Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Matt Barkley man crush activated..

Can't tell if coach is holding him back though. Very efficient but hasn't taken a lot of down field shots except for that last TD bomb. But mostly dink and dunk throws. He's moving the ball well though.

Don't know a lot about internetservers and stuff. But could we possibly have a extremeskins torrent tracker? I d-load a huge amount of college games a year, we might be able to make does availble for other fans. The same way as ten yard torrent (they still have the members stop right?).

Beside the last 3th down stop I don't think Manti Te'o looks that dominant today. He does show some flashes of a athletic 3-4 ILB, rushing the QB and taking on blockers. How is he projected this year? Middle to late first? As a pure MLB/ILB.

Matt Barkley man crush activated..

Can't tell if coach is holding him back though. Very efficient but hasn't taken a lot of down field shots except for that last TD bomb. But mostly dink and dunk throws. He's moving the ball well though.

I've been saying all along that WE HAVE a better shot at Barkley than we do at Luck. And honestly, I really don't think we have a shot at Barkley either.

I've been saying all along that WE HAVE a better shot at Barkley than we do at Luck. And honestly, I really don't think we have a shot at Barkley either.

Three TDs so far, guy is calling audibles, throwing short and intermediate passes perfectly and on time. Need to see more deep routes, 5-7 step drops and 3rd and long conversions though. but really hard not to like this guy and like you said better chance of getting him than luck.

i dont see why not unless the team's picking are teams with qb needs. i would be ok with mortaging some of our future for a top qb pick... its about the only position in which i like that strategy.

I didn't get to watch any games yet, but will try to go back and see RGIII online if possible. Anyone know where I could find it. This thread is awesome, and I miss it. I've been working like crazy lately, literally 5 weeks straight with no days off. When is RGIII eligible?

Back to the ILB, Manti Te'o has my vote. Not to sound like I am stereotyping, but he reminds me of my crush on Rey Maualuga, who I thought would be awesome behind Haynesworth in our 4-3. I think Rey's habits may keep him from ever reaching his potential. In any case, we could really use a physical enforcer at ILB, and Te'o would fit the bill, but is also mobile. I was watching the video below, and was actually pretty impressed by Te'o's coverage skills. Man does that look weird. Te'o's.

I haven't seen alameda Ta'amu live, and I know youtube isn't a great way to evaluate, but I don't like him, and don't think he will go high. Watch the video below. Ta'amu has terrible hips and knees, as in he doesn't bend his knees or roll his hips. He looks very stiff, and appears to catch the offensive linemen rather than exploding into them. There are also multiple instances in the video where the OL gets under him, and drives him yards off the ball. That just shouldn't happen with a player his size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN727EY-2bI

No racist but it is a fact. Can't help that and Griffin probally doesn't fit our systeme. He is a deep first QB in my opinion, he probally would fit a off. like Eagels better.

But if I gave anybody a bad feeling by making that comment, I'm sorry for that. Didn't want to hurt anybody.

he fits our system to the tee imo. But the afro american comment was not needed at all had no justification in the discussion we were having and despite you stating it wasn't intended for that, well it looks like you went out of your way to take a shot by basically saying you dont want a black qb...

---------- Post added September-3rd-2011 at 05:47 PM ----------

Have to pound this point.....It was one game, can we please stop anointing Griffin a football legend after one game especially when the first week of college football hasn't even finished.

but if luck blows up today people praise him.. or barkley or Jones.. give the guy his just due.. he showed you what hes capable of last night to the fullest extent acknowledge it and let it grow.. but he did put his name on the college map last night. But imo ive never seen anything outside of what vick did against us that monday night. That display that he put on was nothing short of incredible.

No racist but it is a fact. Can't help that and Griffin probally doesn't fit our systeme. He is a deep first QB in my opinion, he probally would fit a off. like Eagels better.

But if I gave anybody a bad feeling by making that comment, I'm sorry for that. Didn't want to hurt anybody.

