Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aikman is not unbiased... "The story of the game is how badly the Giants are playing!"

tr1

Please, if you don't like these threads avoid them.

That'll make you and me feel better.

:rotflmao:

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 02:35 AM ----------

Amen.

If Aikman were truly the astute commentator many believe he is, he would have said that this team is the most competitive Skins team since the Gibbs II era. That this coaching staff has rebuilt the team to resemble a legitimate NFL football team. That the Skins can't be taken lightly and now have a core of young players who can only get better.

There's a culture of Skins' fans who are so accustomed to criticizing the Skins, it's almost impossible for them to see the change.

We used to have a more informed and classier set of fans...some are still around, but there are plenty of exceptions as evidenced by this board.

God forbid anyone should be a Skins 'homer' anymore.

:rolleyes:

One Game doesnt make a season if we come out next few weeks and we play the way we did last year then we are not improved

I've never understood the hate for Aikman. He's great at what he does. If you want to cherry pick one quote from when they were joking around and call it a conspiracy, feel free. But it's hardly fair.

Yes, he's very good at what he does, but his bias shines through clearly in every Redskin game he calls. I still think he is a good announcer.

I think what tr1 is saying is "Aikman is not allowed to say anything unflattering about the Redskins, and must point out every positive".

That's his right to feel that way I guess.

My personal feeling are that I enjoy Buck and Aikman very much in the booth. Aikman especially because he will make negative statements about players, coaches, and teams.

Towards the end of his career John Madden just refused to say ANYTHING disparaging about ANYONE. LT whiffs on the LB and the QB gets creamed, its a "great play by the LB". Well maybe, but it was also a **** play by the LT. I want an announcer who will point that out. Which is why I'm glad Madden retired, he was just unlistenable from about 2000 onward.

I've come to appreciate announcers like Collinsworth and Aikman who aren't scared of the blogosphere and overly-sensitive 40 year old ******* who cry when they feel their team has been "dissed". Makes for a much more interesting broadcast.

And say what you want, but the Giants did play like **** in the 2nd half yesterday. Eli was flat out missing wide open receivers with no pressure in garbage time. That's just awful.

I had NO idea tr1 was a paid professional announcer covering NFL teams. Way to go, tr1! :thumbsup:

Aikman clearly strives to be unbiased in a manner that befits the integrity of sports journalism even if he isn't always successful.

tr1 is biased in a manner that goes so far above and beyond reason that it doesn't really befit anyone or anything short of the likes of well-known, insufferable wind bags like Rush Limbaugh (for the lefties), Keith Olbermann (for the righties), or Colin Cowherd (for everyone else).

Aikman clearly strives to be unbiased in a manner that befits the integrity of sports journalism even if he isn't always successful.

tr1 is biased in a manner that goes so far above and beyond reason that it doesn't really befit anyone or anything short of the likes of well-known, insufferable wind bags like Rush Limbaugh (for the lefties), Keith Olbermann (for the righties), or Colin Cowherd (for everyone else).

Aikman is professional sports announcer PAID to be unbiased, and is expected to be so.

tr1 is a message board Redskins fan.

Raise your hands if you see why the standards of objectivity of each of these men should never be the same.

Aikman or Buck sound so sleepy most of the time, I don't see how anyone could depict any bias in what they say? Aikman seems to think the job of the color commentator is to describe everything that is happening on the field.

"You are exactly right, Joe. They are playing football on a one-hundred yard long field today."

I do agree with Zoony on Collinsworth. Collinsworth is the only announcer who leaves me thinking, "I learned something tonight." His analyis of Revis last night was fascinating.

Madden was that way in his prime. Madden from the mid-80s to the mid-90s taught a generation of people how to watch pro football. And now, every one of those people is an ******* on a message board talking about cover 3.

Madden was that way in his prime. Madden from the mid-80s to the mid-90s taught a generation of people how to watch pro football. And now' date=' every one of those people is an ******* on a message board talking about cover 3.[/quote']

I remember as a 13 or 14 year old being incredibly upset at the TV whenever Madden called games. He would constantly rip on the Redskins. What I didn't realize though at the time was that he was just as harsh on the other team, and what he was saying was generally true. i.e. Alvin Walton sucked ass in coverage. Deal with it.

I imagine that's a lot how TR1 feels watching the skins today. STrange to compare 13 year old emotions to a 50 year old, but whatever.

Towards the end of Madden's career (maybe 5 years or so before the end) I remember Peter King mentioning once that "Madden just refuses to say ANYTHING bad about ANYONE"... after that I really started to pay attention. And it was true. You could ask John Madden the most layup question, like "what do you think about Ryan Leaf after 2 seasons in the NFL?" And he would answer with "Well, if you gave Ryan Leaf Walter Payton, the '83 Hogs, the '85 Bears defense, and Jerry Rice, I think he could surprise some people" or some other nonsense.

That's not analysis. That's crap.

I also very much like Buck's play by play. He's the best in the business.

I remember as a 13 or 14 year old being incredibly upset at the TV whenever Madden called games. He would constantly rip on the Redskins. What I didn't realize though at the time was that he was just as harsh on the other team, and what he was saying was generally true. i.e. Alvin Walton sucked ass in coverage. Deal with it.

