Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Strange similarities between the Cowboys and Redskins.

Kurenai

The Cowboys are the NFL's most valuable franchise, according to Forbes' latest rankings. The Redskins are right behind at 2nd place.

The Cowboys have won only one playoff game over the past 14 seasons. The Redskins have won two playoff games in that same timeframe.

Neither team has advanced beyond the Divisional Playoffs since 1995.

The Cowboys have had five different head coaches since 1998. The Redskins have had six different head coaches in that same timeframe.

The Redskins have the NFL's 2nd-largest stadium by seating capacity. The Cowboys have the 3rd-largest.

The Cowboys and Redskins have two of the NFL's most despised and discussed/newsworthy owners, Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder.

The Cowboys have had 15 different quarterbacks start games for them since the 1997 season. The Redskins have also had 15 different quarterbacks starting games for them in that same timeframe as well.

Both teams have been lousy for the past 15 years yet they both rake in the dough.

Odd

I know.

The Redskins' revenue is probably due largely to being in the East coast (most of the NFL's most valuable teams - Cowboys, Patriots, Jets, Giants, Eagles, Redskins, etc. - are East coast teams.) The Cowboys have always had a spread-out fanbase and media attention.

I thought Dallas had the 1st now.

I dug up the stadium capacity comparisons on Wikipedia, so it's not really official. Cowboys Stadium seems to vary widely from game to game, all depending on how many additional seats are put in or not. At any rate, the Cowboys and Redskins are both near tops in the league.

Ok I'll be honest I truly didn't know all that. Probably cause everytime the Skins play all we hear about is how horribly run the team has been with all the HC's and system changes and QB's. Never do they mention Dallas being in the same boat. lol.

Well, basically, both teams are marked by futility on the field but financial profit off of it. It's a bit like the Chicago Cubs concept - not as extreme, but shows that financial reapings aren't necessarily correlated to gridiron success.

Of course, gridiron success could only add more money and value to the mix.

Well, basically, both teams are marked by futility on the field but financial profit off of it. It's a bit like the Chicago Cubs concept - not as extreme, but shows that financial reapings aren't necessarily correlated to gridiron success.

Of course, gridiron success could only add more money and value to the mix.

Don't get me wrong I did know both teams sucked and made a ton of money besides that. What I didn't put together was how many HC's and QB's Dallas has gone through. Just about every Redksins game it's brought up how the Skins have gone through so many HC's and so many QB's as well as system changes and they make it sound like their shocked by the numbers and that the Skins are the only team in the NFL changing soo much which has caused them to be so bad over the years...... then they throw in ... maybe Shanahan can stay long enough to effectively change things. Whats even funnier is I've heard Aikmen mention this almost every game...... yet does he throw in the fact that Dallas has done the same thing? no. Does he mention that the Redskins and Dallas have had their issue's because of all the change? no. But he does take pride in mentioning it about the Skins.

Don't get me wrong I did know both teams sucked and made a ton of money besides that. What I didn't put together was how many HC's and QB's Dallas has gone through. Just about every Redksins game it's brought up how the Skins have gone through so many HC's and so many QB's as well as system changes and they make it sound like their shocked by the numbers and that the Skins are the only team in the NFL changing soo much which has caused them to be so bad over the years...... then they throw in ... maybe Shanahan can stay long enough to effectively change things. Whats even funnier is I've heard Aikmen mention this almost every game...... yet does he throw in the fact that Dallas has done the same thing? no. Does he mention that the Redskins and Dallas have had their issue's because of all the change? no. But he does take pride in mentioning it about the Skins.

Most of the Cowboys' quarterbacking mess was in the 2000-2004 time frame, when Dallas started Stoerner, Leaf, Cunningham, Wright, Henson, Carter, Testaverde and Hutchinson. That was a mess. It's been much more stable since Romo sits to pee has essentially been the entrenched starter since 2006, although the Cowboys have still gone through a new head coach every 3 years, basically.

The Redskins' quarterbacking instability, though, has still persisted in recent times. Campbell was gone, then the McNabb experiment didn't work out well, but Grossman may be the one to stay at last.

Other things you might not have known about the similarities between the two teams:

Daniel Snyder has the same number of letters (6) in both his names.

Jerry Jones has the same number of letters (5) in both his names.

Both are 33rd degree Free Masons with birthmarks of 666 on their scalps.

If you fold a $20 bill in triangular fashion upon itself 3 times, an image appears of Snyder and Jones having sex with one another.

Snyder had a secretary named Jones whom he fired for not calling him "Mr. Snyder".

Jones had a secretary named Snyder whom he fired for calling him "Mr. Squishy Face".

Snyder was shot in the back of the head in the presence of his wife.

Jones was shot also in the back of the head in the presence of his wife.

Oops, wait that last part didn't actually happen.

Yet. :fortune: :wish:

:paranoid:

Most of the Cowboys' quarterbacking mess was in the 2000-2004 time frame, when Dallas started Stoerner, Leaf, Cunningham, Wright, Henson, Carter, Testaverde and Hutchinson. That was a mess. It's been much more stable since Romo sits to pee has essentially been the entrenched starter since 2006, although the Cowboys have still gone through a new head coach every 3 years, basically.

The Redskins' quarterbacking instability, though, has still persisted in recent times. Campbell was gone, then the McNabb experiment didn't work out well, but Grossman may be the one to stay at last.

Yet, Dallas completely owned the Redskins when they had all those scrub QB's. Since 2005 we've been about 50/50.

Thanks Romo sits to pee!!!

Archived