You're from Europe. Most Europeans don't understand the kind of sensitivity Americans have about subjects dealing with race, specifically between whites and blacks. America has a 400 year history of overt racism based upon skin color that Europe doesn't share. I don't know what the standards are like in Europe, but I do know that you can't really say things like that in America or to Americans.

Besides the fact that no black quarterback aside from Doug Williams has won the Superbowl before is obviously not because black QBs have black skin. Only two black quarterbacks have ever even played in the Superbowl before right? McNabb and Williams? That's 50%. That's basically the same as the record for white QBs in the Superbowl isn't it?

If you want to get in to why there are so few black QBs compared to white QBs, or why so few black QBs have gotten the opportunity to play in the Superbowl, that's a long and complex sociological exploration that's not going to get the proper treatment on an NFL message board.

---------- Post added September-4th-2011 at 02:53 AM ----------

Darn.

I forgot to DVR the Florida State game, I wanna watch EJ, some Noles think he's better then Ponder.

ESPN3.com will probably show a ton of these games on replay. I think they actually show almost every single game.

This has been a really busy weekend, and I've only gotten to watch a few full games and then halves of others. I plan on checking out some of these replays throughout the week to get a sense of what happened.

We might have to break our thread up into regional scouting for the regular contributors LOL! There are too many games and too many prospects to follow for any one of us to handle.

I'm going to change pace and not focus on the ACC this season. I'm going to watch the Big 12 guys play when I can. There are so many good QBs in the conference. I also want to watch more Big 10 (why are we still calling it this?) this season than I typically get a chance to.

This kid is a freshman so likely not an option this year (nor needed hopefully) however great catch last night:

From the Buckeyes web site

Evan Spencer

Class:

Freshman

Hometown:

Vernon Hills, Ill.

High School:

Vernon Hills

Height / Weight:

6-1 / 190

Position:

WR

All-state offensive weapon with a Buckeye pedigree... scored 19 TD as a senior and 14 as a junior ... helped lead Coach Tony Monken's Cougars to the state quarterfinals ... son of Gilda and Tim Spencer ... father is a former Ohio State running back and assistant coach now on the coaching staff of the NFL's Chicago Bears

You're from Europe. Most Europeans don't understand the kind of sensitivity Americans have about subjects dealing with race, specifically between whites and blacks. America has a 400 year history of overt racism based upon skin color that Europe doesn't share. I don't know what the standards are like in Europe, but I do know that you can't really say things like that in America or to Americans.

Besides the fact that no black quarterback aside from Doug Williams has won the Superbowl before is obviously not because black QBs have black skin. Only two black quarterbacks have ever even played in the Superbowl before right? McNabb and Williams? That's 50%. That's basically the same as the record for white QBs in the Superbowl isn't it?

If you want to get in to why there are so few black QBs compared to white QBs, or why so few black QBs have gotten the opportunity to play in the Superbowl, that's a long and complex sociological exploration that's not going to get the proper treatment on an NFL message board.

ESPN3.com will probably show a ton of these games on replay. I think they actually show almost every single game.

This has been a really busy weekend, and I've only gotten to watch a few full games and then halves of others. I plan on checking out some of these replays throughout the week to get a sense of what happened.

We might have to break our thread up into regional scouting for the regular contributors LOL! There are too many games and too many prospects to follow for any one of us to handle.

I'm going to change pace and not focus on the ACC this season. I'm going to watch the Big 12 guys play when I can. There are so many good QBs in the conference. I also want to watch more Big 10 (why are we still calling it this?) this season than I typically get a chance to.

Steve McNair was another one.

your about to see their stocks fall..

Depends on what you mean by that. Robert Quinn's stock fell from top 5 pick to mid 1st rounder, but even with a guy like Forston who I see as a 1st rounder, he would slip into a mid 1st to late 1st area, but I think you wont see a huge drop off in him. Even last year with the UNC guys, some were being taken(except Little) where they should have been. Austin wasn't a 1st rounder unless you took him on potential, Quinn was a little later than he would have been if he went up easily top 5 if he had another year like he did last year.

