Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

National Sports Magazines 'Predict' That Our Beloved REDSKINS Will 'Stink'!?!

OlufemiBiz

I just hope all our opponents read these rankings (and believe them). It's always good to have an opponent who underestimates you.

Let's just let the team play the games (hard) and see where our record comes out. It will be sweet if (when) our team proves these "experts" wrong.

Very true -- we've pretty much blown goats since 1993. But really? 3 wins? Worse than the Panthers, Bills, Broncos, etc. etc.? Please. That's just idiotic. I'll put a sig bet with ANYONE the Redskins come nowhere near as bad as everyone is saying.

We aren't making the playoffs this year -- but we're not going to be bottom of the barrell (but we will still trade up for Jones/Barkley, MAYBE Luck, but I doubt it.)

dude, we were coming off an 8-8 season with zorn, campbell was in his 2nd year of the system, portis is portis, moss is moss, our oline was getting worse but still decent, and our defense still was ok, and we went 4-12 and lost to some abominable teams. yet somehow coming off a 6-10 season, with rex and beck at QB, tim fumbletower, a defense that had massive turnover, and in a tough division, we cant do 1 game worse? its easily doable.

There's nothing I hate seeing more on ES than ****ing about the media saying we will stink. Or that we have stunk. Or that we currently stink.

Newsflash. We have, in fact, stunk. They don't follow our team as closely as we do, and certainly don't give the Skins the benefit of the doubt.

When we don't stink, they will stop the "hate". Until then, just ignore it. Very little useful info comes from national media sources anyways.

Also, I think you may be confused about the proper usage of apostrophes, quotations and your caps-lock key.

However on the other hand nothing pisses me off more then ill informed media personel who feel the need to lable a team with out looking at what the team did to fix the problem and incorporating how their preseason has gone.

I have not been as fascinated with the Eagles and Dallas as the media has. As a matter of fact I'm betting the Skins do better then both this year. Especially after how Vick was raped the other night and threw 2 interceptions.

---------- Post added August-29th-2011 at 11:16 AM ----------

dude, we were coming off an 8-8 season with zorn, campbell was in his 2nd year of the system, portis is portis, moss is moss, our oline was getting worse but still decent, and our defense still was ok, and we went 4-12 and lost to some abominable teams. yet somehow coming off a 6-10 season, with rex and beck at QB, tim fumbletower, a defense that had massive turnover, and in a tough division, we cant do 1 game worse? its easily doable.

Love the enthusiasm by the way.... I'll agree that our QB's are no names elsewhere but they seem to look pretty good in this system. Portis is gone, your right Moss is Moss. Hightower seems to have found his niche in this system and we can only hope he has fixed the fumblitis.

The key is the defense which looks to be 10x better then they were last year since picking up a few new parts and having a year under their belts. Can they do worse.... I guess anyone can. The media's 2012 SB champ Eagles could win only 1 game this year. Will it happen? I doubt it. No different then I doubt the Skins will be worse then last year.

I thought they would "stink" too but that was before the preseason where they looked good to very good in every facet against Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, and Baltimore. Plus if you really break down the schedule it is the easiest they have had in a long time. There is a four game stretch where they play Carolina, Buffalo, San Francisco, and Miami. If they get off to a fast start they'll be competing for a wildcard spot.

Anyone who's watched two seconds of them in the preseason has seen the 180 degree shift on the field, to say they might not be "very good" yet is understandable but to "stink"? At best that's just not paying attention at worst it's downright malicious.

Carolina, Cincinnati, Seattle, Miami, Buffalo, those are the stinkers this year.

since spurrier came in:

2002: 7-9

2003: 5-11

2004: 6-10

2005: 10-6

2006: 5-11

2007: 9-7

2008: 8-8

2009: 4-12

2010: 6-10

so over the past 9 seasons, 5 of them have resulted in double digit losses, 2 were 500 or below, and 2 were above 500. and people cant understand why the media thinks we'll suck? we've sucked a lot for the past 2 decades, not much suggests we'll turn it around right now.

i dont have an issue with the media thinking that we suck, cuz we have been pretty bad..

i dont have an issue with some saying that we'll be last in the NFC east.

however, last in the league? thats is plainly a lack of research and a poor football prediction.

I'll agree that it is only preseason, and we could very well be as bad as last year. But watching these guys play, the OL cohesion, Hightower looks pretty damned good. I know we've sucked forever. We will, at best, a very mediocre team.

But there is NO way we are worse than the Bills, Bengals, Seahawks (have you seen their QBs?!)

Maybe I am being a homer, I just like this team this year...

