Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who has really struggled this preseaon?

PeterMP

Easy now Old Fan. That was a reply fail on my part. I was trying to reply to some one referring to me writing him off. That quote is NOT mine. Hank’s problems aren’t physical, they’re that he has mental lapses watching the ball into his oversized hands.
Sorry about that.

Easy now Old Fan. That was a reply fail on my part. I was trying to reply to some one referring to me writing him off. That quote is NOT mine. Hank’s problems aren’t physical, they’re that he has mental lapses watching the ball into his oversized hands.

He's thinking about running for YAC before he's finished the catch IMO. A lot of his drops have been in stride or on pretty routine throws with YAC situations.

FWIW, I agree with OF about Hankerson. He's been less impressive than Niles Paul so far when I thought for sure it would be the opposite. Hankerson looks a little wide eyed right now while some of our other rookies came in with some polish, acting like they belong.

I'm surprised Aldrick Robinson hasn't gotten more opportunities. He's one of the most talented receivers on the roster and he's probably our fastest player on offense. I don't see the misplayed punts as being a big deal. He's new to returning punts and he wasn't the only one playing them poorly that night. It also doesn't effect him as a receiver. I doubt he makes the team unfortunately. I hope he makes it to the PS.

He's the kind of guy that could really benefit from a year on the PS though. For one thing, it'll give him the time he needs to build an NFL body. He's not weak, but he's light and could stand to add bulk to his frame. If you develop him successfully, he'll be a really dangerous deep threat receiver.

Peace Out Kelly........Get Out Of Here

Why is he still around? Because if you cut an injured player then you pay him 100% of his salary. They get him cleared to play and then he'll be gonzo.

---------- Post added August-27th-2011 at 07:54 PM ----------

He's thinking about running for YAC before he's finished the catch IMO. A lot of his drops have been in stride or on pretty routine throws with YAC situations.

FWIW, I agree with OF about Hankerson. He's been less impressive than Niles Paul so far when I thought for sure it would be the opposite. Hankerson looks a little wide eyed right now while some of our other rookies came in with some polish, acting like they belong.

I'm surprised Aldrick Robinson hasn't gotten more opportunities. He's one of the most talented receivers on the roster and he's probably our fastest player on offense. I don't see the misplayed punts as being a big deal. He's new to returning punts and he wasn't the only one playing them poorly that night. It also doesn't effect him as a receiver. I doubt he makes the team unfortunately. I hope he makes it to the PS.

He's the kind of guy that could really benefit from a year on the PS though. For one thing, it'll give him the time he needs to build an NFL body. He's not weak, but he's light and could stand to add bulk to his frame. If you develop him successfully, he'll be a really dangerous deep threat receiver.

I think they put Aldrick on the PS. Kid has tons of potential, problem is that he muffed those two punts but was never a PR at SMU. He reminds me of a faster version of Austin who has made Banks dispensible.

Your mother is stubborn because you are always right?

Nope. I admit when I am wrong. She can't. See the difference? So, when was the last time you admit you're wrong? :)

I dont think Aldrick will make the team. He hasnt done enough so far to get a spot.

I see some people saying the OL. The games I have been watching ones vs. ones our line has played really well against two of the better defenses in the NFL. Our running game against those defenses has been solid. Pass blocking could be better but overall the OL has been an improvement over last season. I mean best on best we have held our own in every game so far. It remains to be seen if we can do it for 4 quarters against those defenses.

Nope. I admit when I am wrong. She can't. See the difference? ...
Let's test that claim. This is the statement you made:
I stop debating with my mother a very long time ago. Once they hit certain age, you're not going to win. They are already set in the way they think about things.
You made the common logical fallacy called a "hasty generalization."

Even if you are right about your mother, you can't draw the conclusion that everyone her age is stubborn.

Hasty generalization is a logical fallacy of faulty generalization by reaching an inductive generalization based on insufficient evidence. It commonly involves basing a broad conclusion upon the statistics of a survey of a small group that fails to sufficiently represent the whole population.[1] Its opposite fallacy is called slothful induction, or denying the logical conclusion of an inductive argument (i.e. "it was just a coincidence"). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasty_generalization

So, will you admit you were wrong in making your statement about me?

As for your mother, you say you admit when you are wrong when you debate her. Isn't it possible that she might be right, but you don't realize it? I'm sure you didn't realize that your logic was flawed here until I pointed it out.

To me, the only guys who've really struggled are Chris Horton, Aldrick Robinson, Reggie Jones and Selvish Capers. Horatio Blades is right on the edge of "really struggling" but closer to "meh".

There are obviously a couple others who've struggled at times, but also have made some good plays like Leonard Hankerson, Kellen Clemons, Sean Locklear, Shaun Draughn, Rocky Mcintosh and Perry Riley. I'm sure I'm missing some. Riley is the most frustrating because you can obviously see he's extremely talented... just for whatever reason he's making mistakes here and there. If he'd be more consistent the guy can be an All-Pro ILB for us.

