Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's "Time for Torain"

HRNY4ZRNY

Which league has maintained the best rivalries?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which league has maintained the best rivalries?

Football needs to take a lesson from baseball - if a guy is having an off night, then coach needs to call up the next guy. I'll bet that if Grossman knew that #2 could come in at any moment, he'd be a lot more careful with the football. Football needs to get away from that "going down with the ship... because he's our starter" mentality.

100% agree with you. I'll even go a step further: The Midgets had a great trio of RBs nicknamed them Earth, Wind, and Fire. We have the trio on our squad to do the same kind of damage. I honestly do think Torain would've ran tracks over the Cowturds. I have no doubt about that. Torain is very under appreciated by some fans, he has the kind of power that would've done wonders for our team. I really hope he gets a chance to play this season.

:helmet:

100% agree with you. I'll even go a step further: The Midgets had a great trio of RBs nicknamed them Earth, Wind, and Fire. We have the trio on our squad to do the same kind of damage. I honestly do think Torain would've ran tracks over the Cowturds. I have no doubt about that. Torain is very under appreciated by some fans, he has the kind of power that would've done wonders for our team. I really hope he gets a chance to play this season.

:helmet:

Is this a joke? If so well done..

Torain 6'1 212 slowest of the bunch, terrible in pass pro, and is injury prone

Hightower 6' 225 quick, excellent in pass pro and a threat out of the backfield

Helu 6' 220 quick, fast, avg in pass pro and even more of threat out of the backfield than Hightower.

Know your team.

Torain has never started a season first on Mike Shanahan's depth chart. He was the #3 guy during his year in Denver, he couldn't beat a declining Clinton Portis last year, and he was in jeopardy of losing his roster spot entirely with three new backs in the picture this year. Hell, he wasn't on anyone's roster when Shanahan was out of football.

Does anyone seriously doubt that there is good reason for this?

Helu 6' 220 quick, fast, avg in pass pro and even more of threat out of the backfield than Hightower.

Know your team.

So far of these three RBs, Torain is the only one with 100 yd rushing games. Two of our guys are quick, but neither one has been able to get the quality yards when we need them

Football needs to take a lesson from baseball - if a guy is having an off night, then coach needs to call up the next guy. I'll bet that if Grossman knew that #2 could come in at any moment, he'd be a lot more careful with the football. Football needs to get away from that "going down with the ship... because he's our starter" mentality.

Football is not at all like baseball and quarterbacking is not at all like pitching.

So far of these three RBs, Torain is the only one with 100 yd rushing games. Two of our guys are quick, but neither one has been able to get the quality yards when we need them

Torain wasn't great at getting truly clutch yardage for us either. ES just loves him because he broke a lot of big plays (which only slightly offset his negative runs) and trucked a few guys.

He is injury prone. People tend to stay away from players like that. He has never been able to show he can get through a season without getting hurt. His skills seem to be pretty solid though. He did well for us last year.

Just about every aspect of his game lacks consistency as well. He's not a great receiver, he's not a great blocker, and he's a boom-or-bust runner. That's a clear break from the Shanahan prototype.

LoL, its time to put in the 3rd most talented back in ahead of 2 more talented RBs?

No, its time to run the ball more with our top 2 backs.

Agreed...Hightower isn't the problem. He averaged 4.8 per carry against the Cards. The problem was when he began to get rolling, we abandoned the run. I want a HEAVY dose of TH and Helu versus the rams. This thread is indicative of the lack of patience of this fanbase.

---------- Post added September-28th-2011 at 07:15 AM ----------

They played only 3 games and did not get nearly enough carries versus Dallas. Have some patience. And I can't believe you used Helu not having a 100 yard rushing game and a reason to play Torain over him....Come on....

And when did Torain get yards when we needed them? Have you forgotten out grand total of 6 wins last season? Or did Helu and Hightowers production against Zona not help us win that game?

Know your team.

Hightower is actually the slowest of the bunch. Torain has decent speed, average cutting ability, and great power. Hightower is a step slower than him, has better cutting ability, and decent power. I like to think Helu is evolving into a young Portis-like threat. I prefer Torain over Hightower, as I always have. People seem to forget him rushing just 300 shy of 1000 despite coming in late. He ran hard for this team. Sure he's injury prone, but he refuses to go down. I can't count how many times I saw him get hit in the backfield because the line last year couldn't pick up blocks on the play. What did he do? He ran. He doesn't stop. He reminded me of a young and healthy Larry Johnson.

Time for Torain? No..it's time to go beat the Rams. We are 2-1 and there is no need right now to disrupt what we have started. Hightower and Helu need to stay in there and establish something, let it play out. Pulling the fire alarms and panicking is not what we need right now.

Nothing against Tim Hightower but Ryan brings a physicality that we need. I don't think it would hurt to let Torain take the reps in practice this week and get the start. He was very good last year in the few games he played in.

You run the ball and wear down the Rams defense with Torain then you spinkle in Helu and hit them with screens and outside runs.

Let Hightower take a few weeks off and lets see what the Torain can do.

Im not losing faith in Hightower just showing faith in Torain. What are your thoughts on this?

One Question... Who is going to pick up those Blitzs?

Archived