Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SportingNews: Dallas Cowboys team report: Dez Bryant misses second straight day of practice

tr1

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-09-15/dallas-cowboys-team-report-dez-bryant-misses-second-straight-day-of-practice

Wide receiver Dez Bryant missed practice Wednesday and Thursday because of a thigh bruise from Sunday's game against the Jets. He says he will practice Friday and be ready to play against the 49ers on Sunday.

The Cowboys are hoping he is ready to go and can play a full game. Bryant caught three passes in the first quarter against Jets and none the rest of the game as he labored through the injury he suffered on a punt return.

He will be used sparingly on punt returns the rest of the season to avoid injury if at all. He will likely not return punts against the 49ers.

Notes: Cornerback Terence Newman, who missed the preseason and the season opener with a groin injury, has been ruled out of the 49ers game for precautionary reasons. He suffered a similar injury in the preseason in 2008 and came back too quick, resulting in a hernia and surgery in October.

"We thought we got him back out there a little quick (then), so we’re being ultra sensitive," Jerry Jones said. "If this were the Super Bowl this weekend, he’d be playing. :ols::ols::ols:We would take the risk if it were at that juncture of the season. But with the full season and where we are, then we’re giving him extra time."

---------- Post added September-15th-2011 at 09:06 PM ----------

Looks like prima donnas don't need to practice...just show up and start.

Sends a great message to the team.

I love Jerruh.

Too funny.

Why is there so many threads about the cowboys here???? Im not talking ish or anything, its just crazy how we talk so much about them..

Maybe because they're our #1 hated rival??...Think so?

Maybe because the media writes so many damn stories about the Cowboys?...

Maybe because we enjoy pointing out all the ways and reasons the Cowboys don't deserve the amount of hype and respect that they seem to get, no matter what moves they make or how poorly they play?

Maybe because there have always been more Cowboys fans coming here to our message board talking and starting **** than any other team in the NFL?

Maybe because they're quite possibly the most hated team in the league?...See the "**** the Cowboys" stickie thread at the top...it wasn't started by a Skins fan lol...

Any of those would be reason enough alone...all five of those things combined would probably 'splain why you see more threads about the Cowboys here than other team.

But, hey, if you want to discuss the Chiefs, feel free to start a thread :thumbsup:...

We're interested in comic relief.

If it really bothers you, skip the threads.

Maybe because we enjoy pointing out all the ways and reasons the Cowboys don't deserve the amount of hype and respect that they seem to get, no matter what moves they make or how poorly they play?

Maybe because there have always been more Cowboys fans coming here to our message board talking and starting **** than any other team in the NFL?

Maybe because they're quite possibly the most hated team in the league?...See the "**** the Cowboys" stickie thread at the top...it wasn't started by a Skins fan lol...

Any of those would be reason enough alone...all five of those things combined would probably 'splain why you see more threads about the Cowboys here than other team.

But, hey, if you want to discuss the Chiefs, feel free to start a thread :thumbsup:...

Why is there so many threads about the cowboys here???? Im not talking ish or anything, its just crazy how we talk so much about them..

ok ok ok calm down just a general question, just curious about why, like do some here; fear them respect them or just hate them. Just wanna get the just of everyones reasons

If the 49ers find a way to pull an upset this Sunday, the Cowboys will be reeling going into MNF.......me likey.

And if the Skins beat the Cardinals, we could be looking at an opportunity to start the Cowboys off 0-3...putting them 3 games behind us already and giving ourselves a 2-0 division record to boot. :thumbsup:

I have a feeling that the Dez Bryant experiment is going to blow up in Jerruh's face. Not even talking about the injury, but all of the other issues that this dude seems to be dealing with. He also has the wrong QB, and possibly the wrong coach. I don't think Romo sits to pee or Garrett seem like the type to pull him to the side and tell him to cut the ****.

seriously, was his post even necessary? is he a skins fan?

ok ok ok calm down just a general question, just curious about why, like do some here; fear them respect them or just hate them. Just wanna get the just of everyones reasons

Because it's the ATN forum and they are our biggest rival. Not only that we have a higher number of Cowboy fans that frequent this board than any other team.

