Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Colts Sign QB Kerry Collins

dsciambi

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6891243/kerry-collins-unretires-joins-indianapolis-colts-per-tweet-jim-irsay

As insurance in case Peyton Manning isn't healthy enough to start the opener, the Indianapolis Colts reached an agreement with veteran quarterback Kerry Collins, team owner Jim Irsay tweeted.

Collins announced his retirement earlier this year. He was drafted by current Colts general manager Bill Polian when Polian was running the Carolina Panthers.

Looks like the AFC South could be up for grabs.

I'm surprised. Sorgi is still out there and at least has experience in the system. Collins has experience starting. I dunno. Strange. Though, their QB situation minus manning is just poor. I don't know how Polian let it get this bad.

(Half jokingly) I wonder if they called Favre?

I don't know that he had much of a choice other than to skimp on the backup because of the amount of $ that Manning makes. Bringing in a good backup would be a lot of money for the quarterback position, especially since Manning has a consecutive starting streak going, they are used to the backup never playing except for garbage time, when all he does is hand the ball off.

Whoa the Colts may be in some serious trouble if they're bringing in Kerry Collins at the 9th hour. As smart as Bill Polian is why the hell hasn't he drafted a viable young qb to back up Peyton? I know he's Peyton Manning and all but sooner or later injuries catch up with the best of them. Go Texans hopefully the can take advantage of a possibly Manning less Colts team.

Archived