Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per JLC, Rexy to start versus Giants (Merged 2x)

Oldskool

Rex outplayed Beck during the preseason. No complaints here (besides the fact that our only choices were Rex and Beck in the first place)

Edit: Just read that this was reported by La Canfora. I doubt that he would be able to get any inside information before one of our local reporters.

Very surprising if JLC was able to Scoop Shanahan. I'm not really sure what source JLC still has in the organization, but he is anti-redskins and I would think Shanahan would be very aware of information being dissseminated by the staff, particularly this type of sensitive information.

What makes you think this is "sensitive" information?

The Giants wouldn't prepare any differently for either QB. They aren't that different.

Omg the negative comments, one game at a time. We don't know who's gonna start. Rex or beck good luck to either. Jesus Mary and Joseph, I remember when Hightower came here, here goes the fumbles he's going to get hurt bla bla bla. One game at a time let espn write what they wanna write let Jason say what he wants to say about redskins.

Let's ALL be faithful to our redskins "one game at a time"

I watched the last game of the season again last night -- Grossman versus the Giants. 2 fumbles and an INT, hot and cold performance IMO. I don't think we win with a similar performance, hopefully the 2011 version of Grossman is better

Moss fumbled too. If we play anything like we did last year, giving up the ball four times, no way we win.

this couldnt be kept a secret all week, itd have been poor coaching to keep these guys in the dark as to who was starting. and one of them would be taking first team reps all week, and we'd have seen who that was.

so our starter is rex grossman. i never thought id be saying that.

I believed they knew soon after the Bucs game.

Just wait. If Grossman goes out with injury or does not do well. Beck is going to come in and light it up cause he has nothing to lose. I honestly think the person that is declared starter isn't the "winner", more like "if you screw up, your replacement will be ready". It would be the same vice-versa if Beck had gotten the start.

Like everyone is saying I think Rex gives us the best chance to win so I have no problem with the decision .The only problem I see is what if we pull Rex for beck and he doesn't play well either . Do we go back to Rex or just ride out with beck ?

both of them are poor choices and neither is the future. neither QB is going to lead us to a lot of victories. the only hope for wins this year is leaning on our running game a lot, and our defense improving.

Archived