Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Strange similarities between the Cowboys and Redskins.

Kurenai

Yet, Dallas completely owned the Redskins when they had all those scrub QB's. Since 2005 we've been about 50/50.

Thanks Romo sits to pee!!!

If you want to cherry-pick a common denominator that way, then I could point out that the Cowboys have averaged 9-7 to 10-6 per season ever since 2006. The Redskins have averaged 6-10 to 7-9 in that time frame. So is that difference due primarily to Romo sits to pee, too?

You can't just cherry-pick one thing out of many things and pin all the credit or blame on that single factor alone.

(I'm using "since 2006," not "since 2005," since Romo sits to pee didn't start for Dallas before 2006.)

Other things you might not have known about the similarities between the two teams:

Daniel Snyder has the same number of letters (6) in both his names.

Jerry Jones has the same number of letters (5) in both his names.

Both are 33rd degree Free Masons with birthmarks of 666 on their scalps.

If you fold a $20 bill in triangular fashion upon itself 3 times, an image appears of Snyder and Jones having sex with one another.

Snyder had a secretary named Jones whom he fired for not calling him "Mr. Snyder".

Jones had a secretary named Snyder whom he fired for calling him "Mr. Squishy Face".

Snyder was shot in the back of the head in the presence of his wife.

Jones was shot also in the back of the head in the presence of his wife.

Oops, wait that last part didn't actually happen.

Yet. :fortune: :wish:

:paranoid:

Nice twist on the freaky connections between Lincoln and Kennedy (though neither were actually freemasons). You could have added that both Lincoln and Kennedy were killed in Washington and Dallas and that the Redskins tend to re-enact the silent drunken return flight of sorrow that AF1 took on 11/22/1963 every time we play in Dallas. I even think Danny has us fly into Love Field for extra authenticity of the re-enactment. The only difference is that most of the times in the last 19 years there were 53 stiffs on the plane and not just one.

Also you left out that the actor John Wilkes Booth and the QB Joe Theismann both ended their careers in Washington by breaking their legs.

But in all seriousness, one of the Texas tycoons who was all about LBJ and who has actually been linked to people who the Kennedy family (Bobby and Jackie both wrote about that in their personal writings) believed to have been involved in a wider conspiracy to kill JFK was one of the Cowboys founders - Clint Murchison. LBJ attended a dinner party at Clint's house the night before the assassination and according to LBJ's admitted mistress, "it" was discussed. Even if you don't buy it which I don't completely, it is intersting that one of the Cowboys founders ran in that click. It is 100% fact that Murchison and LBJ were friends and that Murchison donated heavily to LBJ though the years.

So there you have it, both Washington and Dallas were responsible for Vietnam.

I thought Dallas had the 1st now.
They do. They have expandable seating. They generally seat about 80,000. However they can seat over 110,000. In 2009 they played a game where they sat 105,000.

FedEx used to seat something like 91,000 (and was the largest stadium in the NFL until Dallas opened their new digs), but that has changed with the removal of a bunch of seats this season. FedEx now seats about 82,000, which is about the same as the New Meadowlands (MetLife).

Wikipedia is good for quick info, but not a reliable source of good info.

They do. They have expandable seating. They generally seat about 80,000. However they can seat over 100,000. In 2009 they played a game where they sat 105,000. [http://www.profootball-fans.com/largest-nfl-stadiums.html

FedEx used to seat something like 91,000 (and was the largest stadium in the NFL until Dallas opened their new digs), but that has changed with the removal of a bunch of seats this season. FedEx now seats about 82,000, which is about the same as the New Meadowlands (MetLife).

Wikipedia is good for quick info, but not to be trusted.

Actually, that's total tripe about wikipedia. You look at the bibliography and read further just like any encyclopedia. You can't just write anything on there. Go try to write that Dan Snyder eats babies with Elvis on his bio there. Within one second it will get pulled down if for no other reason because you have to provide footnotes as to where you got that info from. If Dan Snyder does indeed eat infants with Elvis, you need to cite where that info came from. So in effect, this idea that wikipedia cannot be trusted is patently false and thrown out there by academics who are pissed that they don't get to have control over what is and isn't written about in an encyclopedia. Wikipedia has rules. It's not just a free-for-all contrary to what you and others have jsut said. IF you like controlled thought and don't value critical thinking, then go read Enyclopedia Britannica where they havre decided what is and isn't important for you, the masses, to know. If you value independent thought, go to wikipedia and read the bibliography and read further. No enyclopedia is meant for anything except a quick guide as to where you can find further information on that given subject.

You would never reference ANY enyclopedia in an academic paper, but you certainly would use the BIBLIOGRAPHY for help on future research. Yes wikipedia can be trusted, that is if you trust yourself to have the independent mind to corroborate the bibliography which Britannica doesn't think you do. So for those who lack those skills, it's not wikipedia that can't be trusted, it's you.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people use that line. I don't blame them; they didn't come up with it themselves. How could they?

umm like 5 of the things you listed are true about a bunch of teams

When it comes to stadium size and financial value, the Cowboys and Redskins are pretty exclusive. Other metrics such as gridiron futility are true for teams like the Chiefs, etc., but they don't have high value or a mega-stadium. Teams like the Patriots and Giants/Jets have big stadiums and value, but have been pretty successful on the field too.

Actually, that's total tripe about wikipedia. You look at the bibliography and read further just like any encyclopedia. You can't just write anything on there. Go try to write that Dan Snyder eats babies with Elvis on his bio there. Within one second it will get pulled down if for no other reason because you have to provide footnotes as to where you got that info from. If Dan Snyder does indeed eat infants with Elvis, you need to cite where that info came from. So in effect, this idea that wikipedia cannot be trusted is patently false and thrown out there by academics who are pissed that they don't get to have control over what is and isn't written about in an encyclopedia. Wikipedia has rules. It's not just a free-for-all contrary to what you and others have jsut said. IF you like controlled thought and don't value critical thinking, then go read Enyclopedia Britannica where they havre decided what is and isn't important for you, the masses, to know. If you value independent thought, go to wikipedia and read the bibliography and read further. No enyclopedia is meant for anything except a quick guide as to where you can find further information on that given subject.

You would never reference ANY enyclopedia in an academic paper, but you certainly would use the BIBLIOGRAPHY for help on future research. Yes wikipedia can be trusted, that is if you trust yourself to have the independent mind to corroborate the bibliography which Britannica doesn't think you do. So for those who lack those skills, it's not wikipedia that can't be trusted, it's you.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people use that line. I don't blame them; they didn't come up with it themselves. How could they?

I feel like this was a quiz in English from school, Which sentence doesn't belong in this paragraph?

I think you take the cake in this thread

Though I do agree with you on the subject

Archived