Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My First Ever Redskins Video

XEL

So I recently decided I wanted to make a movie trailer type thing regarding the Redskins. It ended being a really long highlight reel. After editing it about 5 times, I finally decided to settle somewhere between the two. I hope you guys enjoy it. Feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! This makes me really excited to make another in the future :)

Ok, THAT could be the intro video for our home games!

Wow. I wish! Is there a way to have the Redskins Organization see this video? hahaha

So I recently decided I wanted to make a movie trailer type thing regarding the Redskins. It ended being a really long highlight reel. After editing it about 5 times, I finally decided to settle somewhere between the two. I hope you guys enjoy it. Feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Nice work XEL- check your PM when you get a chance...would love to collab with you sometime...

Thanks again guys. I'll probably make another one, but not for awhile. I don't exactly want to reuse clips and there are only so many recent ones. So, basically I'll probably be waiting a few games before I actually sit down and start making it :)

Dude, that ****ing sucked.

I am of course kidding. lol. Nice job.

Ninjaaaaaaa!!

XEL - Nice job man, great music, great clips! REALLY looking forward to more from you.

It seems you are asking for critique if there is any, so I'll go ahead and offer up a couple of nitpicks/opinions in the hopes that they help you in the future to elevate your already awesome video(s) to a higher level of... um... awesomeness!

1) While a lot of the music to video timing in the vid was great, the intro might have been more powerful had you timed the player "appearances" with either the bass drum or snare hits of the music. As it was, sometimes they were with one or the other, or sometimes with neither. Stick with one consistently and you'll get a lot of extra oomph. Not sure what editing software you are using but if length of clip is an issue, you can always slow down or speed up the clip a bit if there is not enough source material. Forgive me if I'm being patronizing, not trying to be!

2) There were a couple of times the music had some really cool slow down or speed up type sounds. I would have loved to see you roll with that in the video.

3) The ending just kind of cuts off at a weird place, which is sad cause the video is so exciting and great. I know YouTube can be a ***** like that sometimes, so maybe next time give the ending some extra love so that it is as clear as the rest. Like maybe fade the music out over a cool graphic or pic and leave a bit of quiet space at the end of your vid to correct for YouTube cutoff.

Again, overall, vid was dope man. If you can make even more use of relationship between the music (which was so good in this vid by the way) and the clips you use, you may be on to higher heights.

Well done!

-peace

nomad

1) While a lot of the music to video timing in the vid was great, the intro might have been more powerful had you timed the player "appearances" with either the bass drum or snare hits of the music. As it was, sometimes they were with one or the other, or sometimes with neither. Stick with one consistently and you'll get a lot of extra oomph. Not sure what editing software you are using but if length of clip is an issue, you can always slow down or speed up the clip a bit if there is not enough source material. Forgive me if I'm being patronizing, not trying to be!

Yeah, after I uploaded it felt the same way haha. Like London Fletcher's scene. I feel like if I had that scene just a few seconds earlier or later (don't remember which), it would've been way more dramatic :P

3) The ending just kind of cuts off at a weird place, which is sad cause the video is so exciting and great. I know YouTube can be a ***** like that sometimes, so maybe next time give the ending some extra love so that it is as clear as the rest. Like maybe fade the music out over a cool graphic or pic and leave a bit of quiet space at the end of your vid to correct for YouTube cutoff.

Haha that was actually just a fault at my part. The song enters a soft part and I wanted to end it before it came, but couldn't find a good spot in the song. Since I had a Mac, the part where the screen goes black sounds practically silent without the volume cranked all the way up. With my headphones plugged in though, I could clearly hear the end. I was just hoping some people's speakers wouldn't pick up those notes :P

Archived