Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Better not sleep on the Rams

NoCalMike

We have a strong run defense. With them missing 2 O-linemen, they will be hard pressed to run the ball. I think that will put them in alot of 2nd and 3rd and long situations they don't want to be in. We held New Orleans to 35 yards rushing and they were one of the best rushing teams in the league last year.

After what we did to the Saints @ the Superdome, there is no way in hell we should lose to the Rams. Also, last year we had Grossman. We have a threat with RG3 at QB. I feel we are here to play this year.

Going to be two different games.

The Saints D is horrible and their offense is good. Whereas the Rams D is solid, but their offense is horrible.

I still expect the Skins to roll big.

Dallas, Skins, both 2-0 with 2 wins on the road to open the year. Who would've thought that :)

---------- Post added September-13th-2012 at 11:48 AM ----------

We have a strong run defense. With them missing 2 O-linemen, they will be hard pressed to run the ball. I think that will put them in alot of 2nd and 3rd and long situations they don't want to be in. We held New Orleans to 35 yards rushing and they were one of the best rushing teams in the league last year.

They also lost arguably the best interior lineman in the NFC in Carl Nicks.

Going to be two different games.

The Saints D is horrible and their offense is good. Whereas the Rams D is solid, but their offense is horrible.

I still expect the Skins to roll big.

Dallas, Skins, both 2-0 with 2 wins on the road to open the year. Who would've thought that :)

---------- Post added September-13th-2012 at 11:48 AM ----------

They also lost arguably the best interior lineman in the NFC in Carl Nicks.

I said that in another thread that we are playing the exact opposite of last week, I think if we run the ball well, it will keep our passing open against the Rams. Rams strength is their DEs, MLB and CBs. We have to exploit those in the passing game. Their O-line might be missing 3 guys (LT, LG and C) so that is very much in our favor. I'm looking at a 27-14 game with the Rams scoring a late TD to make the score better.

One offensive lineman missing from the Saints (yes their best), but they had the other 4 and Nicks replacement is Ben Grubbs, a guy we were looking at a few years ago. so he's not chopped liver.

I honestly think the issue in this game is how much we win by. I've been reading the board for the last few days, and I get the feeling that if we win by say, a field goal, that this board could go ape****. I think the only way we lose is if we turn the ball over 2-3 times. We can win, but there's a good chance that it won't be an easy one.

I honestly think the issue in this game is how much we win by. I've been reading the board for the last few days, and I get the feeling that if we win by say, a field goal, that this board could go ape****. I think the only way we lose is if we turn the ball over 2-3 times. We can win, but there's a good chance that it won't be an easy one.

I learned my lesson after we beat them 9-7 a year or so ago.... a win is a win and I'll take it even if it's meager.

I learned my lesson after we beat them 9-7 a year or so ago.... a win is a win and I'll take it even if it's meager.

Right. At the end of the year if you end up 19-0, it doesn't matter if you won every week in overtime by a FG. The point is, you won.

Still, I'd like to see us put up lots of points while suppressing the Rams. Our team needs to learn how to play with a lead. We had a 2 TD lead on the Saints that almost evaporated.

Right. At the end of the year if you end up 19-0, it doesn't matter if you won every week in overtime by a FG. The point is, you won.

Still, I'd like to see us put up lots of points while suppressing the Rams. Our team needs to learn how to play with a lead. We had a 2 TD lead on the Saints that almost evaporated.

In fairness, they were/are a top offense. Teams like that are tough to keep down. For a team like us, I think we did as good a job as possible, at this point in the season.

The rams cannot score from anywhere on the field. That's going to hurt them given the point potential our offense has, and our fairly stout defense. Most importantly, Bradford is going to spend a majority of the game on his butt on the ground.

I'm sick of being cautious. My feelings about a game have no bearing on the outcome. I think we're going to kick the Rams collective ass. RG3 keeps the hype train rolling by playing smart and avoiding stupid throws toward the Rams CB's, who are talented.

The Rams will be playing Wayne Hunter and a rookie 5th rounder at center. Bradford plays scared under pressure.

Matt Stafford was under the least pressure of all week one QB's at 16% of his dropbacks.

This game shouldn't be close. Stop Jackson, win the game. Hell, even if we don't stop Jackson they'd still have to keep up with us. Jackson aint keepin' up with the Redskins offense.

Edit: I just double checked and I guess the Rams signed a new center so their 5th rounder won't be starting. Still, though. I feel like we should own them up front on both sides of the ball.

The rams cannot score from anywhere on the field. That's going to hurt them given the point potential our offense has, and our fairly stout defense. Most importantly, Bradford is going to spend a majority of the game on his butt on the ground.

I'm sick of being cautious. My feelings about a game have no bearing on the outcome. I think we're going to kick the Rams collective ass. RG3 keeps the hype train rolling by playing smart and avoiding stupid throws toward the Rams CB's, who are talented.

I am digging your enthusiasm. For one of our most balanced posters that assessment was huge.

Bradford is going to spend a majority of the game on his butt on the ground.

RG3 keeps the hype train rolling by playing smart and avoiding stupid throws toward the Rams CB's, who are talented.

I hope our Defense can keep up the pressure!!

About RG3 I'm def. looking forward to seeing his reaction and if theres any consistency. He plays smart, we will be excited non the less!!!

Archived