Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per RotoWorld: Jaguars Cutting David Garrard ... Should the Skins Have Interest?

SkinsNoles21

I think it's a pretty crappy thing for the Jags to do. Getting released a couple of days before the opener really gives him no chance to latch on anywhere. He would have to learn a new offense and I doubt that at this point in the season (barring injury for a QB) any team will even take a chance on him right now.

They had to know they were going to do this before today.

Only he wasn't a stopgap. He was a pretty good starter for them.

When you trade up to draft Blaine Gabbert at #10 overall, he becomes a stopgap. I don't agree with cutting him, as Gabbert needs seasoning on the bench, but that's how it is.

They cut him, really? My God what are they thinking? This should be interesting.

That was my thought. Garrard was a nice lead-up to their shiny new rookie nwho is in no way ready to take the reigns. I DON'T think the Skins should add him however! Garrard will be a nice add for some team desperately needing a QB, but he does not fit the retooling effort going on here. We have far more pressing needs.

I think the consensus is already in, especially since it's such a no-brainer anyway. And in the spirit of keeping threads that become more clutter than not off the front page (knowing people often post on anything regardless of how pointless, thus keeping such past their deserved life) I am closing it. It's no slight to the OP. And I may do this more often, we'll see.

Archived