I think Trent Williams gets a lot of flack for essentially not being Chris Samuels . TW needs to improve because he has the string of down plays, for example against the colts, but overall I think he is doing a great job this season and the running game is going to make some of those huge plays we have got so used to from Shanahan offenses because of the overall athetisim of the line and the OL making massive blocks in the second level ...

Guys who are struggling :

Horton, blades - really do not see how they make the team

Riley*Will make the team but has lost out because of the lack of preseason and has not made the strides to really stand out .

I Still dont think the D is there - they as a unit are finding their way as a 3-4 unit ...

All the flak TW is getting is way, WAY overblown. I hate to remind people...but the Hogs, every single one of them, gave up sacks and had bad plays, and believe it or not.....bad games and even bad seasons. TW will be fine. He is one of the least of our worries.

All the flak TW is getting is way, WAY overblown. I hate to remind people...but the Hogs, every single one of them, gave up sacks and had bad plays, and believe it or not.....bad games and even bad seasons. TW will be fine. He is one of the least of our worries.

Agreed, 2cents. Silverback will be fine. Because of where he was selected in the draft, the media spotlight tends to be over-critical of him. I have noticed that Okung doesn't seem to get anywhere near the media scrutiny even though he has been oft-injured thus far. Not to mention, Shanny selecting Silverback to this point appears to have been the correct choice.

As far as players struggling (or players not getting reps), I would break it down by position:

QB: Clemens- Clearly not grasping the system well.

RB: K. Williams-Almost appears to have been phased out altogether.

FB: M. Sellers-Yeah, I realize he was moved to TE, but he apparently appears to be on his way out.

WR: M. Kelly, Aldrick Robinson- With Robinson, you could easily say that he is a rookie and experience what most rookies do: inconsistentcy and growing pains. With Kelly, however, it's the same story, different year. Kelly should be packing his belongings, but I'm sure he'd pull a hammy grabbing his suitcase.

TE: C. Cooley: The only reason I put him here is for his injury. He has missed some significant time. Though this won't necessarily hamper him much, it is a genuine concern.

OL: S. Capers, A. Hicks, and S. Locklear- Capers has done little to build off last year's learning experience. Hicks continues to be pushed around as well as Locklear, who appears to be inconsistent, to say the least.

DL: There really isn't a player here who has looked bad. JJ's injury really hurt. A. Carriker, with his injury, needs to be ready to contribute and build off last season.

LB: P. Riley, R. McIntosh, and HB Blades: Riley was expected to step up this year into a more prominent role, but has to this point failed to make an impact at ILB. McIntosh once again appears to be uncomfortable and not a good fit in the 3-4. Blades looks sluggish and late to react, perhaps signaling that he too is not suited for the 3-4.

CB/S: R. Jones, C. Horton- Neither player has shown much that would warrant them to remain on the roster.

TW gets a lot of flack for being a top 5 pick last yr. while Eric Berry was on the board.

You're gonna get blasted for Berry, but I'm really, REALLY happy that he's not in the NFC.

If Samuels hadn't retired and Berry were on the board, then I would've been happy with him.

LB: P. Riley, R. McIntosh, and HB Blades: Riley was expected to step up this year into a more prominent role, but has to this point failed to make an impact at ILB. McIntosh once again appears to be uncomfortable and not a good fit in the 3-4. Blades looks sluggish and late to react, perhaps signaling that he too is not suited for the 3-4.

I wouldn't say Riley's struggled so much as he hasn't been given an opportunity to excel. He's done well when he's been in. Just that when we re-signed McIntosh and brought in Keyaron Fox, it relegated Riley to backup status.

I wouldn't say Riley's struggled so much as he hasn't been given an opportunity to excel. He's done well when he's been in. Just that when we re-signed McIntosh and brought in Keyaron Fox, it relegated Riley to backup status.

Fox has impressed me this preseason, while Rocky looks almost as lost as last season. I still wish we had Henson, he may have been out of shape, but so is HB Blades.

Hoping Rocky/Blades both get cut, Fox/Riley/Alexander at the ILB spot wouldn't be so bad.

Fox has impressed me this preseason, while Rocky looks almost as lost as last season. I still wish we had Henson, he may have been out of shape, but so is HB Blades.

Hoping Rocky/Blades both get cut, Fox/Riley/Alexander at the ILB spot wouldn't be so bad.

Yeah, not sure why we're keeping Horatio. Rocky, from all I've heard has improved on last year (haven't seen much of him, been watching other players).

I would LOVE to see more of Fox and Riley. I'm really excited about them

Henson is still out there and 31 other teams have also taken a pass on him. I'm not a fan of him or his game.

Archived