Nine out of twelve of our draft class made the roster.

Can't say I didn't expect Maurice Hurt to get cut. I'm a little disappointed we cut Robinson and Royster since they were two of my favorite draft picks. We're clearly trying to get them on the PS, but I'm not sure Royster will make it. His recent concussion sealed his fate, perhaps it will scare other teams away from him too.

Also Willie Smith turned out to be as valuable as a draft pick. We're going to be in huge trouble if we have even one OL starter go down for extended periods of time. But it's nice to have a very talented rookie OT in development.

I'm not sure Niles Paul deserved to make the roster. I'm not sure Donte Stallworth should have been kept either. I'm nervous about having only 3 backup offensive linemen. I'm also nervous about carrying only six defensive linemen and three safeties. That indicates the FO is probably planning to play Gomes a lot at safety IMO. I'm also not sure why we're holding onto Byron Westbrook. My guess is he'll be cut when Buchanon comes back.

Also I don't feel all that great about our ILBs. Rocky and Fox seem like stopgaps and London is aging. Perry Riley hasn't really popped in spot duty so far.

I'm thrilled Chris Neild made the roster over Anthony Bryant. That was definitely the right decision in my mind. Brandyn Thompson, Gomes, and Markus White all became locks after the way they performed in the preseason. The decision to keep each of them seems pretty easy. Hankerson and Paul are long developers who are going to have to contribute on special teams to justify their inclusion on the squad. They'll probably be buried in the depth chart early on, as Moss, Gaffney, Armstrong, Austin, and Stallworth are all superior receivers right now. Why are we focusing so heavily on stockpiling the WR position? Let's convert some of that energy into acquiring offensive linemen.

Take a look at the average experience of our WR corps. Five rookies and sophomores plus another talented rookie on the PS. We're not drafting a receiver this year.

I'm not sure about the decision to keep Sellers over Keiland Williams. Positional versatility and special teams were probably the deciding factors. A FB/TE is probably more valuable than a FB/HB when you consider our depth at each position. Sellers is also a special teams captain.

I wish we could find a way to sneak Lee Smith onto the roster somehow. He got cut from the Patriots and will probably end up on their PS. Logan Paulsen is a better option for us right now, but Smith has some potential. I'd seriously consider trying to trade Cooley if I got good value, promote Fred Davis and Paulsen, and try and work a blocker like Smith into the depth chart.

---------- Post added September-4th-2011 at 01:49 PM ----------

Should we give recent Cowboys cuts Lonyae Miller or Akwasi Owusu-Ansah a look? Mike McGlynn from the Eagles? Jamon Meredith or Jarriel King from the Giants?

I'm surprised to see the Giants keep so many rookie linebackers but I guess the injury to Clint Sintim made room. Their LB core has the potential to be nasty in a year or two. I like a group with Herzlich at WILL, Greg Jones at MIKE, and Sinting at SAM. Kiwi, Tuck, and JPP as your long term rotation (Osi is going to get traded I bet). Marvin Austin and Linval Joseph as your starting 3 and 1 techniques respectively. Amukamara as your future shutdown guy, a nice CB rotation between Terrell Thomas, Aaron Ross, and Corey Webster, and a pretty good pair of starting safeties in Kenny Phillips and Antrel Rolle. Their defense is going to be good for years when the young guys start to gel.

Good response.

If you really want to get into a pickle think about the disparity in college head coaching jobs or black playcallers/offensive coordinators.

I know a coach on an NFL coaching staff that was a college QB, a college QB coach grad assistant but switched to DBs in the NFL because of the limited opportunity for career progression as QB coach.

Yep, but I enjoy watching the DVR games better some of those ESPN3 games picture quality can be spotty.

ESPN3 is a great resource its where I got to watch Josh Portis last year.

Should I expect a follow up on the QB eval stuff?

I only mention it because I trust you guys when you watch games and you watch far more then I do.

