Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT - Chris Johnson wants “fake” fans to shut up

Champskins

Posted by Mike Florio on August 31, 2011, 2:43 PM EDT

chris_johnson1.jpg?w=250 Getty ImagesFantasy football players want to see Texans running back Arian Foster get healthy, only because they care about their fantasy football teams. Other fantasy football players want to see Titans running back Chris Johnson get his rear end back to the team for the same reason.

And some of them apparently are giving Johnson an earful via Twitter. And Johnson doesn’t like it.

“Can these fake Titan fans STFU on my timeline I don’t have a regular job so don’t compare me to you and I can care less if uthink I’m greedy,” Johnson said via Twitter.

Johnson’s decision to lash out comes at a time when there are indications that the Titans will sweeten their offer for Johnson, but not to a level of sweetness that he desires.

Speaking of sweetness, can anyone envision Walter Payton telling fans, fake or real, to “STFU”?

C’mon, Chris. Fake and real fans pay the high salary you’re trying to get. Don’t bite the hands that help feed you.

:doh: Way to spit on the fans faces... bruh! We may not make your crazy money, that you truly do not deserve anyway, but these passionate fans are what bring your ignorant ass a job - nice gold teeth by the way, douche!

I laughed at what Arian Foster said, the man plays a game for a living and he gets mad because people playing a sub-game of that are concerned about their team? I hate to break it to Arian Foster, but if he couldn't run the ball like he does....the Texans wouldn't care about his well being either. NFL teams and Fantasy Football owners want the same thing, him to be healthy so they can win. How are fantasy owners somehow bad?

Anyways, thin skinned people and the internet are a bad combination.

NFL fans are generally mouth breathers and need to get over themselves with their "We pay your salary" nonsense. That doesn't give you a license to be stupid and ignorant. Just look in this thread......RBs are a dime a dozen.....yeah, RBs like CJ are all over the place. Idiots.

I guess if you play professional sports, you just need to cut your balls off and kiss everyone's ass......even the ones on your twitter calling you names. I mean, they are Titans fans, they deserve the ultimate level of respect. They pay CJs salary.

Whatever.

NFL fans are generally mouth breathers and need to get over themselves with their "We pay your salary" nonsense. That doesn't give you a license to be stupid and ignorant. Just look in this thread......RBs are a dime a dozen.....yeah, RBs like CJ are all over the place. Idiots.

I guess if you play professional sports, you just need to cut your balls off and kiss everyone's ass......even the ones on your twitter calling you names. I mean, they are Titans fans, they deserve the ultimate level of respect. They pay CJs salary.

Whatever.

He should be above it though, just because some random guy on the internet talks smack about you doesn't mean you have to reply back. You could just be the bigger man and pity him and go about your successful life. There is nothing good that was going to come from him replying back, he needs to think in the future.

The old saying "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." This is the internet, he would do well to remember it.

Whatever.

Holy ****, I find myself agreeing with WB. :ols:

Besides his 2000 yard season, Chris Johnson hasn't stood out above any other running back in the NFL. He's overrated off of that 2000 yard season. It's the truth.

Has not stood out over any other running back in the NFL? Come on.

Sure, the Redskins could not have used his 1,364 yards rushing (1,609 yards from scrimmage), 11 TDs and 4.3 yards per carry last year. Or in his rookie year, we certainly would not have wanted the 1,228 yards rushing (1,488 from scrimmage), 9 TDs and 4.9 yards per carry while splitting time.

What he said was not very well thought out, but I think you are exaggerating just a tad. He is still a top-3 running back in the NFL. He averages five yards a carry over his career and was still fourth in the league in rushing last year in an "off year."

There will always be 2-3 Running backs in a given season that are ahead of the pack when it comes to statistics, however the quote "they are a dime a dozen" holds some water when it comes to actually getting Wins.

What was the last Superbowl that was won on the back of a running back? The thing about the running back position is that if you have a good offensive line, along with Tight Ends and Wide Receivers who are decent blockers you are going to be able to fill in a starting running back from almost any NFL team and they will produce.

Once a generation a running back comes along that can do it all despite being on a horrible team. The last one we saw was Barry Sanders. Had he not retired, he would have had the best case to ask for a blank check, since he excelled despite being on a bad team with a mediocre O-line.

Whatever.

It's not often that I agree with you. But I definitely agree in this case.

:rotflmao: No he doesn't. All he cares about is the $$$$.

Then why sacrifice the accrued season towards FA? Why would he negotiate the restructured contract last year in the hopes of a long term deal? I agree he wants his money and IMO he should get it because he is the entire offense. But to me, he's showing that he wants to stay a Titan.

Then why sacrifice the accrued season towards FA? Why would he negotiate the restructured contract last year in the hopes of a long term deal? I agree he wants his money and IMO he should get it because he is the entire offense. But to me, he's showing that he wants to stay a Titan.

Because he has the mindset that he can't be replaced; which is wrong, because Javon Ringer and the rookie Jamie Harper would be a very solid combo. Johnson thinks the Titans will cave in the end, and he's trying to get as much out of them as he can, which is seemingly about to happen. He doesn't care about team. If he did, he'd be in camp, but he's missed every day of it, and that's why he's gonna end up getting hurt.

I think a few posters here didn't read the OP because Adrian Foster didn't say anything. It said that Fantasy owners want Foster to get healthy so they can forget about Chris Johnson because of the comments Johnson made and not for what Foster said. As for Chris Johnson, I understand how frustrating it can be but the dude is still under contract looking for a new one. He should be in camp getting ready for the season instead of being at home. He is losing money and losing out on chemistry with his Oline. So when he does get that big contract he is seeking he won't be effective for the team. So my advice is to him is to get back to camp and let it all work itself out. If he doesn't like what they are offering he can always become a FA. Someone will pay him for it especially if he has a good year. I will go on record to say that whenever Johnson gets his deal done with Tennessee he will have a very bad year and people will be saying that he didn't deserve that contract. So call the people who are making comments on your account "fake" but they pay your paycheck. If you have him as one of your backs in Fantasy then you will be very disappointed.

Archived