Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins and Cardinals inactives for week 2

Oldskool

Russellmania980 Chris Russell

Missing Daryl Washington is a blow for #Cards, had a INT and a sack last week. Was in backfield a lot. #Redskins

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 08:46 AM ----------

Wonder if Torain is going to be active?

Torrain isn't on the inactive list, so he is active. Will he play is a different question.

That's six receivers, right?

Moss, Gaffney, Armstrong, Paul, Banks and Stallworth.

That may be a hint at today's strategy. Lots of spreads and downfield attacking.

Agreed. Attack their CB's all day with multiple short and long looks so that their D can't blitz almost every down as they did vs Carolina.

Looks like Stallworth is getting the nod over Austin. Also, I'm a bit surprised we're carrying 2 FBs.

Yah, same. However with Fox out with an injury, if we lose 2 or 3 LB's then we still have Darryl Young (our FB, once a LB) who can act as an emergency. If so, then we'll need Sellers.

Stallworth was injured last week so maybe he's ahead of Austin on the depth chart. That would put Austin at 5th? As a veteran, I think it would be unfair for us to put Stallworth on the inactive each week.

Let's get him in game, show teams he can still do well and trade him before the deadline in a few weeks. Even if we get a 6th round pick, do it. We have great WR depth.

not sure you really count Banks as a WR, though. Not that it would invalidate your suspicions, of course...just sayin' lol.

Perhaps you throw him in with a 4-wide set and throw the bubble screen? That guy is shifty as hell and could always be a threat to take it to the house. The second thing is that if he were in a 4 wide set, the defense would have to account for him, making the big play more possible with a fake bubble screen.

Only way Fox is inactive is due to injury. Glad to see Stallworth active. He can stretch the field & catches everything. Disappointed that Hankerson hasn't performed well enough to warrant being active. Oh well, glad to see Orakpo is playing. That's huge. Plus I just bought my 4 year old son his 2nd jersey... Burgundy Orakpo. His first was a burgundy Moss that he grew out of ! Rocking my white ST21 today...

Perhaps you throw him in with a 4-wide set and throw the bubble screen? That guy is shifty as hell and could always be a threat to take it to the house. The second thing is that if he were in a 4 wide set, the defense would have to account for him, making the big play more possible with a fake bubble screen.

Oh, I agree, I think they definitely should be trying to utilize Banks on more than kick and punt returns :yes:...

Oh, I agree, I think they definitely should be trying to utilize Banks on more than kick and punt returns :yes:...

Get him the huddle,call the play then look at Banks and say "Just go as fast as you can down the field." Don't necessarily have to throw it to him,but just doing that alone could give the Cardinals secondary a small anxiety attack. :silly:

Get him the huddle,call the play then look at Banks and say "Just go as fast as you can down the field." Don't necessarily have to throw it to him,but just doing that alone could give the Cardinals secondary a small anxiety attack. :silly:

I can just see Rex doing that - a serendipitous wink at the line of scrimmage and off Banks goes - straight down the field. :ols:

Archived