Also, because this is Redskins country, and I consider it to be a personal slap in the face for a "Cowboys" fan that lived his entire life in the state of Maryland, to talk **** to me, and expect me to let it slide. I treat the Cowboys fans here the same way. Now, if you know everything there is to know about your team, and can debate, then I'll ease up, and you'll have my respect, but if you're one of those "who did we play last week?" types, I have no respect for you.

None

And if the Skins beat the Cardinals, we could be looking at an opportunity to start the Cowboys off 0-3...putting them 3 games behind us already and giving ourselves a 2-0 division record to boot. :thumbsup:
True. And, I have thought about that, but I have to be honest; I'm nervous. So far, the Redskins have gone beyond my expectations in pre-season and game 1. I just hope we can take care of our own business against the Cardinals. The 49ers beating the Cowboys may be too much to ask for. But, we can always hope, right?

Hate them, dread losing to them. Respect? Nope.

---------- Post added September-16th-2011 at 11:20 AM ----------

I don't understand why he was returning punts anyway.

Funny that the media always look to Jerrah for an injury report. Do you see Snyder or Allen talking to the media about our injuries? It's either Shanny, Shanny Jr. or Haslett. That is the....what's the word I'm looking for? Most Assanine? thing I've ever seen. I don't think I ever see other owners or GMs talking to the media about his players injuries. My God Jerrah would give his left nut to coach the team also. He's just itching to do on the field stuff. And they called our owner a "Meddler."

I'm terrified of that scenario actually. I almost want the Cowboys to limp to a win vs. the 49ers so they aren't desperate and playing us in week 3. I realize that's illogical, but I can't help it.

I understand what you're saying :yes:...but for once I would LOVE to just go with the feeling of "The Skins are gonna win" regardless of who is or isn't injured on the other team or whether or not that team is "desperate" or "over confident".

Ideal scenario: Skins beat Cardinals, Cowboys lose to the 49ers...Skins then go into Cowboys stadium and kick the everloving **** out of the Cowboys, sending them to 0-3, sending their lockerroom into chaos, and sending the media into a frenzy of "Will Garrett last the season" articles :ols::D...

I understand what you're saying :yes:...but for once I would LOVE to just go with the feeling of "The Skins are gonna win" regardless of who is or isn't injured on the other team or whether or not that team is "desperate" or "over confident".

Ideal scenario: Skins beat Cardinals, Cowboys lose to the 49ers...Skins then go into Cowboys stadium and kick the everloving **** out of the Cowboys, sending them to 0-3, sending their lockerroom into chaos, and sending the media into a frenzy of "Will Garrett last the season" articles :ols::D...

Of course...I would agree 100% that is the perfect scenario. It's a win-win across the board.

However, if (and I concede it's somewhat illogical) a Cowboy win on Sunday increases the chances of a Redskin win in Dallas the following Monday, that takes priority for me (and I'm sure everyone else). The problem is, not everyone is as odd as me when it comes to cause and effect. :ols:

That sounds almost too good to be true. I for one, would love it.

I'm terrified of that scenario actually. I almost want the Cowboys to limp to a win vs. the 49ers so they aren't desperate and playing us in week 3. I realize that's illogical, but I can't help it.

But you know what? For the first time in a long time, I'm trying to get myself to stop thinking like that. I know it's hard from what we've had to go through as fans for the last 20 years, but I so tired of being negative with my team. I WANT us to win this Sunday and I WANT Dallas, New York G and Philly to lose. One game and one week at a time. We'll deal with week 3 when it comes. I just want a "W" on Sunday.

But you know what? For the first time in a long time, I'm trying to get myself to stop thinking like that. I know it's hard from what we've had to go through as fans for the last 20 years, but I so tired of being negative with my team. I WANT us to win this Sunday and I WANT Dallas, New York G and Philly to lose. One game and one week at a time. We'll deal with week 3 when it comes. I just want a "W" on Sunday.

Makes sense...I think I'll get there too. I'm still smarting from 1996 (7-1), 2000 (6-2), 2003 (3-1), and 2008 (6-2)...but I'll get there if we continue to look like we have all pre-season and last week. And, don't get me wrong...I actually want those things to happen, but it's my natural fan-hedging that is convincing myself why a Dallas W on Sunday would be OK. In no scenario do I want the Skins to do anything but crush the Cards...

Archived