Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grossman to sit out vs Bucs?

MDTERPS27

I think this favors starting Beck week 1.

Offensive starters are playing in this game I believe so it's a perfect time to get Beck more game experience with them to build more chemistry.

Remember, this is not a normal off season. Normally I would agree with the back up QB starting in the 4th preseason game.

Now, if Beck looks really really terrible I can see them naming Grossman the starter for week 1 and giving him all of the reps. BUt as long as he doesn't blow it I think Beck is gonna start.

I agree, this is Beck's opportunity to solidify his starting position or blow it.

Redskins

Starters tonight on offense: John Beck, Evan Royster, Anthony Armstrong, Logan Paulsen, Niles Paul, Mike Sellers.

http://twitter.com/#!/Redskins/status/109401127447040000

Redskins

Starters on defense tonight: Chris Neild, Lorenzo Alexander, Keyaron Fox, Perry Riley, Rob Jackson, Phillip Buchanon, DeJon Gomes.

http://twitter.com/#!/Redskins/status/109401371396157440

Good chance Beck will be standing and watching with most of these guys week 1. If Rex was starting tonight with the same lineup and Beck wasn't playing all the Beck guys would be saying...Yup Becks the Starter they are resting the starters

Good chance Beck will be standing and watching with most of these guys week 1. If Rex was starting tonight with the same lineup and Beck wasn't playing all the Beck guys would be saying...Yup Becks the Starter they are resting the starters

Umm, but it looks like Rex is playing, and are people under the impression for some reason that Armstrong is not a starter?

While I would like to think that this means Rex has won the job, I would not put it by Shanny to mind F everyone by playing his starting Qb tonite....That being said I think its only fair as Rex got a whole game without Beck.

Im really looking to see who we are going to keep. While it may not be important to some in the NFL injuries are an everyday thing the guy who makes roster spot 53 could be the starter by week 4 and I wanna know what he has got.

Umm, but it looks like Rex is playing, and are people under the impression for some reason that Armstrong is not a starter?

Comcast is reporting Rex isn't playing....Joey T in the pregame interview also reported Rex is out. Where did you hear Rex was participating? Just Curious

Comcast is reporting Rex isn't playing....Joey T in the pregame interview also reported Rex is out. Where did you hear Rex was participating? Just Curious

Look at the 3rd page. Rex was in full pads and a helmet warming up while the other guys who aren't playing weren't dressed. One would assume that means he will play.

it is also possible they want to see Beck and how he does without Moss, Hightower, since injuries are part of the game and he might have to play without the best players at times

Right, and the smart way to get ready for game 1 is to see if you can get your starting QB injured one week before, in a meaningless preseason game.

Last year, Shanahan didn't dress a single regular seaons starter, for the 4th preseason game.

Just because Grossman is in uniform warming up, does not mean he's playing.

Also, why does everyone keep saying "its only fair he sits out this game for beck?" So he should be penalized because Beck got injured? Makes zero sense. Thats his fault.

Also, why does everyone keep saying "its only fair he sits out this game for beck?" So he should be penalized because Beck got injured? Makes zero sense. Thats his fault.

Some people just can't accept what most of us knew a while ago. Rex is the starter.

I think this favors starting Beck week 1.

Offensive starters are playing in this game I believe so it's a perfect time to get Beck more game experience with them to build more chemistry.

Remember, this is not a normal off season. Normally I would agree with the back up QB starting in the 4th preseason game.

Now, if Beck looks really really terrible I can see them naming Grossman the starter for week 1 and giving him all of the reps. BUt as long as he doesn't blow it I think Beck is gonna start.

Didn't see our starting FB/WR/RB in, maybe starters on OL and some DL are there.

Tell that to Shanahan since they clearly said during the game that Rex isn't playing because he had thrown a lot more passes this preseason than Beck had and they wanted to even it up.

This much is clear: the decision has been made. The question is did Rex sit out because he's starting or because Beck is starting and needs the reps? I didn't watch the game, so I don't know how much the other starters played- was first team in for as long as Beck or did he play with a lot of backups?

This much is clear: the decision has been made. The question is did Rex sit out because he's starting or because Beck is starting and needs the reps? I didn't watch the game, so I don't know how much the other starters played- was first team in for as long as Beck or did he play with a lot of backups?

He played with the entire starting offensive line and Armstrong but Moss, Gaffney, Hightower, Davis, and Cooley sat out.

Tell that to Shanahan since they clearly said during the game that Rex isn't playing because he had thrown a lot more passes this preseason than Beck had and they wanted to even it up.

Take a look around. No other starters on offense were playing. They didn't play Rex for a reason, theres no reason to risk the starting qb in a meaningless game. Why would they be prepping Beck to get ready for the Giants, by playing him with all backups? It literally makes no sense.

Even IF the decision still hadn't been made going into the game,Beck all but sealed the deal with his performance tonight.

Archived