I think a good thing to point out about the NFC east is that the Eagles are dead center in the spotlight, hanging everything on Vick, and going for the ride with all those fancy free agents.

I predict a collapse in Philly, and even if they do manage to win most of their games, they're still under the pressure. Whether they like it or not, they are the Miami Heat of the NFL this year.. difference is, there's only 16 games and you can't count on lebron or wade dunking it into the endzone in the 'regular' season. In this scenario, every game matters, and you can't just expect this 'awesome super team' to gel instantly. It doesn't work that way in the NFL, the guys they signed are older, and not only do I predict a fallout in Philly this year, but for the next few years to come... think about how screwed their roster will be super bowl win or not.

And when they're falling, the Skins are rebuilding and climbing to the top of the division. The Giants already have a sense of 'falling' and the Cowboys are just going to think they're awesome once again and will once again fail to succeed.

If we're talking about winning the NFCE, the Skins are in prime position to take advantage of the other teams' drama/pressure. Tom Coughlin will be fired if the Giants fail to make the playoffs. Andy Reid will be given at least 2 years with his super team and jason garret, IMO, is in over his head with the usual Dallas expectations. Much like Coughlin, he'll get the boot soon if the Boys suck.

Meanwhile, Snyder, Shannahan and all of Redskin nation knows that we are rebuilding. No expectations for THIS year. So we have options. Take advantage of the rest of the division, try to take the east. If not, next year, the Skins are looking very promising while the rest of the coaches in the NFCE are getting canned.

I love how things are going now in the NFCE

And if Shanny doesnt produce with a COMPLETE unknown in Beck and a has-been in Grossman - He and kyle will be canned in 2 years too and then what? Any team can play the imaginary " We are building and getting better and the rest of the teams are getting worse in my opinion "..game. Easily stated but ut actually has to occur. What makes you think these are the years after poster after poster in this thread has shown that every year for the last 20 years is the next rebuilding phase? The Eagles and Giants are young and are rebuilding as well - 2 of the youngest starting rosters in the NFC. In fact the Eagles will possibly be starting 5 rookies for the first time ever in teh modern era... That is rebuilding. Giants have one of the youngest Offenses and they were 10-6 last year - that is amazing - and these guys are proven - not just hopefully good.( which means nothing in the NFL). Your depiction is not quite accurate when you take of the B&G glasses and look at it from just facts in age of PROVEN starters vs. hope...

I'm not a big washingtonpost fan, specifically because of the jason's. I'm glad I read this though. He's just saying what all of us are thinking. Everyone outside thinks we are going to be awful, but have absolutely nothing to back it up other than that's what they think. We have improved at every position, including growing in exprience at some (Orakpo, Trent), how is it that we are going to get worse? I just don't get it.

To: ConnSkins26:

I have been a DIE-HARD Redskins Fan, since I came to America (1965)! I also fought in Southeast Asia (USNavSpecWar-Special Boat Unit). The only thing YOUR 'arrogant' behind has fought was keeping your nose level while you ambulate...

As a fellow veteran, one thing that pisses me off is seeing fellow service members throw their service in the face of others. We did our job. Be proud of that, but don't throw it in people's faces. Especially not on a football message board. Besides, I highly doubt you know what he's done in his life.

I have watched a lot of preseason and there are a bunch of teams worse than the Skins. San Fran, Panthers, Seattle, Jax, Bungles to name a few.

Yea I don't get it either. Cinci, San Fran, Panthers, Jax, Seattle, Cardnals, Vikings, Raiders, Buffalo, Miami, and I'm thinking even Denver with a whole new scheme to learn.

But we fans are here shouting for the media and league to stop slamming the Skins and putting them down and UNDERESTIMATING them, when in reality we really need for everyone to UNDERESTIMATE the Skins. Let everyone think we will be an easy win. Then maybe they won't have game planned very well and the Skins can supprise a few teams like say the Giants and Eagles in our first 4 games of the season.

I thought the Redskins would not be very good this year and I was okay with it because of the wish that we able to land a franchise QB in the draft.

However I must say that after 3 preseason games this team certainly doesn't look like a 4-6 win team. The defense seems much better up front and most shocking (to me anyway) is just how good the starting Oline looks at run blocking.

Right now, I tend to agree with Steinberg, 6-10 appears to be the bottom for what this team might be able to achieve this season.

As a fellow veteran, one thing that pisses me off is seeing fellow service members throw their service in the face of others. We did our job. Be proud of that, but don't throw it in people's faces. Especially not on a football message board. Besides, I highly doubt you know what he's done in his life.

