Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who has really struggled this preseaon?

PeterMP

listen oldfan, you're way behind on making any relevant points, so why start now? hint, hint, you're not.
Hint: your opinion of the debate isn't debate. No one cares.
you don't like the 3-4. you would rather see us play a 4-3. unless i'm confusing you with someone else from all the negative haslett/3-4 threads on here for the last few years.
You're confused. I have no preference for the 4-3.
newsflash, i wasn't even in on this argument. you and i were talking about hankerson and i was just trying to alleviate this young fella from getting too deep discussing something that you have an ulterior motive for hating.
My ulterior motive was to answer the OP's question.

I think Willie Smith has looked great. I'd be very surprised if he does not make the team.

I think he has shown potential but I see him as a practice squad candidate. He is very raw IMO and needs a year of work on his footwork and pro strength programm before you would want to dress him as a backup.

Me to. I think Blades has no chance of making the 53 and he has looked off the pace even playing against 3rd string guys late in preseason games.

I also think the back up offensive line is a worry. Our top two reserves are probably Hicks and Locklear - if either has to play for more than a week or two we are in big trouble. I look for us to be watching the waiver wire for a guard and tackle.

Yeah, I'm worried about the depth if someone goes down. Lock, Hicks, & Cook if we go with 8 OL and possibly Smith if we go with 9. Smith might be too good to try to sneak him on to the PS. I'd look for Hurt to clear waivers and end up on the PS.

In my opinion, there HAS to be someone out there better than Westbrook. I never understood why we have always kept him around, but watching the replay right now it's even more apparent to me that he doesn't belong in the NFL.
Brandyn Thompson has flashed more talent in this preseason tha Westbrook has since he's been here , but there's the special teams angle that Westbrook has going for him.

I think the ones who have struggled most are the fans who said we needed to tank the season because we'd be fortunate to win more than a handful of games and that we were by far one of the worst, most embarrassing teams in the league.

There's going to be a lot of people Googling recipes for crow, that's for sure...

Rak and Kerrigan are going to rush on most downs from a five-man front anyway. So, just do more of it. If you do drop one, make it a short zone drop.

Yeah I'm fine with that. And I think that's what we're going to call most of the time. I think both our staff and Orakpo are kind of testing his limits right now. This has been a pretty experimental playbook IMO, compared to last season. We've seen a lot of new defensive back and overload blitzes this year. I imagine we're still working everything out as far as deep coverages are concerned.

---------- Post added August-27th-2011 at 04:49 PM ----------

Yeah, I'm worried about the depth if someone goes down. Lock, Hicks, & Cook if we go with 8 OL and possibly Smith if we go with 9. Smith might be too good to try to sneak him on to the PS. I'd look for Hurt to clear waivers and end up on the PS.

That's a pretty normal situation though. Most teams are worrying about their OL depth. It's really hard to keep good backups, look at Chris Chester and Marshall Yanda signing deals to become starters. There aren't enough good starting OL in the league for every team. Somewhere, someone out there will sign you to be a starter if you can play.

Malcomb Kelly

Chris Horton

Aldrick Robinson

Reggie Jones

Keiland Williams (He cant even get on the field)

Reed Doughty

Kareem Moore

You can't put Kelly on there since he's not even on the field. Same for Moore.

If you look at first team, most played well so far. The only thing that we struggled is ST. That is my main concern. We also seems to have lack of depth which is expected. We can't fix everything this year. I expect better depth 1 - 2 more years of drafting and FAs.

I know, He's an absolute playmaker but his play is way too inconsistent. I guess you have to take the good and the bad that comes with Hall.

Hall is a risk taker. We all know that. He really didnt get beat badly with Evans. That was great coverage but Flaco put the ball perfectly. That was a great throw not a bad coverage by Hall at all.

As for Hankerson, the normal expectation for rookie WRs is it takes them 2 - 3 yrs to learn the system. Yes, there are a few exceptions, but normally, WRs break out on their 3rd year. Hankerson is coachable and should improve. Write him off after 3 PS games is ridiculous. He just needs better concentration.

Hint: your opinion of the debate isn't debate. No one cares.

No one cares about my opinion, or no one cares about the debate? Did you take a poll or you generally speak for everyone? You know OF I have enjoyed and even defended many of your posts and watched as others have run your mental mouse trap with walls erected by you to no avail. And now I understand much more, thanks.

No one cares about my opinion, or no one cares about the debate? Did you take a poll or you generally speak for everyone? You know OF I have enjoyed and even defended many of your posts and watched as others have run your mental mouse trap with walls erected by you to no avail. And now I understand much more, thanks.
There was never any chance for a logical debate between us here because I stated a subjective opinion. That's what the OP asked for. I did not make an argument. So, there was nothing to debate. You could have stated your subjective opinion to the contrary, and that would have been the end of it. That would have been the intelligent thing to do.

Instead you tried foolishly to prove that my opinion was wrong. There is no way you can do that. You can prove arguments unsound, but you can't prove subjective opinions wrong. Nor can you prove that your subjective opinion is correct. It can't be done.

I stop debating with my mother a very long time ago. Once they hit certain age, you're not going to win. They are already set in the way they think about things.

Opinions can't be proven correct, I agree. However the facts are infallable and you discredited those by saying I cherry picked them. I know, your a brick that won't bend, so be it. Take care.
I said you cherry-picked them because you cherry-picked them.

I'm a brick wall because I won't agree that your precious opinion is right -- because it's yours.

For me, due to injuries or just being out of shape or just not being motivated enough ...

1/ Malcolm Kelly

2/ Brandon Banks

3/ Rocky McIntosh

4/ Trent Wiliams (too much hype, and has yet to deliver consistently)

5/ Kareen Moore

6/ Chris Horton

7/ HH Blades

8/ Ryan Torrain

9/ Mike Sellers

10/ Reed Doughty

Hall is a risk taker. We all know that. He really didnt get beat badly with Evans. That was great coverage but Flaco put the ball perfectly. That was a great throw not a bad coverage by Hall at all.

As for Hankerson, the normal expectation for rookie WRs is it takes them 2 - 3 yrs to learn the system. Yes, there are a few exceptions, but normally, WRs break out on their 3rd year. Hankerson is coachable and should improve. Write him off after 3 PS games is ridiculous. He just needs better concentration.

Nope, great route and a better throw beat Hall. I wasn't talking about that play more referring to leading the league in YDs allowed and TDs last Year. As for as Hank, not sure if you think I'm writing him off, if so go back and read my comments.

... Hankerson is coachable and should improve. Write him off after 3 PS games is ridiculous. He just needs better concentration.
Man, you people love to create your strawman arguments.

I found Hankerson's performance to date disappointing -- too many drops in practice and in games. Sloppy route running on those routes I've seen.

I said NOTHING about writing him off.

Man, you people love to create your strawman arguments.

I found Hankerson's performance to date disappointing -- too many drops in practice and in games. Sloppy route running on those routes I've seen.

I said NOTHING about writing him off.

Easy now Old Fan. That was a reply fail on my part. I was trying to reply to some one referring to me writing him off. That quote is NOT mine. Hank’s problems aren’t physical, they’re that he has mental lapses watching the ball into his oversized hands.

Archived