Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why FOX why??

EXJAY

To Redskins21 and Kleese,

There are a lot of people on here who don't have the option of getting direct TV, I'm one of them in the house I'm renting. I don't actually have a local sports bar that shows all the games, I could probably find one within and hours drive, but then watching the game takes all day.

I gladly pay for NHL Gamecenter to watch the Caps games online, and I wish I had the same option for the Skins.

You got it. Apartment complex dosent allow sat dishes installed or for that matter even put on your porch (sheesh). Also, we get full cable included so im kinda screwed. I know i can go to a few placed near by to watch but we got a nice BBQ set up for this evening and a few buds swinging by. guess its panthers on the big screen today. Just wanted to see if i could find something online to watch on the side thats all.

As a person who lives in SC that is why I have the Sunday NFL Ticket because I don't want to watch the Panthers every week.

This! Exactly why I got the ticket..........that and tired of putting up with idiot fans of other teams at the bar every Sunday.

But in the OP's defense, he said he was a college student, so Direct TV and NFL Sunday Ticket probably is a] out of his budget b]lives on campus and it's not allowed c] lives in an off campus apartment and it's not allowed or d] Lives where it's allowed, but no direct line of sight available that's needed for the satellite.

You got it. Apartment complex dosent allow sat dishes installed or for that matter even put on your porch (sheesh). Also, we get full cable included so im kinda screwed. I know i can go to a few placed near by to watch but we got a nice BBQ set up for this evening and a few buds swinging by. guess its panthers on the big screen today. Just wanted to see if i could find something online to watch on the side thats all.

I'm not meaning to bust your chops, just pointin out that anyone that really wants to see the game can do so without shelling out tons of cash.

And HBnotblades.... For me, seeing the games was always worth it, even it was a king drive or inconvenient. When I was freshmen in college we obviously didn't have ST in the dorms and I didn't have a car. My friends that did have cars were always still asleep from the night before and weren't up in time to take me anywhere... AND there wasn't a bar on campus that had ST (this was 1996 before ST was so common). So every Sunday I'd call a cab and have him drive me out to the edge a town to this joint that had it. I'd just stay there from 11:00-6:30 or so and hopefully call a buddy to come get me. If not, it was back in the cab.... It just all depends on how badly you want to see it and what it matters to you. I'm not trying to give anyone grief and I'm not calling out your fanhood, just pointing out that the "I have no way to see the game" stuff really isn't true

I don't mean to be rude or anything but how is it that you can be as devoted to posting on a message board but can't plan ahead enough and bite the bullet to pay for NFL Sunday Ticket. If you are in an area that can't get DirecTV then I sort of get it but I would have to think the price, ever increasing, is well worth getting to watch and record Redskins games all year long! I guess that I just don't get how anyone can be geographically challenged and NOT have the Sunday Ticket? FWIW, I am a single father or 2 and on a single income and it's that important to me to save $30.00 a month to know I am going to get to see the Redskins no matter what the schedule or how far away I am. I just really don't get it, I've paid for the Sunday Ticket on DirecTV for years now, and then when they started to not show them on the 700's when they were playing locally (I had trees in the way that didn't allow my dish to get locals) I paid Charter for local channels as well. I am not questioning anyone's loyalty and I DON''T pretend to know anyone's financial situation, however I just find my self perplexed with these threads when IMO a relatively reasonable solution is right at your fingertips. Yes it sucks that the price keeps going up, but heck, what could be better than knowing you have access to watch and record EVERY Redskins game? Sorry EXJAY, I hope you find a suitable solution, however I'd highly recommend you sign up for DirecTV, heck the Sunday Ticket package is free this year, you get a 2 year contract I think but then next year you can budget for it and you'll never look back IMO. Good luck, HTTR!!!

I grew up in Reston VA watching the Skins play and find myself "qualified" to post here as a fan but dont understand WTF having Direct TV has to do with being a "real fan" of the skins. Just looking for some online suggestions to my situation short of going out to the bar.

I grew up in Reston VA watching the Skins play and find myself "qualified" to post here as a fan but dont understand WTF having Direct TV has to do with being a "real fan" of the skins. Just looking for some online suggestions to my situation short of going out to the bar.

The online solutions are all of course illegal and the quality and reliability is usually crap. Much better to either go to sports bars (you don't have to drink alcohol, just buy some food) or buy NFL Sunday Ticket. You can get it without DirectTV now via PlayStation 3.

(Illegal) Yeah I'm going to a party/cookout with a Vikings fan, I'm going to try to tell him as politely as possible that if the skins game isn't on at 4, I'll be going to a bar... I hope he doesn't get offended...

I hate the Panthers!!! They have ruined most of my Sundays since they have come to existence. I really hope that the Panthers will move to L.A. or Vegas in the near future!!!

same here guys. **** the panthers. i'll be scrounging around for the game online today. i'm hosting a cookout at the house today so i can't just leave to go to a bar. or can I.....???

I live in California and have never not watched a 'Skins game since my early teens. Never paid for NFL ticket either. I just decided that if I couldn't watch the games at home, I'd have to find a place to watch them. Sports bars have been my best friend for over a decade now. If I am going to spend $300, it is going to be on food and beverages to go along with the game, not merely to watch the games themselves.

Either way you slice it, Season ticket, Sportsbars, Online streams.....there are ways to get the games. Only game I can remember missing was for my wife's best friends wedding......and I was getting constant updates via texts...hahaha.

**** the Panthers.

Went with the PS3 thing this year, but have had Directv for 8 years.

In my estimation, the Panthers mere, pathetic existence has cost me around $2600.

Thanks a lot, ***holes.

best post ever! same boat here...even panthers fans dont want to see the games most sundays

Let's see here. Be able to pay bills,keep a little gas in the care,oh and of course,eat. Or,take some of that money,risk not having enough gas or enough to eat,and pay for direct t.v. or go to a sports bar. Hmmmmm. I'm thinking some may have other priorities here. Keep in mind that there are some,if not many,who are barely getting by as it is. That monthly payment for DTV or disposable income for some appetizers at the local sports bar isn't there.

Your apartment building can not legally prevent you from using a sat dish under many circumstances.

Go search the sat forums for apartment building.

---------- Post added September-11th-2011 at 12:26 PM ----------

Also, if you live somewhere that it is illegal for you to use sat, or you can't get sat at your location, you can pay $350 and get Sunday Ticket to watch on PC without DirecTV service.

Go to DTV site and check it out. You simply have to check a box saying "I certify that I am not able to subscribe to DIRECTV TV service at my current address."

Just wanted to point out to the rest of the Charlotte/Carolinas guys that were posting in this thread earlier that there looks to be a GREAT chance that fox shows the skins in the 1 oclock game in our region this coming week. Our closest competitor is Tampa Bay, so i'm optimistic that we will get the game.

Archived