Hey cut him some slack. He's clearly still pissed off he didn't get the warm fuzzy return the Vets got prior to him and after him.

since spurrier came in:

Blah Blah Blah.....

so over the past 9 seasons, 5 of them have resulted in double digit losses, 2 were 500 or below, and 2 were above 500. and people cant understand why the media thinks we'll suck? we've sucked a lot for the past 2 decades, not much suggests we'll turn it around right now.

1st of all thank you OlufemiBiz for posting this article, I missed this the first time around.

2nd of all BLC I like ya so don't get butt hurt over this but seriously wtf does the past few seasons have to do with anything? Do you not realize that this is a far better team this year then the squad we put out there last year by what you've seen so far? Like Mike said recently in his presser, anyone watching can see we are more talented on all sides of the ball. And that's not even mentioning that teams go from sugar to **** and **** to sugar over one season all the time in the NFL (well I just did mention it). I'm a realistic homer on all fronts and will be the first to throw some stones in the direction we need improvement on but simply to say that we are not seeing "much (that) suggests we'll turn it around right now" is just being silly.

---------- Post added August-29th-2011 at 11:24 AM ----------

As a fellow veteran comments by 20 something year olds acting like they seen something in the military like a 50 something year old to me gets just as much on my nerves as anything else out there. Just saying my opinion as a veteran as well. Today's military aint got a damn thing on what our fathers and grandfathers military was like. I've personally seen more **** then the average veteran out there and I still believe that 30 years ago things were much worse and different. Now I'm not starting a fight here or trying to take some ones side but when I see this comment followed up by another one like this

Hey cut him some slack. He's clearly still pissed off he didn't get the warm fuzzy return the Vets got prior to him and after him.

I'm going to say something. The gist of your post is right - this is neither the time or the place for flipping ID cards or war stories, this is a football forum but guys show some damn respect please to each other and lets all get along and stick to football. Just my opinion brother

I understand the media saying we will not be good and will be last in the NFCE, since that's pretty much where we've resided much of the past 2 decades, but predicting 3-13 or 2-14 is absurd. They are hinging that entirely on the facts that everyone knows Grossman is inconsistant, and Beck hasn't played so they assume he must not be any good. They overlook the fact that just about every other part of the team has been upgraded...RB, WR, both lines, and especially the defense in the second year of the 3-4 with players added that actually fit the scheme....and some of these so-called experts actually admit that, yet still say it won't matter.

That's fine...let them all underestimate us!!!

since spurrier came in:

2002: 7-9

2003: 5-11

2004: 6-10

2005: 10-6

2006: 5-11

2007: 9-7

2008: 8-8

2009: 4-12

2010: 6-10

Yes we have had a lot of painful seasons over the past decade. Yes we could very easily be in the bottom 1/4 of the league. But to say we will be the worst team in the league, when there are quite a few teams that I think will fair worse than us, is asinine. If that doesn't bother you, that's fine. However, it does bother me.

You think the Panthers, 49ers, Bills, Bengals, Browns, Cards, will have better records than us?

I don't, and I can think of a few more better teams from last year, that we could surprise.

As a fellow veteran comments by 20 something year olds acting like they seen something in the military like a 50 something year old to me gets just as much on my nerves as anything else out there. Just saying my opinion as a veteran as well. Today's military aint got a damn thing on what our fathers and grandfathers military was like. I've personally seen more **** then the average veteran out there and I still believe that 30 years ago things were much worse and different. Now I'm not starting a fight here or trying to take some ones side but when I see this comment followed up by another one like this

I'm going to say something. The gist of your post is right - this is neither the time or the place for flipping ID cards or war stories, this is a football forum but guys show some damn respect please to each other and lets all get along and stick to football. Just my opinion brother

Nice of you to stereotype me b/c of my age when it doesn't even have any bearing on the topic. It's not about what you or I or the OP experienced in combat. It reflects poorly on all of us when vets berate civilians like that. I don't care if I'm "20 something years old". I was taught better than that. If you disagree, that's fine. Thanks for your service.

I agree with Drew_fl. I've never served in the military because it wasn't a career choice of mine,there was not a draft and I had a congenital birth defect in my aorta that prevents me from serving. It was crap to berate civilians that have never served. The OP acts like if you don't serve, you are a scumbag. Well, my Grandfather was in WWII and my father served in Vietnam. So I do have an appreciation for the military, but this was not the time nor the place for him to bring that up.

Hi---allow me to introduce myselves :pfft:---I am a board moderator. :pint:

Henceforth, posters in this thread shall discuss football, preferably the actual topic as presented in the OP ;), and leave all other matters to PMs, or to a new thread in the tailgate discussing military service, changing vernacular styles across cultures and generations, or why iggle fans seem genetically predisposed to delusion. :)

You are Congolese? With a name like Olufemi? That is my son's middle name, and we're Nigerian. Are you Yoruba? We are everywhere, of course! If so, welcome!

