Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who has really struggled this preseaon?

PeterMP

We have a thread for the guy that is doing well post-Ravens game. Let's flip it. Who is the guy that really seems to be struggling. Who did you think had a reasonable (not that you hoped by some miracle) of making the team or starting that clearly isn't cutting it?

I guess I'd say Rocky. I've never thought he was a really good fit has 3-4 ILB, but I thought he might at least be adaquate. Right now, it seems to me that they should be looking at cuts, waiver wires, and their own roster for somebody else that can fill that role.

The way he is playing now, I find it hard to believe he will start all year (though I'm not at sure who would replace him), and if he does, he's got to be at least demoted next year.

It's Hankerson for me. So far, he fits the old mold of a player who looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. I'd love to see him start picking up his game.

I guess I just don't expect much out of a 3rd round draft pick at WR, especially one that doesn't seem to be suited for special teams.

It's Hankerson for me. So far, he fits the old mold of a player who looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.

receiver is such a hard position to transition, i'd give him next preseason until we start talking about him under performing.

for me it has to be some of the backups. guys like perry riley, kevin barnes, whomever our backup FS is going to be, etc.

a lot of these guys are in their second year and yet they don't look like they're even putting up a fight for a job. riley is my #1 guy though, having to resign rocky is not something we should have had to do because he should have stepped up.

QBs

Oline

Rocky

The Secondary

Hankerson

The QBs have been about what I expected. Heck, Beck has been better than I expected. I think the OL isn't doing poorly considering the time they've had together in training camp (and I think all OLs seem to be having issues, and I think that is a result of some of the limits of training camp).

The secondary hasn't been very good, but I guess I'm hoping that is an issue w/ combinations of injuries.

QBs

Oline

Rocky

The Secondary

Hankerson

:ols: Might as well say everyone but the water boy.

I think Hankerson is gaining confidence. You could see it in the Baltimore game. I think he was only targeted once, but he made a great shoestring catch and kept a drive alive, which ultimately led to a score. So, things may be looking up for him.

QBs

Oline

Rocky

The Secondary

Hankerson

Come on man....QBs... you must have had really high expectations... both have had QB ratings in the 90s with limited mistakes... I think if anything they have exceeded most peoples expectations, i know they have mine for sure.... Same for the Oline, i think that unit has looked better than I thought.. they have struggled some but that is to be expected...

It's hard to say a rookie is struggling. I think they do by definition. Though Robinson is struggling far worse :) Hank had a real good yank last game. I'd say Kelly is really struggling this preseason for reasons beyond him. I'd say HB Blades and Artis Hicks are struggling mightily as well. Hall is up and down.

receiver is such a hard position to transition, i'd give him next preseason until we start talking about him under performing.

And he didn't benefit from camp. That's where I think drafting guys like that in the 3rd round that can also contribute on special teams makes sense.

If they compete on special teams, you can essentially give them a year or two to see if they figure it out at WR.

Riley is a good one.

---------- Post added August-27th-2011 at 10:46 AM ----------

Has to be Kelly because he can't even get on the field.

Did you really expect anything different though?

---------- Post added August-27th-2011 at 10:47 AM ----------

Hall is up and down.

Again, though, I think Hall is always going to be up and down. I've seen enough out of it from him that it has become what I expect.

It'd be nice if it stopped, but I don't expect it to.

I guess I just don't expect much out of a 3rd round draft pick at WR, especially one that doesn't seem to be suited for special teams.
I expect a WR drafted with the third-round pick to be able to run routes at least fairly well and catch a football.

Only thing that stands out to me is the ILB position..outside of London we don´t have a lot.

Rocky is solid, Henson and Blades where out of shape and Perry had a chance to win the spot but doesn´t lock it up. Before the season I had good hopes for that second LB spot...they just don´t show it.

It's Hankerson for me. So far, he fits the old mold of a player who looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. I'd love to see him start picking up his game.

He snagged that low ball that thrown to him in the game againts the Ravens. What are you basing this on? The drop at Indy, the guy is a hardworker and high character. I would hope that he gets more looks next week and he continues to develop as any third round WR should. BTW, he has outplayed the Comb this preseason, so theres that.

As for who I think has struggled, I would say HB Blades and Westbrook. I expected both to make gains and they look worse IMO.

You and I have been watching different games.

As for the original question, I'd say Horatio Blades, Rocky McIntosh, Chris Horton and Reggie Jones.

I think Blades has been a disappointment mainly because he was projected as London fletcher's replacement. There never will be a replacement for him.

struggled? OL? I think the OL was been good, at least the starters.

As far as who has really struggled. Reed Doughty, Rocky at times (other times he's been decent). Fred Davis has been mostly quiet. Sadly I had to listen to a piece of a preseason game on the radio and can tell you Larry Michael is in mid-season full-on awful mode. Made me wish I could hear the opposing team broadcast clearly.

Only thing that stands out to me is the ILB position..outside of London we don´t have a lot.

Rocky is solid, Henson and Blades where out of shape and Perry had a chance to win the spot but doesn´t lock it up. Before the season I had good hopes for that second LB spot...they just don´t show it.

Fox has not been bad. Between him, Riley, and Rocky we can at least get by at the position. You certainly can't expect to be strong everywhere.

He snagged that low ball that thrown to him in the game againts the Ravens. What are you basing this on? The drop at Indy, the guy is a hardworker and high character. I would hope that he gets more looks next week and he continues to develop as any third round WR should. BTW, he has outplayed the Comb this preseason, so theres that.

As for who I think has struggled, I would say HB Blades and Westbrook. I expected both to make gains and they look worse IMO.

Yeah, I don't really understand this hate on Hankerson. Dude has the potential to be great.

Archived