Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why FOX why??

EXJAY

Ugg.. anyone have a online source to watch the game tomorrow? earlier this week my cable provider was showing the giants/skins game (FOX) as scheduled on the guide but all of a sudden today its now the panthers/cards on all FOX and FOXHD channels?

Ugh. As someone who also lives just close enough but just far enough away from DC to unexpectedly get a Skins game thrown my way from time to time, I feel your pain. This week, the schedule is rock solid for me though, since Fox shows all Giants games where I live. Atually, I have it fairly good, because FOX NY shows all Giants games and FOX Philly shows all Eagles games, and my cable provider carries both cities. That's 4 guaranteed Redskins games per year (Woo-Hoo!)

Ugg.. anyone have a online source to watch the game tomorrow? earlier this week my cable provider was showing the giants/skins game (FOX) as scheduled on the guide but all of a sudden today its now the panthers/cards on all FOX and FOXHD channels?

The 506 had you with the Panthers from the start.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?353051-Carolinas-when-are-skins-OTA-(on-regular-broadcast)&p=8507298&viewfull=1#post8507298

That's probably the best place to get game maps. Myrtle Beach does seem to run Skins more than other places nearby. I'm just close enough to Myrtle to have considered paying for a strong antenna to get your extra games, but haven't caved yet.

Remember that anyone with DirecTV has a Sunday Ticket preview this weekend. Find someone with DirecTV and a team that doesn't play at 4 and crash.

I'm in college in Huntington and Im too young to go to a bar.

not sure what games are coming on I know its just basic cable in my room though

nah you're just to young to drink. sports bars don't kick out underage kids or anything, they're usually family places.

I'm in college in Huntington and Im too young to go to a bar.

not sure what games are coming on I know its just basic cable in my room though

I'm pretty sure your school has rock-solid internet. Just stream the game (that is, unless you're a stickler for getting the best picture and sound quality).

I have the exact answer. I work for FOX affiliate in OKC but I don't have a hand in deciding what games to air. We are Cowboys market first. In Adrian Peterson's rookie year our managment decided that the Vikings were our second choice if the Cowboys were on Sunday night, Monday night, a bye week, or a time that the Cowboys didn't conflict in a doubleheader situation. As a result I lost about 3 games a year to Adrian Peterson. Now Sam Bradford is a St. Louis Ram. The Rams are NOW our second choice and the Vikings are third. Your game was changed because of Cam Newton plain and simple.

I don't mean to be rude or anything but how is it that you can be as devoted to posting on a message board but can't plan ahead enough and bite the bullet to pay for NFL Sunday Ticket. If you are in an area that can't get DirecTV then I sort of get it but I would have to think the price, ever increasing, is well worth getting to watch and record Redskins games all year long! I guess that I just don't get how anyone can be geographically challenged and NOT have the Sunday Ticket? FWIW, I am a single father or 2 and on a single income and it's that important to me to save $30.00 a month to know I am going to get to see the Redskins no matter what the schedule or how far away I am. I just really don't get it, I've paid for the Sunday Ticket on DirecTV for years now, and then when they started to not show them on the 700's when they were playing locally (I had trees in the way that didn't allow my dish to get locals) I paid Charter for local channels as well. I am not questioning anyone's loyalty and I DON''T pretend to know anyone's financial situation, however I just find my self perplexed with these threads when IMO a relatively reasonable solution is right at your fingertips. Yes it sucks that the price keeps going up, but heck, what could be better than knowing you have access to watch and record EVERY Redskins game? Sorry EXJAY, I hope you find a suitable solution, however I'd highly recommend you sign up for DirecTV, heck the Sunday Ticket package is free this year, you get a 2 year contract I think but then next year you can budget for it and you'll never look back IMO. Good luck, HTTR!!!

What rdskns21 said... I just don't get it. If you simply can't afford ST or live in a situation where you can't get a dish, then I don't understand why people don't just hit the local sportsbar. Places like Fox and Hound, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc all carry the games and none of them are bars per se. You don't need to be 21 to go watch.

I've had ST since 1999, but from 90-98 I went to sportsbars and back then it was MUCH tougher to get the games... And yes I was 13 when I started going.

If you live in the United States and don't have a time conflict, there really is no reason for you to miss a game you want to see.

For any of you out of market guys with DirecTV, they usually give everyone the first week of Sunday Ticket free, so just keep that in mind.

This is where we say, "Thanks, but please read the thread before posting."

You live in SC, the Panthers will always get shown first.

I hate the Panthers.

Myrtle Beach gets a surprisingly large amount of Skins games, maybe one or two more per year than the rest of SC. I don't know if the coast is relatively immune from the Panthers, but there are a lot of Skins jerseys in the bars out here. Also note that Augusta and Hilton Head get the Skins this week.

And you don't have to shell out $300 (or $180 or whatever the going rate is when you talk to the right DirecTV rep) plus $50 a month for DirecTV to be a "real" fan. Sheesh. Why don't all you guys with DirecTV cancel your subscriptions, use that cash to grab season tickets, and start hopping on the train or plane? The view from the Cave isn't that bad...

169265013_114c824e82.jpg

View by rufwork, on Flickr

Start driving now! ;)

The only good thing about the Panthers is that once every six years the Skins play an extra regular season game closer to the Carolinas than DC, Dallas, Philly, and NYC.

To Redskins21 and Kleese,

There are a lot of people on here who don't have the option of getting direct TV, I'm one of them in the house I'm renting. I don't actually have a local sports bar that shows all the games, I could probably find one within and hours drive, but then watching the game takes all day.

I gladly pay for NHL Gamecenter to watch the Caps games online, and I wish I had the same option for the Skins.

Archived