I think we could come up with a simple baseline checklist/scorecard for watching QBs.*(if you plan on watching the entire game)

It would be a checklist in lieu of charting all the passes.

For example rather then charting all the passes one could take note of the # of off target passes and/or some other passes.

And that count would be quick and dirty measure for 'bad balls thrown' or 'accuracy'.

Anyway just a thought.

No doubt you guys cut a wide swath.

---------- Post added September-4th-2011 at 03:58 PM ----------

~[whole post]

Yeah I'm a big fan of Aldrick I wanted to see him play more in preseason but we have a long jame of WRs and KR/PR.

(BTW-Both Royster and Robinson are on the PS)

Love Willie Smith, didn't get a chance to focus on him during the preason but that kid has loads of talent.

Kudos to the scouting department for finding a Trent Williams-esque physical talent it will be fun to see if he develops over the seasons.

I went to the Skins-Ravens game and Stallworth really looked like just a guy.

Didn't look as fast as his hype, in fact didn't appear fast at all really and certainly isn't quick.

Paul was kinda surprising to me too not because of talent but because of the numbers at WR.

Watching Paul live he really tries hard and plays a physical brand of WR.

His physical skillset reminds me of a Brandon Marshall/Q Boldin with a sprinkle of Davone Bess.(if that makes sense)

I would have liked to see us you the preseason to focus on developing Hankerson and Paul.

I would have loved to see what Hankerson or Paul would have done on Stallworth deep ball in the Ravens game.(I think they would have made the play I know Armstrong brings that ball down)

Kinda like how the Falcons and Bengals are force feeding their WRs in preseason. (Julio was the most targeted WR in preseason)

Re:Safety

I was surprised to see Horton go.

The OJ signing makes a lot more sense now that we know the severity of Landry and Moore's injuries.

I'll jump to Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, gotta admit I'm a fan of his and would love the signing.

Therefore its a lock that we won't pick him up, lol.

It would be good even if we signed him just to milk him for Dallas info.

LBs: I thought we should have been playing Riley a lot more snaps to get him ready.

The kid hits with pop but I would have liked to see him make more plays in preseason.

I was surprised that Rocky was brought back, he still looks hesistant/non-aggressive and doesn't cover well despite his speed.

I like Fox because he knows the scheme, he's not flashy but I'm sure he'll run through a wall for Spanos.

FB:I'm biased I got a soft spot for Sellers, but like you said he's a captain, special teams ace, leader and the dude can play FB and TE.

Hate to see Keiland go, I like the way that kid runs.

Anyone going to watch Ryan Tannehill tonight? I'm excited to see him play. Didn't get a chance to see Brandon Weeden play last night but I watched the highlights of him bombing it down field. These Big 12 QBs are fearless.

Yup, its going to be a boring game but I'm also wanting to check Tannehill

Hate that I have see it on the internet though, horrible quality.

I'm just going to focus in on the QBs this season. won't even bother to look at any other position. Have to think the redskins will focus in on Qb next draft.

only QB I didn't get a chance to see was Nick Foles this weekend. Have to find a torrent..

I'm impressed with barkley, really impressed with his ability to throw right between the numbers and on time. He doesn't hold the ball at all. I just wish kiffin would open up the playbook some more. Barkley threw 50 times I think and majority were short to intermediate throws. Not a lot of 5-7 step drops.

Anyone going to watch Ryan Tannehill tonight? I'm excited to see him play. Didn't get a chance to see Brandon Weeden play last night but I watched the highlights of him bombing it down field. These Big 12 QBs are fearless.

yessir. gametime coming up soon. almost went to this game, but id rather go vs. a different opponent.

looking forward to a big season from the Aggies and will be paying particular interest in tannehill. watched him some last year, but wasnt focusing on him too much. it will be interesting to see how he improves his play.

i know we prolly wont be drafting these positions, but other Aggies to look at are rb cyrus gray (he is a burner), wr jeff fuller, and cb coryell judie..

Archived