Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per JLC, Rexy to start versus Giants (Merged 2x)

Oldskool

Rex wasn't only the right choice...he was the only choice. I thought it was very apparently that Beck was overhyped. Beck stared down his first receiver and then checked down immediately if he was not open. The Shanahans also clearly had very different play calling for Beck, with more runs, rollouts, etc. to make things simpler for him. Grossman has had complete command of the offense all year. He has made all the reads and the throws. I look forward to see if he can keep it going!

Interesting decision, and it signals again just how stupid the media is. For the entire offseason they reported that Beck was "Shanahan's guy" and that he drew that he would be the starter just because Shanahan said some positive things about him. I even heard certain members of the media say Shanahan would name Beck the starter just so he could be "right".

I'm glad that Shanahan held a competition and awarded the job to the winner of that competition.

I'll take "People Who Didn't Watch The Ravens Game" for $500, Alex.

Or how about "People Who Did Watch the Bucs Game" for $1000, Alex

Cause they didn't look good that game, though I'm more inclined to hope that the first three weeks of preseason were a better indication of how they play through the year.

I think Rex goes on to have a stellar, career type year in terms of his play. We may not have a 2006 Chicago Bears season, but Rex will definitely prosper.

I agree. I don't think we'll see Beck again this year unless Rex has an injury and cannot start. Beck may be the odd QB out in 2012 when the team drafts their 1st round QB.

Archived