Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's "Time for Torain"

HRNY4ZRNY

Which league has maintained the best rivalries?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which league has maintained the best rivalries?

Nothing against Tim Hightower but Ryan brings a physicality that we need. I don't think it would hurt to let Torain take the reps in practice this week and get the start. He was very good last year in the few games he played in.

You run the ball and wear down the Rams defense with Torain then you spinkle in Helu and hit them with screens and outside runs.

Let Hightower take a few weeks off and lets see what the Torain can do.

Im not losing faith in Hightower just showing faith in Torain. What are your thoughts on this?

Torain has not shown the prowess for picking up the blitz and laying quality blocks that Hightower has. Not saying that Hightower should be the surefire #1, but rather that he adds that element that I don't think Torain is quite as proficient in. I do think Torain should be given some opportunities on the field too.

If we were considering a change at RB, I'd want to see Helu get more carries. Having said that, I think Hightower and Helu are doing a fine job and it will continue to be a pretty effective combination. I realize we only gained 60 yards at Dallas, but a week ago we had 170 yards on 30 carries between our two guys. Dallas is a good run defense.

I'm all for it. Hightower's best plays have mainly been his blocking, and his taking a screen pass or 2 for some big gains. When you're a RB, that's not particularly good. From the preseason, it looked like Hightower's main asset as a runner was his ability to identify cutback lanes and exploit them for huge gains. I haven't seen him cut back hardly at all during the regular season, and I've definitely seen a few opportunities for him to do so. I think Torain brings a different skillset to the position and it would be worthwhile to see how he does behind this line because we haven't gotten all that much out of Hightower as of yet. The coaches may already be phasing Hightower out to give more time to Helu.

Personally, if I were the coach, I'd give Hightower one more shot against St. Louis. If he doesn't break any runs longer than 15-20 yards, and he comes out of the game with another sub-4.0 day, then it might be time to see if the other guys can do it better.

---------- Post added September-27th-2011 at 02:30 PM ----------

Yeah, I think the OL will block much better for Torain. :rolleyes:

They seem to "block better" for Helu.

LoL, its time to put in the 3rd most talented back in ahead of 2 more talented RBs?

No, its time to run the ball more with our top 2 backs.

This. Hightower and Helu are going to be around for a while. I don't think Torain will be on the squad next year. I think he's here for trade bait. Hopefully Kansas City coughs up a 4th rounder for him so we can move Royster up.

I dont see Helu as a every down back. I do want him involved heavily in the gameplan.

If I was the coach I start Torain next week. See how he plays and if its simply not working Hightower can go back in.

I "slip" Helu into the game randomly. Maybe even have Helu and Torain in the backfield.

I want Torain to get solid gains and wear out the defense. Hit Helu on quick outs, screens and draw plays looking for the big gain.

Goalline I mostly go with Torain and get the tough yards but randomly I put in Helu on goal line and do a toss play and have him bust it out wide. Or playaction but look for Helu in the endzone.

Let Hightower rest up for a few games because we might need to go back to him.

Wow we play a good run defense for once and people automatically want to scrap the backs that we've been using. LOL

I havent been seriously impressed with Hightower thus far.

In preseason I was impressed.

I like what I saw out of Torain last year. Im not saying forget Hightower Im saying give Torain a shot.

And if Hightower is that mentally weak then we need to find that out now rather than later.

Your on a Mike Shanahan coached team you have to share carries. Get use to it.

I havent been seriously impressed with Hightower thus far.

In preseason I was impressed.

I like what I saw out of Torain last year. Im not saying forget Hightower Im saying give Torain a shot.

And if Hightower is that mentally weak then we need to find that out now rather than later.

Your on a Mike Shanahan coached team you have to share carries. Get use to it.

He does share carries with Helu. Why don't you get used to it?

Archived