Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Get ready, Romo, the 'beast' is coming to town

mzkp54

Not unlike a sailor hitting port, Redskins safety LaRon Landry is in no mood to pump the brakes.

Holed up since before last Thanksgiving with an Achilles' tendon injury, Landry is promising something special for Monday's night's meeting with the Cowboys.

"Don't calm me down. Let me go. Untame this beast, man. It's been a while," he told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The Achilles healed during training camp, but Landry then pulled his hamstring warming up before a preseason tilt with the Colts on Aug. 19. Since then, the fifth-year starter's been watching and waiting.

The injury flurry aside, Landry panned the suggestion that Redskins coach Mike Shanahan should play it gingerly with Landry's return.

"The only thing I'm anticipating is me playing on Monday night," Landry said. "Everything else is out of my control. I can't speak for him. I can't rush God. If it ain't ready, it ain't ready. ... I haven't had any hiccups or any setbacks, so I'm looking forward to playing this Monday night."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822710bb/article/get-ready-Romo sits to pee-the-beast-is-coming-to-town?module=HP11_headline_stack

I hope he's ready to come back, but more importantly, I hope he doesn't come back before he's ready. But he's gonna put a hurting on some cowboys if he is back with all their injuries...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESPN - LaRon Landry so eager to play it hurts

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...-play-it-hurts

Washington Redskins safety LaRon Landry has missed the first two games of the season with a hamstring injury, and he says he doesn't know if he'll be healthy in time to play Monday night against the Dallas Cowboys. But according to Rich Campbell of the Washington Times, Landry is getting a little bit frisky in practice:

Landry's teammates have noticed he — to put it mildly — is mentally ready to play.

"Just watching him in walkthrough today running around, everybody is walking through and jogging through and this kid's full speed," cornerback DeAngelo Hall said. "Lorenzo Alexander is one of the toughest guys I've been around, and he hit Zo one time, and Zo was like, 'Dude, calm down.' But I can't be mad though because I know that's him. That's LaRon. Full-speed."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESPN - LaRon Landry so eager to play it hurts

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...-play-it-hurts

Washington Redskins safety LaRon Landry has missed the first two games of the season with a hamstring injury, and he says he doesn't know if he'll be healthy in time to play Monday night against the Dallas Cowboys. But according to Rich Campbell of the Washington Times, Landry is getting a little bit frisky in practice:

Landry's teammates have noticed he — to put it mildly — is mentally ready to play.

"Just watching him in walkthrough today running around, everybody is walking through and jogging through and this kid's full speed," cornerback DeAngelo Hall said. "Lorenzo Alexander is one of the toughest guys I've been around, and he hit Zo one time, and Zo was like, 'Dude, calm down.' But I can't be mad though because I know that's him. That's LaRon. Full-speed."

I was just looking at that. I love Landry. There is 0 chance of him holding back if he plays on Monday

What is with some of this LL hate around here? Dude has been playing out of position for most of his career, and been looking pretty good doing it. Yeah he has missed some tackles, and maybe goes for the big hit too much, but he was finally putting it together last year before he got hurt and he is still young. I can't wait to see him on the field again, especially with OJ out there man it is gonna be nice.

Archived