I know he wasn't hitting the holes but just wondering if it was merely bad play or whether he missed an assignment. I'm guessing Shanny just wanted to get Torain in there.

Shannon said that Hightower looked a little beat and he could well be but from my own perspective, it looked like Hightower was not making the cuts. All he wanted to do was try to make the edge in the last couple of games. I thought there was yards to be gained but Hightower was not reading the cuts or not wanting to pound it up in there. You could see it a little when Helu would come in for Hightower the yardage per carry would be a lot better.

However, Torain is the man!!! I love the way that safety came flying up and Torain layed it to him!! After that the safety was late to show up or missing the tackle......attitude!!

But can Torain chase down those guys on the other team that Rex gives the ball the way Hightower does? I think not! Hightower may not run as beast as Torain and maybe his cuts arent as quick as Helu but dont you think he has to temper his running style so he is in position to chase down Rex's mistakes. I dont think the others do that. Hightower has made a few nice defensive plays I think we ought to try him out at middle linebacker when Fletcher retires. The guy is fast and tackles well. I know Rex loves him when the O turns to D all of a sudden...

But can Torain chase down those guys on the other team that Rex gives the ball the way Hightower does? I think not! Hightower may not run as beast as Torain and maybe his cuts arent as quick as Helu but dont you think he has to temper his running style so he is in position to chase down Rex's mistakes. I dont think the others do that. Hightower has made a few nice defensive plays I think we ought to try him out at middle linebacker when Fletcher retires. The guy is fast and tackles well. I know Rex loves him when the O turns to D all of a sudden...

Are you actually suggesting we need to keep Hightower in there to protect Rex from his mistakes at QB? :wtf:

There is a first time for everything I guess. :rubeyes:

This is what I was saying after the Dallas game. If we'd put Torain in the second half, or even the FOURTH QUARTER of that game, we'd have had a much better shot of winning.

Hightower, as much as I love the guy's attitude, has been a disappointment so far this season. He's simply not getting the job done with the same level of results that his preseason performance seemed to suggest.

The thing that scares me about Torain is his fumbling. But I absolutely love the way he runs. He's a monster. Can he do that against stronger teams? We'll see. But I definitely think all three backs should be in the rotation at this point, and I would lean toward Torain as the starter vs. the Eagles, with Helu backing him up, Hightower coming in on passing situations, as he's a better blocker than Torain.

Oh, yeah, and he's better at chasing down defenders when they inevitably pick off Grossman or recover one of his pitiful fumbles. ;)

Torain sure looked fresh. Nice to be three deep at RB. I still would like to see more Helu, I think he is the most talented of the three. The nice thing is they all run a little differently. Helu more of a one cut and gone guy, Torain hits the hole like a dump truck, and Hightower is more of a stretch guy (though I'm not sure he is supposed to be that in the Shanny offense?). That being said, good thing RT picked up his own fumble because that was a crucial part of the game. I hope we continue to run the ball 40 times, with something like THT getting 12, Helu 13, RTV 15...with RTV closing out the game, similar to what Barber used to do in Dallas. Have that fresh battering ram to put in at the end of the halves.

Hightower, as much as I love the guy's attitude, has been a disappointment so far this season.
I don't see how a guy we got in a trade for a late draft pick and a 36 year old player who wasn't going to make the team is a disappointment but whatever.

Totally agree that all 3 should be in the rotation at this point with Kyle going with the one who has the hot hand at the moment.

good to see torain excel. it seems to me that hightower is missing the holes especially on the stretch plays. he keeps bouncing it outside instead of taking what is given to him, even if its only for a few yards.

sometimes he runs right into the pile instead of cutting left where there is tons of running room. maybe his vision isn't the greatest

These 3 RB's could be our ticket to the playoffs. Kyle has to figure out a way to keep it on the ground and switch it between these guys enough to make defenses look like idiots. I just don't get why we always abandon our running game when it works so well.

I don't see how a guy we got in a trade for a late draft pick and a 36 year old player who wasn't going to make the team is a disappointment but whatever.

The disappointment stems from how good he looked in preseason. He seemed the type that was able to break off a big run once in a while and so far during the regular season he hasn't shown that.

He also seems to not see the cutback lanes. It is more of a let down than a disappointment to me.

I wouldn't say we've truly abandoned the run game at any point this year, aside from a brief stint of the 4th quarter against the Cardinals.

I guess I should have said " never take advantage of" instead of "always abandon". We do run the ball a lot, it just never seems like enough to me.

Was so excited to see him out there. And to all the people in here that said he was slow and soft....the difference between him and HT or Helu is huge. He knows where to go when he has the ball and he hits the hole hard. But this is nothing new he did this for us last year and most of you just forgot about it. He SHOULD be this teams starting RB if hes healthy!

If he did not break his hand in camp (remember) he WOULD have started from day 1. He is even more of a monster than he was last year. I say get him 15 touches every week....spread the other 10-15 touches between Helu and HT. 3 headed beast. Keeps Rex from throwing too much. A great running game typically shouldd open up the pass. Keep in mind too all. With Anthony Armstrong out, Rex has been limited...his options. If we get Armstrong back for Philly, Rex redeems with a huge game. Guaranteed.

While I am glad that Torain ran very well yesterday, it was the RAMS....we should have beaten that team 45 nothing. If he or should I say if WE can run like that against the Jets, Pats, etc. then I will be super excitited. Until then I will reserve my thoughts on the return of Torain. Glad he did well yesterday, glad we got the win, but I am being realistic in that we did not play well yesterday, and we would have gotten beat by alot of teams.

Well, well, well, I guess I was right after all. I know it's just one game and it was the Rams, but you have to admit, like I said, he knows the offense, he knows where the cuts/holes are and he does a good job finishing. Not bad for a guy who had ZERO carries on the season.

---------- Post added October-3rd-2011 at 01:08 PM ----------

You guys might just get your wish......Torain is rumored to be traded to the chiefs the last 12 hrs.

Link??? Verification or just your opinion?

---------- Post added October-3rd-2011 at 01:10 PM ----------

It's also known that Shanahan will go with the hot hand. Wouldn't be surprised to see Torain start against the Eagles in 2 weeks.

While I am glad that Torain ran very well yesterday, it was the RAMS....we should have beaten that team 45 nothing. If he or should I say if WE can run like that against the Jets, Pats, etc. then I will be super excitited. Until then I will reserve my thoughts on the return of Torain. Glad he did well yesterday, glad we got the win, but I am being realistic in that we did not play well yesterday, and we would have gotten beat by alot of teams.

The Jets are currently 28th in the league against the run.

Also Eagles are 30th and the Panthers are 31st.

Hopefully we can roll the next two games.

Archived