I imagine that's a lot how TR1 feels watching the skins today. STrange to compare 13 year old emotions to a 50 year old, but whatever.

Towards the end of Madden's career (maybe 5 years or so before the end) I remember Peter King mentioning once that "Madden just refuses to say ANYTHING bad about ANYONE"... after that I really started to pay attention. And it was true. You could ask John Madden the most layup question, like "what do you think about Ryan Leaf after 2 seasons in the NFL?" And he would answer with "Well, if you gave Ryan Leaf Walter Payton, the '83 Hogs, the '85 Bears defense, and Jerry Rice, I think he could surprise some people" or some other nonsense.

That's not analysis. That's crap.

I also very much like Buck's play by play. He's the best in the business.

I think I hate Tim McCarver so much that it makes me hate Joe Buck even on football broadcasts. I would like experience Buck without McCarver during baseball season and see how I do.

Madden had one big bias in his prime. He loved Bill Parcells and the Giants. He was usually fair and detailed with everyone, but when the Giants were playing, he suddenly had anecdotes about their backup center and always simply adored whoever their third-down back was. I also always got the impression that he had no relationship at all with Gibbs. Then again, it didn't seem like Gibbs had any "guy" in the media, whereas Parcells seemingly drank with everyone. So when the Giants played the Skins, he probably did seem biased in favor of the Giants. And since those games often decided who went to the NFC title game...that was an issue.

But, yea, his last ten years were bad. It seemed like once Summerall started to lose it, he just stopped caring. He was a gazillionaire with an aging broadcast partner and all his old football buddies were either dead or retired or Al Davis.

It's funny when tr1 gets a hemorrhoid over someone else being biased.

Pot, kettle.

I had NO idea tr1 was a paid professional announcer covering NFL teams. Way to go, tr1! :thumbsup:

I strive to find the connection between my statement and your interpretation of what I said. No matter how I comb, however, it eludes me.

It's funny when tr1 gets a hemorrhoid over someone else being biased.

Pot, kettle.

Why am I not surprised that you can't lol...

Keep reading the thread, the answer is waiting for you.

I read the thread. I read your posts. Your logic is heinously fallible.

According to you, tr1's bias, is completely acceptable, based upon the fact that he's a Redskins fan. His exorbitant, shoot-me-to-the-moon, daily nonsense is perfectly appropriate and admirable, simply because he spews it on a regular basis? Truth be told, I'm not even sure tr1 is a Redskins fan. I think he might just hate the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys.

Yet, a few quotes plucked out of context convince you that Troy Aikman has some unspeakable vendetta against the Redskins? So he was a Cowboy, we all know it. For him to be recognized by most of Redskins nation as an unbiased announcer, and very deserving of being on Fox's A-team, is a surefire sign that he's fair.

A few message board cynics can revel in their loathing camaraderie all they want.

I read the thread. I read your posts. Your logic is heinously fallible.

According to you, tr1's bias, is completely acceptable, based upon the fact that he's a Redskins fan. His exorbitant, shoot-me-to-the-moon, daily nonsense is perfectly appropriate and admirable, simply because he spews it on a regular basis? Truth be told, I'm not even sure tr1 is a Redskins fan. I think he might just hate the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys.

Yet, a few quotes plucked out of context convince you that Troy Aikman has some unspeakable vendetta against the Redskins? So he was a Cowboy, we all know it. For him to be recognized by most of Redskins nation as an unbiased announcer, and very deserving of being on Fox's A-team, is a surefire sign that he's fair.

A few message board cynics can revel in their loathing camaraderie all they want.

It's sad that you need this explained to you. But, being the nice guy I am, I'll do it lol :thumbsup:...

The only way your "pot/kettle/black" comment can make ANY sense whatsoever is if both Aikman and tr1 are in the same situation and scenario.

Guess what: they aren't.

It would be akin to a single 21 year old man having a one night stand, and a married 42 year old father of 3 having a one night stand...and then claiming that the 21 year old has no room to criticize the 42 year old for his actions because he had a one night stand, too lol.

The stupidity level on that type of thinking is off the charts.

If you're claiming that there's no reason Aikman should be held to any higher level of objectivity than an anonymous message board poster, then I don't know what to say.

Unfortunately, I've suffered through every Buck/Aikman game when they've covered the pukes during the last five year (which, basically was most of the games they covered) and the puke love was readily apparent, even when they were getting the snot kicked out of them...memorable lines like, "It's very disappointing that a team with this much TALENT....yada...yada...yada."

I'm not making this up. I watch these guys work these games, and it's been nauseating beyond belief.

And, when Aikman says what he said yesterday (see the title of this thread), if he's not biased, then he's pretty football stupid...something I've never heard him accused of.

Just sayin'

;)

And did Buck really say that Aikman jumped out of his chair when he thought the Giants might get an INT? lol *scratches head*

That was a comment Buck made on one of Grossman's high throws that someone bailed him out on. Seriously, a lot of you guys don't comprehend comments announcers make very well. tr's comment about what Aikman said is another example. Like another poster stated, some of you guys hear what you want to hear.

Archived