Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the Giants' QB battle was currently between Grossman and Beck, what would your assessment be?

Lombardi's_kid_brother

Legitimate question: If you were told that the Giants had still not decided who would be their starting QB on opening day and you were then told that the choices were Rex Grossman and John Beck, how would you honestly react?

A series of guffaws? Abject terror? Confusion? Perhaps an unexplained desire for corn chips?

I think we would be having some fun with that knowledge - or at least other people would. I hate fun.

I think those who only looked at it on the surface would be mocking as others employing that same POV with us are doing. But I think those that employed a more in-depth POV and took the time to actually analyze everything, would see their preseason performances coupled with their talent on O would say they could do worse at QB.

But with their OL woes I think most Skins fans would be hoping for Grossman to win that battle given his penchant for turnovers in the past when greatly pressured, coupled with the desire to not give too much credit to a division rival and the ease of dismissing preseason as preseason.

*edit- I think that's a good comparison you made Martin.

id definitely be laughing. We'd get to face two QBs whos combined record since 2007 is 3-12, one a proven turnover machine and the other a 30 year old unknown, both on a rebuilding team.

there isnt a single NFL fan right now thats worried about facing the redskins on their schedule. i hope that changes in the next few years when we get all the right pieces in place.

I'll go with the corn chips...

When you look at the QB situation in the NFC East, it's difficult to smile as a Redskins fan. Romo sits to pee, Eli, Vick and... Sexy Rexy? The Book of Beck? The rest of the NFL world gets a chuckle out of our predicament, but with Beck, at least there's the chance for a Rich Gannon-like surprise.

But, yeah, if the Giants - or Cowboys or Eagles - were in that boat, Redskins fans would be feeling pretty good about the misfortune of their rival.

Id think that we might finally beat the Giants for the first time in ages

I watched their game against the Jets and they looked out of synch on offense at least in the passing game. They ran it OK and that will be their bread and butter but Eli was not good especially on 3rd down. they did play well on defense although that might be because the Jets passing game was a series of check downs - Sanchez totally failed to test their secondary.

They will be tough to beat but it's a game we can win if we can keep Eli off balance.

I watched their game against the Jets and they looked out of synch on offense at least in the passing game. They ran it OK and that will be their bread and butter but Eli was not good especially on 3rd down. they did play well on defense although that might be because the Jets passing game was a series of check downs - Sanchez totally failed to test their secondary.

They will be tough to beat but it's a game we can win if we can keep Eli off balance.

we are 1-9 since 2006 against the giants, and wind helped us win that 1. we just cant beat that team ever.

My assessment would be to get ready for the Bradshaw and Jacobs show.

Which is still my first assessment of them right now.

It shouldn't be. They'll always run the ball, but Eli has thrown for 4,000+ and 30+ (with tons of INT's, of course) for a couple years running...and that defense isn't getting any better with the injuries they've had.

Well if I had not watched them or knew little more than I had read on ESPN et al I would be pleased and think - we can stop worrying about the Giants. Much like I felt when Parcells benched Drew Bledsoe for Tony Romo sits to pee.

That sums it up for me.

---------- Post added August-31st-2011 at 02:00 PM ----------

I could watch that over and over again.....que the Giants fan who posts the pic of LL getting run over..

we are 1-9 since 2006 against the giants, and wind helped us win that 1. we just cant beat that team ever.

So we should just not bother turning up? Its only preseason and I'm not counting on a win but we have looked a better football team than the Giants from what I have seen.

So we should just not bother turning up? Its only preseason and I'm not counting on a win but we have looked a better football team than the Giants from what I have seen.

were gonna fight our guts out for sure, we just never seem to beat them is all. i still dont think we're a good enough team to beat some of the better teams in our division/conference. someday we will be but not right now.

Archived