Anyways, I too hate the media and their constant belittling of our team, but indeed we haven't given them much to praise over the past 20 years.

Even in 91, they didn't give the Skins their due until they were hoisting the Lombardi. Yet they are veritable priapism-sufferers when Dallas or New England are promising.

I really detest Jamie Dukes and Warren Sapp; they piss me off with their condescention. I would like nothing but to see 12-4 with Beck or Grossman as MVP, so we could watch them eat the crow.

Anyway, good luck to the Skins. I'll root for them lustily, rain or shine.

2nd of all BLC I like ya so don't get butt hurt over this but seriously wtf does the past few seasons have to do with anything? Do you not realize that this is a far better team this year then the squad we put out there last year by what you've seen so far? Like Mike said recently in his presser, anyone watching can see we are more talented on all sides of the ball. And that's not even mentioning that teams go from sugar to **** and **** to sugar over one season all the time in the NFL (well I just did mention it). I'm a realistic homer on all fronts and will be the first to throw some stones in the direction we need improvement on but simply to say that we are not seeing "much (that) suggests we'll turn it around right now" is just being silly.

so if we ignore history, every season can be different, yet a lot of the time, it isnt. the good teams stay good, the bad teams stay bad, every year theres a team or two that surprise, i just dont think we're gonna be it this year. rex and beck IMO are going to be very poor QBs despite what ive seen in preseason so far. you know where i stand on QBs, they dictate every teams success and while we might have upgraded our running game and our defense, i dont think itll be enough. the only real position i see thats been upgraded is the dline, and we already lost a key there.

until we get a franchise QB, or our defense proves it wont be 31st in the league (and hasletts track record is not pretty), i wont be sold on this squad. i like that we're building, but our oline still needs work, we're thin at real WR talent, behind hightower (who is a turnover machine) we have unproven rookies, and our defense is an unknown at the moment. so until i see it in real games, im going to assume we will suck.

and lets not forget something: all of the "bad" teams that people bring up trying to claim we will be better than, those teams' fanbases are doing the exact same thing: talking about changes that have made them better, stability at a few positions, key upgrades, things they see that look better this year, rookies that look good, etc. Carolina was coming off of an 8-8 campaign, do you think their fanbase thought they were going 2-14 last year? not a chance.

**** happens, and i personally think we're going to struggle badly this year. i think our chemistry is better, and theres things i like, but as a whole, we arent winning many games.

so if we ignore history, every season can be different, yet a lot of the time, it isnt. the good teams stay good, the bad teams stay bad, every year theres a team or two that surprise, i just dont think we're gonna be it this year. rex and beck IMO are going to be very poor QBs despite what ive seen in preseason so far. you know where i stand on QBs, they dictate every teams success and while we might have upgraded our running game and our defense, i dont think itll be enough. the only real position i see thats been upgraded is the dline, and we already lost a key there.

until we get a franchise QB, or our defense proves it wont be 31st in the league (and hasletts track record is not pretty), i wont be sold on this squad. i like that we're building, but our oline still needs work, we're thin at real WR talent, behind hightower (who is a turnover machine) we have unproven rookies, and our defense is an unknown at the moment. so until i see it in real games, im going to assume we will suck.

and lets not forget something: all of the "bad" teams that people bring up trying to claim we will be better than, those teams' fanbases are doing the exact same thing: talking about changes that have made them better, stability at a few positions, key upgrades, things they see that look better this year, rookies that look good, etc. Carolina was coming off of an 8-8 campaign, do you think their fanbase thought they were going 2-14 last year? not a chance.

**** happens, and i personally think we're going to struggle badly this year. i think our chemistry is better, and theres things i like, but as a whole, we arent winning many games.

:doh:

:doh:

3. Spam is strictly prohibited.

The following are some examples of what ES considers spam:

Very short posts that do not add value to the topic.

Example: posts with only the words, "I dunno," or "lol cool," or "in before close" or a quote of a post with only "smileys" added, or simply the word "this" and an upward arrow or "x2" added. If that is the only contribution you have to make to the discussion, this is not the place for you.

Back to the OP, yes, I have noticed that all the major publications have put the Skins either at the bottom or near the bottom of the NFL- and honestly, who could blame them?

I am excited about how things have looked in preseason, especially the running game. But preseason is preseason, and until we can see them do this in a game that counts, we can't draw any conclusions.

Now if the Skins come out and play like they have the past few weeks on September 11, in a game that counts against a good opponent, then we can start talking

Archived