Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per JLC, Rexy to start versus Giants (Merged 2x)

Oldskool

I'll take " Preseason means absolutely nothing (see 2002 Redskins), the real season starts Sunday for $700, Alex"

Rex & John will be running for their lives all year by opposing Dlines & LBs. Book it!

In that case, I'll take "OH ****! Now the REAL pressure starts. Giants D for 3 picks and 2 fumble recovery's off Rex" for the game please Alex.

Hail.

NFL.com

Jason La Canfora

Grossman set to start Week 1 for Redskins

Published: September 5th, 2011

Rex Grossman will be the Redskins’ starting quarterback in Week 1, according to team sources.

Grossman had been battling all training camp with John Beck, who missed time due to injury and also had the lockout working against him.

Coach Mike Shanahan informed the quarterbacks of his decision over the weekend, according to the sources.

Grossman will face the Giants to open the season, and the situation will be re-assessed through the year. Despite more playing time in the Redskins’ system, Grossman has been prone to erratic play throughout his career, and Shanahan has spoken highly of Beck.

I'll take " Preseason means absolutely nothing (see 2002 Redskins), the real season starts Sunday for $700, Alex"

Rex & John will be running for their lives all year by opposing Dlines & LBs. Book it!

People who don't think the preseason matters are my favorites to go against in Fantasy Football

It's how you can get steals like Antonio Brown and Lance Hendricks late as crap in a draft like I did

These guys who by the end of the season will be household names and anyone could see it coming by paying attention to preseason games

And its because of the attitude that preseason doesn't matter is why I've won my leagues for the last 7 years and counting

Truth is this preseason meant a hell of a lot to this team then you'd ever give them credit for

If you think that preseason had nothing to do with this correct selection then you just have been living in a hole this preseason

And NC21 is right, anyone who watched the Ravens game could see why Rex was choosen over Beck

If you want a breakdown of that game look at my post history, play by play broken down for these two with the clear cut winner Rex Grossman

In that case, I'll take "OH ****! Now the REAL pressure starts. Giants D for 3 picks and 2 fumble recovery's off Rex" for the game please Alex.

Hail.

Gibbs Hog Heaven, brace yourself for the massacre Sunday. I can see the gameday kneejerk reaction thread now lol

"Fire Shanny" "Put Beck in" "Rex is on this team because" "I thought Rex knew the offense" "We should have run more in the second half" "Why is Reed always being picked on" "What happened to our D" " But we looked good in the preseason" "We should have traded Cooley"

April 2012 couldn't come sooner!

Hail!

Gibbs Hog Heaven, brace yourself for the massacre Sunday. I can see the gameday kneejerk reaction thread now lol

"Fire Shanny" "Put Beck in" "Rex is on this team because" "I thought Rex knew the offense" "We should have run more in the second half" "Why is Reed always being picked on" "What happened to our D" " But we looked good in the preseason" "We should have traded Cooley"

April 2012 couldn't come sooner!

Hail!

Those threads are the reason i hate extremeskins on Sundays after losses. People say some really irrational crap sometimes, half the posters remind me of Chad Dukes.

Those threads are the reason i hate extremeskins on Sundays after losses. People say some really irrational crap sometimes, half the posters remind me of Chad Dukes.

Its allot of Kool-Aid and Redskin rose colored glasses here

The Skins have questions marks and holes in some very important positions on both sides of the ball. Its going to be an interesting year to assess our young guys. The nothing more, nothing less.

Despite your personal feelings on two QBs who in he grand scheme aren't that far apart, I think it's refreshing to know that this truly is a meritocracy now, and when Shanahan says it's an open competition, it truly is OPEN, with the best on field performance winning.

Whether or not Beck has more upside, it was pretty clear that Rex played better throughout the preseason. I hink this is a good message to the team that the only thing that matters in on field play.

The best player will play. This is a good thing.

Archived